• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious AIDS-Infected FT Lecturer Lied To MOM For Years Over HIV Status! Guess Nationality?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: A former lecturer has been charged with lying about his HIV status years ago for a chance to work in Singapore.

American psychologist Mikhy K Farrera-Brochez, who lectured in two local polytechnics, allegedly hid his HIV status to gain an Employment Pass in March 2008.

It has been reported that he set up a private practice in Singapore as a child psychologist in 2008, before taking up positions at two local polytechnics.

Channel NewsAsia understands he has also worked with the World Health Organization.

Farrera-Brochez handed in an HIV negative blood test result to the Manpower Ministry on Mar 20, 2008 for his Employment Pass (EP) application. The test had allegedly been conducted with another’s blood.

Farrera-Brochez was charged in June this year with multiple offences spanning six years, including for lying to the Manpower Ministry and the police about his HIV status, refusing to undergo a medical examination, using a forged passport and taking drugs.

Court documents allege the 31-year-old fooled the Manpower Ministry into accepting an HIV blood test result in his name twice - once in 2008 and again in 2013 - “knowing that the (test) had been conducted on another person’s blood”.

The ministry would not have granted an EP had it known Farrera-Brochez’s true HIV status, his charge sheet stated.

The psychologist has also been charged with allegedly lying to two public servants - the Controller of Work Passes in 2009 and a police officer in 2014.

In the former case, Farrera-Brochez allegedly falsely declared his HIV status on an application form for an EP; in the latter, he allegedly told the police it was his blood which was tested during a 2008 HIV blood test.

Farrera-Brochez faces another two counts for allegedly failing to submit to a medical examination at the Police Cantonment Complex - once in 2014 and again in April this year. Under the Infectious Diseases Act, a person who is suspected to be HIV-positive is required to undergo a medical examination, court documents state.

The former lecturer also faces three drug-related charges for the possession and consumption of ketamine and amphetamine in May this year, and one count for using a forged passport in 2008, bringing the total number of charges he faces to 11.

Farrera-Brochez will next appear in court on Aug 18. His lawyer could not be reached for comment.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ex-lecturer-charged-with/2960832.html

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: AIDS-Infected FT Lecturer Lied To MOM For Years Over HIV Status! Guess Nationalit

SINGAPORE: A former lecturer has been charged with lying about his HIV status years ago for a chance to work in Singapore.

American psychologist Mikhy K Farrera-Brochez, who lectured in two local polytechnics, allegedly hid his HIV status to gain an Employment Pass in March 2008.

It has been reported that he set up a private practice in Singapore as a child psychologist in 2008, before taking up positions at two local polytechnics.

Channel NewsAsia understands he has also worked with the World Health Organization.

Farrera-Brochez handed in an HIV negative blood test result to the Manpower Ministry on Mar 20, 2008 for his Employment Pass (EP) application. The test had allegedly been conducted with another’s blood.

Farrera-Brochez was charged in June this year with multiple offences spanning six years, including for lying to the Manpower Ministry and the police about his HIV status, refusing to undergo a medical examination, using a forged passport and taking drugs.

Court documents allege the 31-year-old fooled the Manpower Ministry into accepting an HIV blood test result in his name twice - once in 2008 and again in 2013 - “knowing that the (test) had been conducted on another person’s blood”.

The ministry would not have granted an EP had it known Farrera-Brochez’s true HIV status, his charge sheet stated.

The psychologist has also been charged with allegedly lying to two public servants - the Controller of Work Passes in 2009 and a police officer in 2014.

In the former case, Farrera-Brochez allegedly falsely declared his HIV status on an application form for an EP; in the latter, he allegedly told the police it was his blood which was tested during a 2008 HIV blood test.

Farrera-Brochez faces another two counts for allegedly failing to submit to a medical examination at the Police Cantonment Complex - once in 2014 and again in April this year. Under the Infectious Diseases Act, a person who is suspected to be HIV-positive is required to undergo a medical examination, court documents state.

The former lecturer also faces three drug-related charges for the possession and consumption of ketamine and amphetamine in May this year, and one count for using a forged passport in 2008, bringing the total number of charges he faces to 11.

Farrera-Brochez will next appear in court on Aug 18. His lawyer could not be reached for comment.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/ex-lecturer-charged-with/2960832.html

There must be a lot of worried women today...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: AIDS-Infected FT Lecturer Lied To MOM For Years Over HIV Status! Guess Nationalit

When he failed to cooperate and submit to the Police for a medical test in 2014, the Police must have thought that this guy is an American Caucasian and not an FT Indian and were so overwhelmed that they did nothing until 2 years later.

I won't be surprised that the first time he was called up by the Police was because MOH traced an infection from a patient to him in 2014 and when the Police did nothing, they must have traced a second infection to him recently.

Well done. We really need to train Singaporeans to handle Caucasians and foreigners and not be overwhelmed by them.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal

He didn't know he was gifted

By Bryna Sim Fri, Jan 01, 2010
The New Paper
WHEN you were 3 years old, could you read, write and speak fluently in three languages?

Mr Mikhy Brochez, who is of Jewish-Spanish descent, could - in Hebrew, Spanish and English.

Related link:
» Only 10, genius is CEO and lecturer
» World's youngest professor ever
» Boy genius, 9, has passed two 'O' levels
His gifted abilities did not stop there.

Now 25, Mr Brochez is an experienced child and educational psychologist who can converse in eight languages.

