• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Kuala Lumpur to Singapore in 90 minutes by bullet-train

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't go to kl period. isis impending target. this hsr will just facilitate sg as an alternative terrorist target years from now. it has multiple heads like a hydra and never goes away. remember this post.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is taking 13 years to turn an idea into fruition and Pinky thinks that it is aggressive. By the time, we ride on that high speed train, the technology would have been an downgraded to second tier.

The deal would go to the Ah Tiongs because lots of people on both sides of the border will make piles of money with the Ah Tiongs dishing those dole out.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is taking 13 years to turn an idea into fruition and Pinky thinks that it is aggressive. By the time, we ride on that high speed train, the technology would have been an downgraded to second tier.

The deal would go to the Ah Tiongs because lots of people on both sides of the border will make piles of money with the Ah Tiongs dishing those dole out.

by then the technology that will make hsr obsolete is the hyperloop. artist impression of hyperloop over sf bay.....

image.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I want to know is who will be looking after the trains & tracks?
With the train breakdowns & the SMRT cracks fiasco I doubt a GLC can do the job. Can the Malaysians do a better job?

Speed is useless if the reliability isn't there

Just need to look at their old apartment and condos in JB with peeling paint, green moss swimming pool and you know MALAYSIAN cannot do a better job in maintenance. Many times they kpkb about poor maintenance of their estate but come to pay maintenance fees only many don't want to pay. Just like hypocrite MALAYSIAN Saw phaik hwa last time probably kpkb about MALAYSIA govt poor maintenance of road etc but herself blatantly disregard train maintenance when put in charged.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

It has been delayed from previously announced 2020(?) to now 2026 so it may be delayed again. Just like the MRT link between JB and Spore delayed from 2018(?) completion until don't know when, now still studying.

I also think so will go to China. Malaysia is a big fan of China! Just need to look at JB, how much land sold to China developers. And frankly these China developers are much higher in standard than the MALAYSIAN ones in terms of showroom, marketing and sales staff. Much bigger scale too.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't go to kl period. isis impending target. this hsr will just facilitate sg as an alternative terrorist target years from now. it has multiple heads like a hydra and never goes away. remember this post.

Go to KL for what? No jobs for Sporeans there. Only more MALAYSIANS will take HSR to Spore daily to work and earn 3x.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just need to look at their old apartment and condos in JB with peeling paint, green moss swimming pool and you know MALAYSIAN cannot do a better job in maintenance. Many times they kpkb about poor maintenance of their estate but come to pay maintenance fees only many don't want to pay. Just like hypocrite MALAYSIAN Saw phaik hwa last time probably kpkb about MALAYSIA govt poor maintenance of road etc but herself blatantly disregard train maintenance when put in charged.

mudlazians don't bother to invest a little to wash up and repaint their buildings to protect their exterior from exposure to weather and pollution. even in their so called economic star city in penang buildings are old, decrepit and have not gotten a wash and fresh coat of paint since they were first opened decades and some over a century ago. not sure if it has to do with scrimping on money or simply bochap about appearance. they just let any building go to rot, including brand new ones that crop up.

image.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be surprised when time and speed comes into the equation. When the North South Highway was built, MAS domestic network collapsed overnight. Even MAS/SIA KL -Sing lucrative route got a direct hit. Look at the European cities, including London Tube where senior politicians and VIP use it because it is so much faster and convenient. London to Liverpool by Virgin fast trains is another example.

Airport clearence, boarding, taxiing, waiting at runway etc even for VIPs with security clearence takes about 90 mins, 45 mins on each site.

Only 90 minutes. Surely many will take compared to plane, especially if seamless one stop immigration. When I was in Switzerland and it was raining non stop in Lucerne, I took 3 hour inter city train to Lugano and it's all sunshine there. Easy and hassle free travelling.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
mudlazians don't bother to invest a little to wash up and repaint their buildings to protect their exterior from exposure to weather and pollution. even in their so called economic star city in penang buildings are old, decrepit and have not gotten a wash and fresh coat of paint since they were first opened decades and some over a century ago. not sure if it has to do with scrimping on money or simply bochap about appearance. they just let any building go to rot, including brand new ones that crop up.

View attachment 27567

The answer is simple. Chow kuan. Can eat you only eat. Can don't pay only don't pay. Especially those who buy on investment and not staying in the property as barring the access cards of these people - commonly used measure - has no impact at all. I have seen some of their old condo with some govt letter pasted on the door, maybe repossessed unit, indicating the owner has not paid maintenance for years with amounts owing running into more than ten thousands, probably since day one never pay maintenance fees.

jw5

Loyal

According to Pinky, MRT lines take 12 to 15 years, so HSR taking 13 years is not bad already. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Assuming the train services is reliable & the charges are competitve, it might be a benefit to Sporeans.
Many Sporeans will be retired by then & they can take advantage of the cheaper living costs in Malaysia. They will not be limited to just JB but can look at Malacca, KL, Penang, ... These people only need to return to Spore to collect the rent.

