• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious No Money, No Honey No Marriage! 18 Chefs JEx-Jailbird's Wife Now 60 Years Old!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
couples3.jpg

No money, no marriage. That seems to be the view of people here who have pushed marriage to the back of their minds to focus on building their careers and earning more pay.

Those who spoke to The Sunday Times said they felt they had to save up before committing to marriage because of the costs involved. These include the wedding reception, which can cost tens of thousands, and the costs of getting a home, renovation, and children.

They also said they are marrying later as they wanted to have attained some success at work to appeal to potential partners.

Mr Kiat Ng, 37, who married three years ago, said he was broke after finishing his diploma at 26. He did have an interest in settling down at that age, but his financial situation made it hard for him to think about it seriously.

"The thought of getting married would cross my mind. I would remember that I had no money, and then I'd forget it," said Mr Ng, who did not have a girlfriend then.

He also wanted to build a career. He later found a passion in repairing pianos and became a piano technician.

After years of saving up and looking for "the right one", he married Ms Catherine Tan, 33, a product manager, and they now have a one-year-old son.

Like the Ngs, more people are marrying later, the most recent marriage statistics show.

A report by the Department of Statistics Singapore released about two weeks ago said the median age at first marriage for grooms rose from 29.8 years in 2005 to 30.3 years in 2015. For brides, it rose faster from 26.9 years to 28.2 years over the same period.

Some said they delayed marriage to save as much money as possible to keep up with the high cost of living.

Mr Hariharaan Malikaffure, a sales engineer who married at 34 in 2014, said: "When you are single, it's different. When you are married, you have to save up for your future together with your spouse."

Now 36, he had spent most of his 20s finding the right career, after a failed business.

His teenage sweetheart and now wife, Ms Shamini Thilarajah-Hariharaan, 34, was also not prepared to marry 10 years ago, when Mr Hariharaan first proposed.

"I was at the peak of my career when he asked. I wanted to study further, get my bachelor's, then my master's," said the instructional designer.

Professor Wei-Jun Jean Yeung of the Department of Sociology at the National University of Singapore said the increase in people here marrying at an older age reflects a global trend - the lengthening of the transition to adulthood. This is as young adults now take longer to finish their education and they invest heavily in their careers.

But she said this trend is more pronounced in countries like Singapore, Japan and South Korea.

On the trend of women marrying at an older age, Associate Professor of Psychology at the Singapore Management University Norman Li said: "Women are now becoming more and more educated and earning increasingly more income. So, there are increasingly fewer men who meet their standards."

With women marrying later or not marrying, birth rates here have been hit, said Prof Yeung, who is also director of the Centre for Family and Population Research at NUS.

A General Household Survey released in March this year found that the proportion of single females aged between 25 and 29 rose from 54 per cent in 2010 to 63 per cent last year.

"These high late or non-marriage rates are the main reasons why the overall fertility rates in Singapore are low, so this trend warrants serious attention," he added.

For some, like founder of restaurant chain Eighteen Chefs Benny Se Teo, 56, it was not a matter of money, but a lack of time. He spent his 20s in and out of jail because of drug addiction, then spent years building his business.

He got married in 2014 to Ms Chan Mei Kam, a higher engineering officer who is now 60.

"I have no regrets. It's the nicest thing that I feel I missed out in my younger days," he said.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/no-money-no-getting-married

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
60....16+2.... what does it matter....

he found love, found a life companion, not your typical forever-alone chap

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How about no marriage.. It is the PAP agenda to want people to get married and then produce babies aka slaves for them to keep the bankrupted cpf going..

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about no marriage.. It is the PAP agenda to want people to get married and then produce babies aka slaves for them to keep the bankrupted cpf going..

These fucktards peasants genes so fugly still call themselves 'honey'? I nearly vomitted.

Want real honey just go Tiananmen for Paid ONS.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These fucktards peasants genes so fugly still call themselves 'honey'? I nearly vomitted.

Want real honey just go Tiananmen for Paid ONS.

