• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This is what Shanmugam should have posted

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a MP and a cabinet minister, it is never a bed of roses. And that applies right across the World. I wonder if Shanmugam could have provided a better post in his Facebook about the issues of the rude resident and the rats.

Here is an example of a better post. The first 2 paragraphs are his.

K Shanmugam Sc
18 hrs ·
Rude, mocking behaviour of a resident buts its the rats that we should be concerned about
--------------------------------------------------------
Public officers deal with thousands of members of the public every day, on different issues. They try their best to help. On many such occasions, they need to work with the public to help resolve municipal issues at hand. Most residents are helpful and understanding.

Recently a resident wrote to me complaining about rats. Even as the staff from the People’s Association, Town Council and Residents’ Committee tried to help, he continued to write emails peppered with sarcasm to mock them. He seemed to think that he had a right to do so.

The resident does have a valid point despite the manner that he approached us and attempted to seek redress. Rats seemed to be everywhere. It's a growing issue and the press has carried a number of articles on it recently. I am not even sure if NTUC can assure our residents that their food is safe from rats.

I could have dismissed the resident's complain as rude but the bigger issue is actually the rats and our public servants are now facing the brunt of people's anger.

I am going to reach out to the resident and explain that his conduct is not acceptable but that we will still address the rats issue.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
As a MP and a cabinet minister, it is never a bed of roses. And that applies right across the World. I wonder if Shanmugam could have provided a better post in his Facebook about the issues of the rude resident and the rats.

Here is an example of a better post. The first 2 paragraphs are his.

You know, if you are a junior officer eager to impress and careful about what you say as your promotion depends on it etc....yup that would be the ideal.

However some of these MPs and Generals have been at the very top for how long? They've been used to being praised and curry favored for how many decades? Seriously.

After a while your tolerance level just changes. This is why having a fresh change of personnel is good for any organization. It also prevents a solidification of power to the point of hedonism. Ask MINDEF about that. They should know all about it. The same goes with politicians.

The problem is the dumb Singaporeans only care about their small issues eg rats in the backyard. Yes granted it is an issue but are you going elect a government based on dirty void decks, clean corridors and working lifts?

The answer unfortunately in Singapore is yes.

There was a thread about how Singapore government rigs elections in Singapore and Singaporeans say it is ok. And someone asked can you explain how the PAP rigs elections?

Well here's how the PAP does it.

Come election time they tell the people that if they vote for them they would get flat upgrades. New lifts. New shopping centres. Clean void decks. Clean corridors. And they tell the people that if they don't vote for them they will basically not give the opposition any money to do the above. And that is how the PAP rigs elections.

I am sure the foreigners and Americans will say, that's dumb. Yeah it is. But who's the one who buys into that dumb shit? It is Singaporeans. They are the fucking dumb ones.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly it has come down to that. Moment HDB was told to transfer TCs to MPs, it screwed the country. PAP meant it to cripple the opposition who would have little resources but it has also snared their own MPs and Ministers. National agenda has switched to municipal matters.

As to the bigger picture. Democracy is about numbers. PAP realised that they only need to work on the dumb and the fence sitters and they will get the majority. Look at the UK. Any changing of boundaries works strictly on formula and that must be passed by Parliament. It is fair and no one makes any noise even sitting ministers who lose some of their more secure areas.

I don't think Singaporeans are especially dumb. The state press does no education but slants the picture shamelessly. All other agencies of the state are beholden to the PAP. I am no idea how we will ever get out of this rut.

I have therefore advocated emmigration if not for themselves but for their children from day 1.

The problem is the dumb Singaporeans only care about their small issues eg rats in the backyard. Yes granted it is an issue but are you going elect a government based on dirty void decks, clean corridors and working lifts?

The answer unfortunately in Singapore is yes.

PinkaChung

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's okay to be angry but I think it's wrong to mock at civil servants. They are people with feelings too.

One should be nice and be professional when corresponding with civil servants.

That is why it's a good idea to calm down first before writing to civil service.

They are serving the public and should be respected.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sadly it has come down to that. Moment HDB was told to transfer TCs to MPs, it screwed the country. PAP meant it to cripple the opposition who would have little resources but it has also snared their own MPs and Ministers. National agenda has switched to municipal matters.

As to the bigger picture. Democracy is about numbers. PAP realised that they only need to work on the dumb and the fence sitters and they will get the majority. Look at the UK. Any changing of boundaries works strictly on formula and that must be passed by Parliament. It is fair and no one makes any noise even sitting ministers who lose some of their more secure areas.

I don't think Singaporeans are especially dumb. The state press does no education but slants the picture shamelessly. All other agencies of the state are beholden to the PAP. I am no idea how we will ever get out of this rut.

I have therefore advocated emmigration if not for themselves but for their children from day 1.

If everyone keeps blaming the government for everything bad in the country and does not look at themselves, that's what's been happening and will continue to happen in all Asian cultures and countries.

Emigration is not an answer. You somewhat contradicted yourself when you said if the PAP targets the dumb and fence sitters they have 70% of the population and at the same time don't think Singaporeans are particularly dumb. Dumb is dumb. What's the difference between dumb and not particularly dumb?

Emigration requires more than just awareness and understanding of the problems in Singapore. It requires determination to go out of the comfort zone and take risks. Neither of which are characteristics of Singapore. And please, don't go blaming the government about that either.

All the PAP does is give the Singaporeans what they want. It is not the PAP that has done in Singapore. It is Singaporeans who have done in Singapore and asking the PAP to take the lead role in doing so.

Those Singapore who refuse to take responsibility that it is themselves who are driving Singapore into the ground are the majority and that is why things will go from bad to worse to oblivion.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Emigration is always an option if the outlook is bad. Emigrating to a 1st World country is a step forward no matter how you look at it. Our forefathers did it for a better life and I am absolutely delighted that they did it. Ask any child if they prefer to return to Singapore from these 1st World countries. The answer will be quick-fire no.

Many people or their elderly dependents do not qualify so the option is not there. Look at Arthur Lim's children, none of them are in Singapore. And he is close to the Old Man. It will be a matter of time before those who have tried to change Singapore will move on. Its does not mean they did not try.

I do agree on one thing thou. You cannot blame the govt. Take matters into your hand and carve out a future and it does not have to be in Singapore.

If everyone keeps blaming the government for everything bad in the country and does not look at themselves, that's what's been happening and will continue to happen in all Asian cultures and countries.

Emigration is not an answer. You somewhat contradicted yourself when you said if the PAP targets the dumb and fence sitters they have 70% of the population and at the same time don't think Singaporeans are particularly dumb. Dumb is dumb. What's the difference between dumb and not particularly dumb?

Emigration requires more than just awareness and understanding of the problems in Singapore. It requires determination to go out of the comfort zone and take risks. Neither of which are characteristics of Singapore. And please, don't go blaming the government about that either.

All the PAP does is give the Singaporeans what they want. It is not the PAP that has done in Singapore. It is Singaporeans who have done in Singapore and asking the PAP to take the lead role in doing so.

Those Singapore who refuse to take responsibility that it is themselves who are driving Singapore into the ground are the majority and that is why things will go from bad to worse to oblivion.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun blame govt then blame who?
Fucking pappies want to fucking control and micromanage every fuck thing....enriching themselves in the process.
Anything wrong also blame them la.
Oh ya 70% dumbfucks just as culpable. All burn in hell

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese have a saying: petty men only concern themselves with petty issues. They can't handle affairs of the state.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even a half wit knows emigrating to a 1st World country is a step forward no matter how you look at it.
I'm less than a half-wit and am glad that my wife and I are in the land of the free. I should've emigrated to the US forty years ago....but what to do, I'm a half-wit who only realizes the huge advantages of emigration when I'm over 60 years old.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun blame govt then blame who?
Fucking pappies want to fucking control and micromanage every fuck thing....enriching themselves in the process.
Anything wrong also blame them la.

You're totally right. Your gabrament led by Chief Natural Aristocrat is to blame.

Since 1965, your country has been micro-managed by the PAP continuously with no change of government. The buck stops at the desk of the person-in-charge of running your country.

As a former President of my adopted country once said, "the buck stops here."