With the way things are going downhill in Spore, the PAP might face a situation where Sporeans are abandoning Spore to go & live in Malaysia:eek:
Just look at the problems Orchard Road is having with the high rentals. You can find the same things in KL for cheaper

Malaysia also has cheaper medical care than Spore, with fewer medical staff from the 3rd world. If you live in Malaysia you don't need to pay for an expensive COE, expensive fuel, electrcity,.. etc

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will be surprised when time and speed comes into the equation. When the North South Highway was built, MAS domestic network collapsed overnight. Even MAS/SIA KL -Sing lucrative route got a direct hit. Look at the European cities, including London Tube where senior politicians and VIP use it because it is so much faster and convenient. London to Liverpool by Virgin fast trains is another example.

Airport clearence, boarding, taxiing, waiting at runway etc even for VIPs with security clearence takes about 90 mins, 45 mins on each site.

The KL-SG bullet train makes eminent sense but I suspect there was no hurry because SQ and MAS was milking this. Fares for a 45 minute flight were really exorbitant.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming the train services is reliable & the charges are competitve, it might be a benefit to Sporeans.
Many Sporeans will be retired by then & they can take advantage of the cheaper living costs in Malaysia. They will not be limited to just JB but can look at Malacca, KL, Penang, ... These people only need to return to Spore to collect the rent.

With the way things are going downhill in Spore, the PAP might face a situation where Sporeans are abandoning Spore to go & live in Malaysia:eek:
Just look at the problems Orchard Road is having with the high rentals. You can find the same things in KL for cheaper

Malaysia also has cheaper medical care than Spore, with fewer medical staff from the 3rd world. If you live in Malaysia you don't need to pay for an expensive COE, expensive fuel, electrcity,.. etc

Malaysia is surely paradise with cheap house, cheap cars, cheap medical, cheap electricity, cheap many things. The problem is the locals don't welcome Singaporean tourists and investors in JB, complaining that we jack up their prices. KL will be no different.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. If you work it right, its a good way to enjoy life. The Northern electrification rail project has already been completed So take the HSR to KL, switch to new services going to Penang. Get a nice 2 room apartment facing Tanjung Bungah. Spend couple weeks there, come back to Singapore for a few days and then go back. The cost is so much lower and the food great.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too many stops to be regarded as high speed. I doubt if it can reach top speed. Best if they use a cheaper set of trains. Present ktm trains can do 160km/ hr on new tracks. Penang from kl in 3.5 hrs. Tickets are cheap.
High speed rail tickets will be expensive.
Plus kampung boys like to throw stones at passing trains. Imagine if one hits the front screen at 300km/ hr.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysia is surely paradise with cheap house, cheap cars, cheap medical, cheap electricity, cheap many things. The problem is the locals don't welcome Singaporean tourists and investors in JB, complaining that we jack up their prices. KL will be no different.

Malaysians have been hiding in Spore for decades & I don't see why Sporeans can't do the same in Malaysia. As long as they don't see Sporeans as a threat to their rice bowl, I doubt that most Malaysians are that unfriendly.

I'm talking about Sporean retirees & not land speculators. Also there are laws in Malaysia which prevent Sporeans from speculating on real estate. I know some people who did invest in Malaysian properties but did not make much $ because of the taxes.

I've some friends in KL who are middle class & we seem to be get along ok. Have asked them if they are interested in working in Sporeans but they are doing well & are not interested in moving to Spore. I suspect that the people you usually meet in JB are the "lesser mortals" of Malaysia who are desperately looking for $:o

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysians have been hiding in Spore for decades & I don't see why Sporeans can't do the same in Malaysia. As long as they don't see Sporeans as a threat to their rice bowl, I doubt that most Malaysians are that unfriendly.

I'm talking about Sporean retirees & not land speculators. Also there are laws in Malaysia which prevent Sporeans from speculating on real estate. I know some people who did invest in Malaysian properties but did not make much $ because of the taxes.

I've some friends in KL who are middle class & we seem to be get along ok. Have asked them if they are interested in working in Sporeans but they are doing well & are not interested in moving to Spore. I suspect that the people you usually meet in JB are the "lesser mortals" of Malaysia who are desperately looking for $:o

JB have people from all over Malaysia I.e KL, Penang, Malacca, Sabah , Sarawak etc. Many are working in Spore and living in JB. But there are also many from other states working in JB. So what can happen in JB can also happen in other states and vice versa. Like my friend's mother in law neighbour in KL is also a neighbour from hell who turned his backyard into construction equipment storage place. So it all depends on your luck who is your neighbour, who you come across on the road, which taxi you take whether you meet a barbarian neighbour or robbers who will do serious harm to you.

Singaporeans have always welcome tourists and investors and we assume others will be the same as us. NO. Not true at all. Based on my experience, there are many damn bloody thick-skinned people around who have no problems taking jobs, HDB, scholarships etc in Spore for decades but come to giving - as in you PAY for house in JB etc there - they think you OWE them a BIG favour to be able to do so.

jw5

Loyal

The elites will simply hire cheap foreign "talents" to help their children run their businesses. :biggrin: