• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 66-year-old-ex-teacher-and-journalist-struggling with unemployment......

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As an ex-journalist and ex-teacher, I find it very difficult to land a job, not least because of certain discriminating and unfair practices of employers, including the government.

I had tried to ask management, where I worked before, but their reply has always been negative, even though I have seen ads about vacancies for Sub-editors in particular. Yet, you will be surprised how many expats they have in their staff.

In teaching, it is the same. I had written countless times to MOE. And the matter came to a head when MOE said they would refer it to higher authorities. But after 4 – 5 months of waiting, the answer was NO. And yet, the irony of it all is that they are still short of teachers and going to as far as Canada and Australia trying to find teachers.

However, I am not discouraged. In fact, I am now doing a bit of English Enrichment Trainer’s work, but it doesn’t guarantee putting food on the table everyday.

The programmes I conduct in our schools, through an agency, are few and far between. The lessons cover only six to seven months a year — once a week, 90 min to 2 hr each lesson.

I am trying to secure something more substantial and regular as I have a homekeeper wife and a son who is now in NS and hoping to join the varsity soon.

I am now attending a course (instead of idling) in Security Services, hoping to at least secure a certificate that will help me to gradually attain a Diploma so that I can get a supervisory job and reasonable salary. But it will take me at least two years for this to materialise.

And I am already 66, going on 67. Which is why it is imperative that I get a job now, not 2 – 3 months later.

Please call me and we can discuss further, in person. Thank you very much for your attention and help.

Question: will you hire a 66 years old person with his experience?
He should be retiring instead of looking for a job......

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This ungrateful stinkaporean!! KNN. PAP already let him live to almost 67, and he still want to kpkb? In other neighbouring countries, the life expectancy is not that long, ok? Maybe 50 something years only. This fuker could be long dead by now, if not under the umbrella of the PAP. Furthermore, PAP is feeding his son 3 square meals a day in the arcmy. What more he want? He is so poor and jobless he could not feed his family, so the PAP has helped him by covering all expenses for his son for the next 2 years. Like that also not happy? Chey!!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why he is not exercising collecting cardboard? Why he is not writing for free like lwl?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He shld be ok, surely there is enough saving to see him through these difficult times. Wonder if this story is really TRUE?

That is why PAP is so tulan this kind of useless sinkies. PAP already help him get govt job in MOE as a teacher, he made so much money from that already. And then later, help him get another govt job at SPH. Even more money he earned there. Then PAP take care of his son for free for 2 years. Free board and lodging, free medical expenses, even play wargames and shoot things. Finally, PAP import so many FTs to deliberately let gongkias like him earn extra money. SHit lah, he rent out his son's empty room for $500-600 a month, more if he pow chiak, like that also he don't want to do. Then kpkb say he cannot find job. U see lah. That is why PAP minister pay $2 million not enough to put up with all this nonsense. Cantonese say really vomit blood. chey.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
first off this guy is worthless,he has been feeding off the government trough all his life,he doesnt really have any practical skills in the outside world what job does he expect to get?at this age,government servants should be retired and living off their tiny pension check.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why PAP is so tukan this kind of useless sinkies. PAP already help him get govt job in MOE as a teacher, he made so much money from that already. And then later, help him get another govt job at SPH. Even more money he earned there. Then PAP take care of his son for free for 2 years. Free board and lodging, free medical expenses, even play wargames and shoot things. Finally, PAP import so many FTs to deliberately let gongkias like him earn extra money. SHit lah, he rent out his son's empty room for $500-600 a month, more if he pow chiak, like that also he don't want to do. Then kpkb say he cannot find job. U see lah. That is why PAP minister pay $2 million not enough to put up with all this nonsense. Cantonese say really vomit blood. chey.

i'm glad you've woken up on the right side of bed and seen the pap in a more objective light. there's no point helping sinkies. you feed them from womb to tomb, and they will still kpkb, pointing fingers at others except themselves. i suggest an increase in pay from $2m to $2.3m, one third of the soixante-neuf index of $6.9m.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
As an ex-journalist and ex-teacher, I find it very difficult to land a job, not least because of certain discriminating and unfair practices of employers, including the government.

this has nothing to do with being an ex-whatever. It has everything to do with being 66

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is 66, son in NS which is 19. Therefore wife is confirmed a lot younger than him. Perhaps 17-20 years younger. So why is she a homemaker at that age while a 66 years old man has to work? Is she bedridden? And he doesn't have problem landing a job, he wants a management job with more pay and less work. And he wants it NOW. So most likely this is 2nd marriage, all his money gone to the HDB of his first marriage plus the 2nd HDB in this marriage. Wife is homemaker for a reason, can't speak english etc.

As an ex-journalist and ex-teacher, I find it very difficult to land a job.
I am trying to secure something more substantial and regular as I have a home keeper wife and a son who is now in NS and hoping to join the varsity soon.

..so that I can get a supervisory job and reasonable salary.

And I am already 66, going on 67. Which is why it is imperative that I get a job now, not 2 – 3 months later.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You got to give it to this guy for at least reaching out. He is certainly trying and still doing some amount of work to put food on the table. The fact that he is wants to get qualification to be a supervisor shows determination.

Its obvious he did not plan ahead or fell into a hole for him to be in this position.

hugs

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is ex-journalist. He knows what to cover up, he knows what to say. I am doubtful about him having problem putting food on the table.

You got to give it to this guy for at least reaching out. He is certainly trying and still doing some amount of work to put food on the table. The fact that he is wants to get qualification to be a supervisor shows determination.

Its obvious he did not plan ahead or fell into a hole for him to be in this position.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this guy wants a supervisory job and wants a decent salary,he wants to sit on his ass and supervise people and get paid for it,what a worthless sinkie leech,this comes from being a government employed leech for decades and decades.if u have been working for over 40 years and nothing to show for it theres only one place u ought to be,in hell.i cant even imagine working hard for more than 10 years and not being a millionaire.if u arent a millionaire after working hard for 10 years in this day and age,i suggest u leave singapore and move to russia or someplace and work in a coal mine or something.

Last edited:

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy wants a supervisory job and wants a decent salary,he wants to sit on his ass and supervise people and get paid for it,what a worthless sinkie leech,this comes from being a government employed leech for decades and decades.if u have been working for over 40 years and nothing to show for it theres only one place u ought to be,in hell.i cant even imagine working hard for more than 10 years and not being a millionaire.if u arent a millionaire after working hard for 10 years in this day and age,i suggest u leave singapore and move to russia or someplace and work in a coal mine or something.

I agree with you. I have my contacts in the industry and knows the politics inside Mediacorpse as well as SPH. Many of these Media GLCs are filled with dead wood, people just do Tai-chi, play politics, arse-kssing/licking to keep their jobs and get promotions. They dont contribute to journalism or even the media space. With the coming of internet, these GLCs' days are doomed as there no more barriers which protect their rice bowls (being the monopoly here to grab all the advertising dollars).

This f&&ker is probably also out of touch with digital/social media space. If he claims about writing so well, please show me a blog/editorial/etc you have done in the last 2 years. There are many people in the media agency space who contributes intelligent/noise online on regular basis without asking for "money", but to showcase their ideas/views, which indirectly translate to potential job/business opportunities.

Just take for example a Dutch journalist who regular covers luxury products as well as lifestyle. He is featured both online and offline. With his network and knowledge, this journalist was able to have a very successful kick-starter project selling a new perfume (purely through online e-commerce model): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/68507080/yvra-1958-a-unique-travellers-perfume

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls tell me who can take care of this old PAP dog? he worked for MOE and SPH.
both are PAP institution. if PAP cannot take care of its old dogs, who can help?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls tell me who can take care of this old PAP dog? he worked for MOE and SPH.
both are PAP institution. if PAP cannot take care of its old dogs, who can help?

Perhaps PAP should set up a human equivalent of SPCA to euthanize these bottom feeding useless old dogs. Cremate and create fertilizer for the plants at least to contribute real value to society.