• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Swiber retrenched engineers

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Love to hear news about sinkie worthless and ball-less losers screwed themselves.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hope they bring in more Pinoys or Ah Nehs from India. I have been writing to MOM recently to relax their foreign quotas so that I can bring in more foreign PMETs and S-pass workers. Cheaper, better, faster than most sinkies. And no need to waste time on reservist.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
..yes, but isn't the Swiber Director still driving a Bentley & living the high $$$ life ?

Pacific Radiance ?
Swissco ?
POSH ?
Eastern Navigation?
Britoil Offshore Services ?
Pacific Richfield ?
....which one of these is is the Strongest now ?

...maybe the big K of O&M will also do so in downsizing...as the economy is getting worse...I guess

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope they bring in more Pinoys or Ah Nehs from India. I have been writing to MOM recently to relax their foreign quotas so that I can bring in more foreign PMETs and S-pass workers. Cheaper, better, faster than most sinkies. And no need to waste time on reservist.

If pappies got half brain still intact, they should ensure foreigners/permanent residents are retrenched first and then native sinkies last on the exit door, and in future, all native sinkies should be considered first if re-employment is needed. Pappies must know how to play tai chis with these companies on retrenchment or sinkies will forever be the losers in their own country.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is inevitable.

This industry has undergone tremendous challenges for the last 2 years. Oil price , used to be at $100 has dropped to half due to abundant supply.

There is no way the company can sustain its operations without cutting cost.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is inevitable.

This industry has undergone tremendous challenges for the last 2 years. Oil price , used to be at $100 has dropped to half due to abundant supply.

There is no way the company can sustain its operations without cutting cost.

yes like agent smith says,"it is inevitable"

swiber retrenching 300 personnel is only the symptom,the beginning.beneath the hairline cracks is huge pervasive and systemic lapses and control failures,soon the retrenchment will come in thousands,tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands,before sg collapse on itself.that is the sound of inevitability.

[video=youtube;odIEhkLBH4Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odIEhkLBH4Y[/video]

Last edited: