• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious 80 year old Singaporean cleaner died working

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
banzai!!!!!this sinkie died doing what he loved best and surrounded by his love-work.i heard some sbfers too express the same wish of working till they die,i wish them many luck on their journey.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In case you people do not know. Some old people knew their time has came, so they bought themselve a cup of coffee for the "road".

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any idea what is the coroner going to put on the death certificate?death from overwork?kuroshi?

Infraction of the heart, due to age.....where the coroner's going to be so honest & say...."overwork, stress, overage" killed the 80 year old cleaner....must use technical term like that, " infraction of the heart"....a rose is a rose, by any other name...get it?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, don't u know our fearless leeder, founding father, transformer of sleepy fishing village to polluted city,etc also worked himself to death? He was still holding 2 jobs when he died, ok?

sure sure........... Indranee Rajah sacrificed dating doing his MP's job in MPS Tanjong Pagar GRC!
Before that it was another goon MP

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sure sure........... Indranee Rajah sacrificed dating doing his MP's job in MPS Tanjong Pagar GRC!
Before that it was another goon MP

I am "impressed" they are so hardworking, so social conscious....no wander the 70% are unconscious all the time...ha ha ha

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This person's death is senseless and sad in my opinion. Since he was 80 years old, he was borned in 1936, and survived the Japanese occupation as a young boy. I don't know if he has family or friends that should be looking after him in his old age. He should be spending the last few years of his life in relaxation, playing mahjong with friends, reading newspapers and books, playing with his grandchildren, etc. This is an ignominous death for someone who survived WW2 and the Japs. instead, he works in a hawker centre, i presume because he does not have enough money and has to support himself. If he had kids or relatives, I would have hoped that they would have given him pocket money instead of letting him work clearing dishes. I wonder how he felt when he saw all those leftover food that he had to clear from wasteful people who order too much and cannot finish their food. I wonder how he felt when he sees less and less stall owners and customers being singaporeans, as more and more FTs come in to take over the whole place. I wonder if he got insulted and verbally abused by idiot customers who thought he moved too slowly or did not clean fast enough. For such a so call successful country to have its seniors still working this sort of job is obscene. Its better for singapore to remain a sleepy little fishing village because those type of folks know how to take care of their elders. If you go to Switzerland, and look at Swiss standard, you will not find 80 years old people clearing dishes and doing these menial jobs. They are happily retired, receiving a state pension that they can live on. Fucking PAP.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, don't u know our fearless leeder, founding father, transformer of sleepy fishing village to polluted city,etc also worked himself to death? He was still holding 2 jobs when he died, ok?

He was AWOL for years at Meet the People session in Tg Pagar GRC. What job did he do?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you go to Switzerland, and look at Swiss standard, you will not find 80 years old people clearing dishes and doing these menial jobs. They are happily retired, receiving a state pension that they can live on. Fucking PAP.

No need go to Switzerland. JB also cannot see. Malaysia GOVT boleh!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This person's death is senseless and sad in my opinion. Since he was 80 years old, he was borned in 1936, and survived the Japanese occupation as a young boy. I don't know if he has family or friends that should be looking after him in his old age. He should be spending the last few years of his life in relaxation, playing mahjong with friends, reading newspapers and books, playing with his grandchildren, etc. This is an ignominous death for someone who survived WW2 and the Japs. instead, he works in a hawker centre, i presume because he does not have enough money and has to support himself. If he had kids or relatives, I would have hoped that they would have given him pocket money instead of letting him work clearing dishes. I wonder how he felt when he saw all those leftover food that he had to clear from wasteful people who order too much and cannot finish their food. I wonder how he felt when he sees less and less stall owners and customers being singaporeans, as more and more FTs come in to take over the whole place. I wonder if he got insulted and verbally abused by idiot customers who thought he moved too slowly or did not clean fast enough. For such a so call successful country to have its seniors still working this sort of job is obscene. Its better for singapore to remain a sleepy little fishing village because those type of folks know how to take care of their elders. If you go to Switzerland, and look at Swiss standard, you will not find 80 years old people clearing dishes and doing these menial jobs. They are happily retired, receiving a state pension that they can live on. Fucking PAP.

The PAP argument will be, when he was young, he didn't study hard, and as he worked himself through the years, never attended upgrading skills & is a great disappointment to them, now they have given him a starter of $500 in Skillsfuture fund & still did not use them.

Question is....what will happen to the skills future funds money, that is given to your account, is you expire? will it be transferred to your CPF & disbursed to your descendants or they will just, quietly absorbed the money.

At 80, born in 1936, should be, spending the last years of his life, with his family, & grand children if any....& may even have great-grand children...... rather than working in hawker's centre..clearing tables...though work os noble, but to work as a slave is not noble.:p

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

what u mean senseless and sad,he died of natural causes....thats how most old people die,they will complain they are feeling a little tired,go sit down in a chair or lie down in a bed somewhere and close their eyes,and never wake up again.its just his circumstances and surroundings was a little tragic thats all.

i think moments before their deaths,their hearts are simply too tired of beating,it slows down so they complain of being tired and sleepy,they sit down or lie down and the heart continues to slow down until it stops beating and they pass away.

but i agree the old man should be retired,he should spend the last few years of his life enjoying,the official retirement age should be 65 because nobody knows if u can live to ur 70s or 80s.by ur 70s half of u are dead anyway.the old fart working till his death was complete utter bullshit,he only stayed in politics for so long because hes paranoid,hes afraid to relinquish control,hes afraid things would fall apart upon his departure but looks like singapore didnt need him after his death after all.

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP Cronies have no Parents they were cloned by Familee, such their loyalty is to guard all the cuntry's wealth only for the Familee.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
"An 80 year old Singaporean elderly dish collector literally worked to death ... "

What a sad state of affairs, my heart bleeds for him and others like him.

Lament not my friend for Kharma will give justice to all. These pap exploiters of the system cannot escape the cosmic balance of Kharma. It is not if, it is a matter of time. May all be well and happy.