• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat US Disney employee's sad story of job displacement

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read top rated Disney employee story from his testimony to the US Senate. Sounds familiar.

http://theindependent.sg/former-disney-employee-i-was-replaced-by-a-less-skilled-foreign-it-worker/

“During the holiday season of 2014, I was sent a meeting invitation by a prominent Disney executive. With an excellent review in hand along with company announcements of record profits my mind buzzed with thoughts of a promotion or a bonus.

I walked into a small conference room with about two dozen highly respected fellow IT workers. The Disney Executive made a harsh announcement to us all.

All of you in this room will be losing your jobs in the next 90 days. Your jobs have been given over to a foreign workforce. In the meantime you will be training your replacements until your jobs are 100% transferred over to them and if you don’t cooperate you will not receive any severance pay.”

“I was completely silent during this meeting thinking how this was going to affect my coworkers, how I was going to break the news to my family and pay for all of our expenses? I would soon be living on unemployment, health care, along with other employee benefits would be gone. My coworkers and I felt extremely betrayed by Disney. They were going to simply cast us aside for their financial benefit.

Later that same day I remember very clearly going to the local church pumpkin sale and having to tell the kids that we could not buy any because my job was going over to a foreign worker.

Then I started to think what kind of American was I becoming? Was I going to become part of ruining our country by taking severance pay in exchange for training my foreign replacement? How many other American families would be affected by the same foreign worker that I trained? Sadly, I choose the money over America.

The very next week our office environment started to change dramatically. Everywhere I went, the composition of the company changed so much in the period of only a week.

The first part of the 90-day period was focused on capturing all that we did with our jobs. We all felt extremely humiliated when the foreign workers sat next to us and watched everything that we did. Everything was recorded with audio and video. Then the very next day the recordings were put down on paper and read right back to us.

We noticed that the foreign workers requested that we kept going over the same basic concepts over and over. How would they take over our jobs when they were so inexperienced and slow to grasp the basics we wondered?”

“The third and final period of the 90 days was the most disgraceful and demoralizing as we had to watch the foreign workers completely take over our jobs and come to grips that the future jobs Disney promised didn’t appear to exist. Then finally, on January 31, 2015 we were ordered to turn in our company ID badges, laptops and then ushered out the door.

How do I explain to my young children to follow their dreams and find a job that they love? I followed my dream of having a career in technology to have my very same desk, chair, and computer all taken over by a foreign worker who was just flown in to America weeks before.

We now have American IT workers being displaced by both H1-B visa holders, who are physically being flown in from foreign countries, as well as the growing use of foreign remote offshore workers. We are seeing a massive drain on job opportunities here on our own soil.

This abuse of the H1-B Visa is not about a lack of talent here in the U.S. If our own pool of IT professionals were so incompetent, then why would companies like Disney and many others have us train our replacements, spend months teaching them and also why would such a low ratio of STEM graduates from college land a STEM job? This situation at Disney is not an anomaly. This same abuse of the H1B program is happening nationwide.

How can our law makers allow this to happen to our country?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old story. Ang mohs should be grateful for all the H1B holders paying taxes contributing to Obamacare in the US. Dun be xenophobes.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old story. this was brought up in the florida primaries and part of the reason why trump trounced marco rubio in his home state. just regurgitating what was already posted here many months ago.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
old story. this was brought up in the florida primaries and part of the reason why trump trounced marco rubio in his home state. just regurgitating what was already posted here many months ago.

Hillary will make things right again. Vote Hillary to make America great again!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They should have voted for PAP, the best in the world...they will take care of these poor displace workers..& the union thief...oops! chief, will even sing them a song & will be interested in their core....he will look after them....pity!...they never voted for PAP, they have only Hilary & Trump...what a pity!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should have voted for PAP, the best in the world...they will take care of these poor displace workers..& the union thief...oops! chief, will even sing them a song & will be interested in their core....he will look after them....pity!...they never voted for PAP, they have only Hilary & Trump...what a pity!

i'm in a dev op campus now with over 696 nehs and tiongs (holding sinkie passports) on h1-b visas. h1-b visa workers provide the employer 2 distinct advantages: (1) captive workforce in the hot software job market as they can't suka suka jump ship, (2) they are "contractors" working for a contract shop owned by nehs so their cost is cheap cheap and employer is shielded from direct responsibilities for their health benefits and compensation (we pay contract shop, they treat these fob imports like coolie employees and pay them pittance, sometimes defrauding them). i've posted links on neh contractors abusing the h1-b program and not paying their "slaves" on a previous thread. they kena brought to court but only given 2-year suspensions. meanwhile they can start new contract companies. very lucrative business.