• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jailed for attacking his former boxing coach

Vellamo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jailed for attacking his former boxing coach

[video=youtube;CCyEF3A5_zo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCyEF3A5_zo[/video]

Jul 19, 2016 9:09pm
By SHAFFIQ ALKHATIB

He used to learn how to fight from his former boxing coach. But the relationship soured and he beat up his former instructor.

A businessman was given three weeks' jail today for assaulting his former boxing coach.

Shri Sham Sudandiran, 28, pleaded guilty to voluntarily causing hurt to boxing coach Srikand Subramaniam, 48, on April 8, last year.

The two men went to Bedok Stadium to attend the Sijori (Singapore Johor Riau) Invitational Boxing Championship.

They also went to help out with logistics, as well as distribute boxing gloves.

However, a dispute broke out over the gloves.

Shri Sham's lawyer, Mr Foo Ho Chew told the court his client found out Mr Srikand had messed up some gloves which he had earlier arranged according to size.

Shri Sham then confronted his former coach about the matter.

According to the lawyer, Mr Srikand hurled vulgarities at Shri Sham and used insulting language against his mother.

The two men then left the stadium separately.

Outside, Mr Srikand tried to calm down.

Shri Sham suddenly came forward, punched Mr Srikand in the face and shouted: "Why did you scold my mum?"

The pair were able to be separated.

But shortly after, Shri Sham attacked Mr Srikand again, punching his face multiple times.

Mr Srikand suffered bruises on his face and was given a 12-day hospitalisation leave.

In court yesterday, Deputy Public Prosecutor Yvonne Poon said Shri Sham has a history of committing violent offences and was last jailed for two weeks in 2013 for using criminal force on a public servant.

For voluntarily causing hurt, he could have been jailed up to two years and fined up to $5,000.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am well aware this is racial stereotyping (racist) but after 50 years, Indians go to jail over the silliest argument. It is never about money, about woman or any of the usual highly emotive reason. Even when it is murder, it's usually done in an inebriated state over some disrespectful tone or statement. I remember during NS days there was a fight over someone mum. I thought the mum did something. Turns out that disparaging the mum for no reason leads immediately to a fight. And disparaging the father has no effect. I am still confused.