Hahaha. Someone say honey to his piglet wife. The piglet call back dear to the pig. Honey this word needs to be used appropriately or else is a abuse.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
even ah gong with his super iq and infinite wisdom and unlimited brainpower think tank says he give up on sinkies,if u cannot get a species to mate what can u do?thinking about it only gives u a headache.

singapore has become a society where people focus on self,they no longer define themselves thru human relationships,rather thru work,career and achievements and material possessions.coolie and farmer species are unable to handle the stresses of living in a high advanced metropolitan city,as a result they introvert and isolate themselves,turn to inanimate objections,cash,goldbars and animals such as dogs to fulfill their emotional needs and wet their pussies.

Last edited:

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
this 18sgh yo ah yo guy is selling crap food, the menu is chapalang (chapuaysiao?)...a mix of coffeeshop zi char and cheap western food

Menu_Rice_PGCard.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those food look like mixed veg economic cai png dishes to me and they are charging $13 a plate?????sweet and sour fish?some funky chicken thigh with mango vomit on it???sambal prawn???

although it looks good and making me hungry i wouldnt pay more than $5 a plate.if NTUC food court come up with a cheaper alternative of 18 chefs i will go and patronise it.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the true is:

at 20 years old, man look for 20 years old girls

at 30 years old, man also look for 20 years old girls

at 40 years old, man still look for 20 years old girls

at 50 years old, man still prefer for 20 years old girls

at 60 years old, man still no change look for 20 years old girls

at 70 years old, man still insist on for 20 years old girls

at 80 years old, man prefer 20 years old nurse girls to look after him.

something in life never change for man .... swee charbo.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They conveniently left out/forget about the WOMEN’S CHARTER (CHAPTER 353).

If you have read and understand it , you will think twice about marrying in Singapore or marrying a singapore women.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I invested a lot of money into my daughter's education, tuition, piano, ballet and enrichment classes. I would expect her future boyfriend and husband to have a successful career. He has to be as capable, talented and ambitious as my daughter.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Getting married and living together with your wife actually saves money. Instead of each one living in their own place and paying 2 separate rents and household expenses, by living together, they can save money. They can also apply for a flat and don't have to worry about changing places every year or landlord rent increases or landlord asking them to leave. There are many advantages to marriage, only idiots think that will cost them more money.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I invested a lot of money into my daughter's education, tuition, piano, ballet and enrichment classes. I would expect her future boyfriend and husband to have a successful career. He has to be as capable, talented and ambitious as my daughter.

Since your daughter so capable, she does not need a man in her life.. Even if she wants to, most man will become MGTOW.. She has only mangina losers to pick from.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pray for you she bring a Black African to you. Black African black gold 黑金 lanjiao big for your daughter to bj too.

Shd include big lanjiao too?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

But your daughter will look at you, and think why does my BF have to be capable, talented and ambitious? After all, her own father has non of those traits.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Since your daughter so capable, she does not need a man in her life.. Even if she wants to, most man will become MGTOW.. She has only mangina losers to pick from.

My daughter deserves nothing but the best! Why should she settle for some loser ITE graduate or underachieving guy who can't earn at least $6000 a month?

I pray for you she bring a Black African to you. Black African black gold 黑金 lanjiao big for your daughter to bj too.

Shd include big lanjiao too?

I hope not. No niggers please! They tend to have greater tendencies for violence. Good white folk feel unsafe and worried when there are niggers in their neighbourhood.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My daughter deserves nothing but the best! Why should she settle for some loser ITE graduate or underachieving guy who can't earn at least $6000 a month?
The one who earns at least $6000 are smart enough to be MGTOW.. so your pathetic daughter can only have those loser manginas to choose from.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
60....16+2.... what does it matter....

he found love, found a life companion, not your typical forever-alone chap

so does she make lunch for him? i tot no outside cakes food and drinks allowed inside his farkup place?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this 18sgh yo ah yo guy is selling crap food, the menu is chapalang (chapuaysiao?)...a mix of coffeeshop zi char and cheap western food

http://www.][/QUOTE]

[quote="frenchbriefs, post: 2483261"]those food look like mixed veg economic cai png dishes to me and they are charging $13 a plate?????sweet and sour fish?some funky chicken thigh with mango vomit on it???sambal prawn???

although it looks good and making me hungry i wouldnt pay more than $5 a plate.if NTUC food court come up with a cheaper alternative of 18 chefs i will go and patronise it.[/QUOTE]

This chow ex druggie met Jamie Oliver once then open restaurant claims to be chef?
This one machiam I go take photo with Brock Lesnar then after I open MMA gym be trainer