• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious PAP Worshipped Kenna Conned of $88K (Huat Number)!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP Worshipper Kenna Conned of $88K (Huat Number)!

straitstimes.com
Woman says she lost $88k to 2 men with 'connections'
GOH YAN HAN

An elderly woman has said she lost $88,000 of her savings after falling victim to two people who allegedly preyed on her respect for authority.

The woman, 66, who asked not to be named, said she had lent money to her friend of more than 30 years, Mr Kuah Wing Piau, a retiree in his 70s, and his friend, Mr Lee Jun Sheng, on three separate occasions in June last year.

She said Mr Lee had claimed to be the "grandson" of businessman and philanthropist Lee Kong Chian and to have "ties" with the family of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and the Ministry of Defence.

The woman, a former storekeeper, and Mr Kuah used to be colleagues, but she had not heard from him for some time.

In April last year, he contacted her and said he would like one of her children to write his biography. He called her late at night almost daily, supposedly to chat.

In June last year, he asked her for a cash loan of $35,000 for his mini-mart business. She declined at first but eventually agreed, thinking he would repay the loan in a week.

When she went to a bank to pass Mr Kuah the money, she was introduced to his friend, Mr Lee, whose age and occupation she did not know. Mr Kuah allegedly told her that Mr Lee was close to the Prime Minister.

A week later, Mr Lee asked to borrow $28,000 for a court case, claiming he was being sued for negligence. The woman was approached for a loan for the third time just a week later, this time for $25,000, for Mr Kuah to pay his mini-mart debts.

The duo did not return the money, but the woman did not go to the police at first as she feared Mr Lee's supposed connections.

Her younger daughter, Ms K. Y. Ho, 39, a businesswoman, said: "I could feel my mother's fear. The older generation had grown up learning to respect the Government and the authorities. They are also more scared of them."

The older woman overcame her fears to make a police report last October. Police said investigations are ongoing.

The family recently approached The Straits Times to publicise the incident, saying they wanted to warn the public to be more cautious about people claiming to have government ties.

The victim said of Mr Kuah: "I trusted him as a friend, and I believed his friend would not run away as he had all these connections."

When The Straits Times called Mr Kuah last week, he said: "I will return the money as soon as I get it."

He declined further comment.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fear and respect ur government who has cheated u of $53k?priceless.

should have let her continue believe Lee kong chian and lee kuan yew has cheated,that way she might vote for opposition next election.oh dear lord i wonder what goes thru these sinkies mind when they are at the voting booth.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should treat the $88K as Hell Money burnt for LKY and his wife. I am quite sure LKY will bless her to huat big big!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Respect for authority.. Wahahhaahha.. That is why I agreed with Amos Yee that the older generation are fucktards.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"PAP" brand, damn good sell....go take pics with MP's & whatnots, hang in your office, above you or put on FB etc... you will get the recognition..