• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat things the Singapore govt will not tell you

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The world is your oyster.

The concept of perpetuity is a myth.

Your CPF is not enough for your retirement.

The govt should be the one answering to the people, not the other way round.

Not everyone will benefit from foreigners.

Future generations will not reap the same benefits as past generations.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

You don't need any government to tell you any of the above.

Anyone with half a brain can easily work it out for themselves. :rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Not easy leh ...sinkees are being programmed from kindergarten until death.

Just take CPF as an example. An individual who earned $15,000 per month would still not have enough in his CPF account for retirement because contributions are capped. The total sum after 25 years of working life would be less than a million dollars which is far less than the amount needed to retire.

Even a person who has been programmed has the ability to do basic arithmetic.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not work like that. Look at people like Daniel Goh, Paul Thambyah, Vincent Wijeyasinghe, Yeoh Lam Keong, Low Thia Kiang, Gerald Giam, Chen Show Mao and Sylvia Lim amongst others. None of these people need a dime or help from the Govt nor the CPF. They all can look after themselves. They can also be selfish and milk the system. But they did not.

They know full well that others need their help. These are the less capable and not blessed with the smarts that others got.

Not many people know this but Yeoh Lam Keong did not have to work a day in his life when he left school. He was already a millionaire. Yet his raised his family in a HDB flat and continues to live in one. There are scores of people who live in landed property who have come to know the man that are absolutely jealous of him because of what he is and what he does.

In fact without realising it you have gone done something similar when you started this forum and preached that there is a bigger world, take the risk and start your own business.

It basically boils down to a political party that is clearly enriching themselves and taking advantage of the less fortunate. The less fortunate may not necessarily be lazy and may genuinely want to pay for their keep.

Just take CPF as an example. An individual who earned $15,000 per month would still not have enough in his CPF account for retirement because contributions are capped. The total sum after 25 years of working life would be less than a million dollars which is far less than the amount needed to retire.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, are you not spamming bs of PAP?

don't realize you are doing so until you are told?

names using do not gel here many don't known them from fruits or trees.

It does not work like that. Look at people like Daniel Goh, Paul Thambyah, Vincent Wijeyasinghe, Yeoh Lam Keong, Low Thia Kiang, Gerald Giam, Chen Show Mao and Sylvia Lim amongst others. None of these people need a dime or help from the Govt nor the CPF. They all can look after themselves. They can also be selfish and milk the system. But they did not.

They know full well that others need their help. These are the less capable and not blessed with the smarts that others got.

Not many people know this but Yeoh Lam Keong did not have to work a day in his life when he left school. He was already a millionaire. Yet his raised his family in a HDB flat and continues to live in one. There are scores of people who live in landed property who have come to know the man that are absolutely jealous of him because of what he is and what he does.

In fact without realising it you have gone done something similar when you started this forum and preached that there is a bigger world, take the risk and start your own business.

It basically boils down to a political party that is clearly enriching themselves and taking advantage of the less fortunate. The less fortunate may not necessarily be lazy and may genuinely want to pay for their keep.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
CPF is a bandwagon to rid on to buy HDB asset convertible to cash. GCT has been telling Sinkies to cash out when old and buy a one room studio to retire. Live like Honkies in a 10ms2 house.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

My CPF is enough for my retirement. I hit the MS years ago and maxed out my special account. The annual interests I receive from my CPF is over $20k a year, enough for a modest retirement.

The government does answer to the people. The government has to answer tough questions through parliament and the media. If the people finds the answer to be lame and lacking in credibility, the people can easily choose to vote out the politicians and bring in a new party. Since voting is secret, there is nothing to stop sinkies from taking PAP's goodies and still voting against PAP collectively.

Not everyone benefits from hiring sinkies only. Their pay is high and their productivity is sometimes lower than foreigners. How much do you think you have to pay if you hire a sinkie maid? Are sinkie PMETs worth their value compared to their foreign counterparts who don't have to waste time in reservist, willing to work harder and take lesser salary? Some of my more horny friends tell me that getting a foreign talent whore is cheaper than a sinkie whore too.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They will not tell you a certain race is not allowed in a certain agencies whereas the pledge say a different thing.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They will not tell you a certain race is not allowed in a certain agencies whereas the pledge say a different thing.

I thought we made it clear that Malays/Muslims are not allowed because of security clearance issues. There are enough Muslims who will side with Muslims no matter what. Until they can present themselves as rational patriots, we will do what we have to do to ensure national security is not compromised. Ah Gong already made that part clear enough.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought we made it clear that Malays/Muslims are not allowed because of security clearance issues. There are enough Muslims who will side with Muslims no matter what. Until they can present themselves as rational patriots, we will do what we have to do to ensure national security is not compromised. Ah Gong already made that part clear enough.

Is it ah gong got say in front of sinkies. If yes I apologise my bad.
But then again does not tally with the national pledge also.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it ah gong got say in front of sinkies. If yes I apologise my bad.
But then again does not tally with the national pledge also.

The pledge was written by an Indian, the Anthem by a Malay, the country, "iron fisted" ran by a Chinese...go figure out the PLEDGE?

jw5

Loyal

Absolutely agree and I am with you on this. (especially the point in bold) :biggrin:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

What they will not tell you is that they screwed up, big time. But Singaporeans have only themselves to blame. The government kept saying "trust us", and we did. One should never trust any government, PAP, WP , SDP, it does not matter. Examine everything and be sceptical. They are looking out for themselves, not you.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will not tell u:
CPF is insolvent
Losses of billions in Temasick and GIC
Retrain and reskill but Very little or No jobs available for sinkees
Foreigners are allowed to work with fake qualifications and experience
Defective SMRT trains
-------------
-------------