He is a lecturer at Temasek Polytechnic in two courses - Diploma in Early Childhood Studies and Diploma in Psychology Studies.

While the latter has been around for two years, the former is a new course for students joining the polytechnic from April 2010.

"I didn't know I was a gifted child initially. I also didn't know I was speaking in three different languages then," said Mr Brochez.

He simply saw his language abilities as "talking in different ways to different people", and he recalls calling Hebrew "funny talk".

In hindsight, he sees himself as a successful "laboratory rat" of his mother, Dr Teresa King, a renowned professor of child and adolescent psychology, child neurology and gifted science and mathematics education in the UK.

He said his mother tried out "many of her theories on gifted education" on him when he was young.

Not that he's complaining.

He credits her for his achievement in becoming the youngest registered psychologist in the history of the American Psychological Association.

"My mother is a really big influence in my life. I would not have made it without all her help and guidance," he said.

Mr Brochez sat for the local equivalent of the A-levels examination in the US when he was just 12. He was enrolled in Princeton University at 13.

He transferred from Princeton to Vanderbilt University in his first year, because he felt the latter offered better linguistic courses.

Major decisions

While at Vanderbilt, he had the chance to work with students with special needs, and that was when he made the decision to major not only in linguistics, but also educational psychology.

After he graduated, he continued studying and was eventually awarded two master's degrees from Vanderbilt.

One was in Developmental & Child Psychology, the other in Psychopharmacology.

After that, he dabbled in various vocations and travelled around the world.

"I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do with my life, so I explored various places and options," he said.

He knew for sure, however, that he wanted to build a career that he could call his own, without relying on any of his family members, such as his successful mother.

His adventures abroad eventually led him to Singapore.

He first came here as a tourist and to visit friends in November 2007, but ended up buying a condominium unit in the Tanjong Pagar area.

"I don't know how it happened. I just saw the place, liked it, and bought it," he said.

He moved to Singapore in January 2008, and worked as a child psychologist in private practice.

In September that year, he chanced upon a Temasek Polytechnic advertisement, seeking to hire a child psychologist.

Mr Brochez applied for the position and was hired.

Apart from teaching the new diploma course, Mr Brochez will play a key role in setting up a Child Psychology Clinic within the polytechnic, where he will provide consultancy and assessment for exceptional children.

These children can be either gifted or have severe learning disabilities.

Mr Brochez is looking forward to both these roles, as he hopes to "impart to my students the importance of understanding childhood development".

"Childhood development is not about making the child a genius, but to help children be all that they can be," he said.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal

many SPGs panicking now...

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

He didn't know he was gifted

By Bryna Sim Fri, Jan 01, 2010
The New Paper
WHEN you were 3 years old, could you read, write and speak fluently in three languages?

Mr Mikhy Brochez, who is of Jewish-Spanish descent, could - in Hebrew, Spanish and English.

Related link:
» Only 10, genius is CEO and lecturer
» World's youngest professor ever
» Boy genius, 9, has passed two 'O' levels
His gifted abilities did not stop there.

Now 25, Mr Brochez is an experienced child and educational psychologist who can converse in eight languages.

He is a lecturer at Temasek Polytechnic in two courses - Diploma in Early Childhood Studies and Diploma in Psychology Studies.

While the latter has been around for two years, the former is a new course for students joining the polytechnic from April 2010.

"I didn't know I was a gifted child initially. I also didn't know I was speaking in three different languages then," said Mr Brochez.

He simply saw his language abilities as "talking in different ways to different people", and he recalls calling Hebrew "funny talk".

In hindsight, he sees himself as a successful "laboratory rat" of his mother, Dr Teresa King, a renowned professor of child and adolescent psychology, child neurology and gifted science and mathematics education in the UK.

He said his mother tried out "many of her theories on gifted education" on him when he was young.

Not that he's complaining.

He credits her for his achievement in becoming the youngest registered psychologist in the history of the American Psychological Association.

"My mother is a really big influence in my life. I would not have made it without all her help and guidance," he said.

Mr Brochez sat for the local equivalent of the A-levels examination in the US when he was just 12. He was enrolled in Princeton University at 13.

He transferred from Princeton to Vanderbilt University in his first year, because he felt the latter offered better linguistic courses.

Major decisions

While at Vanderbilt, he had the chance to work with students with special needs, and that was when he made the decision to major not only in linguistics, but also educational psychology.

After he graduated, he continued studying and was eventually awarded two master's degrees from Vanderbilt.

One was in Developmental & Child Psychology, the other in Psychopharmacology.

After that, he dabbled in various vocations and travelled around the world.

"I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do with my life, so I explored various places and options," he said.

He knew for sure, however, that he wanted to build a career that he could call his own, without relying on any of his family members, such as his successful mother.

His adventures abroad eventually led him to Singapore.

He first came here as a tourist and to visit friends in November 2007, but ended up buying a condominium unit in the Tanjong Pagar area.

"I don't know how it happened. I just saw the place, liked it, and bought it," he said.

He moved to Singapore in January 2008, and worked as a child psychologist in private practice.

In September that year, he chanced upon a Temasek Polytechnic advertisement, seeking to hire a child psychologist.

Mr Brochez applied for the position and was hired.

Apart from teaching the new diploma course, Mr Brochez will play a key role in setting up a Child Psychology Clinic within the polytechnic, where he will provide consultancy and assessment for exceptional children.

These children can be either gifted or have severe learning disabilities.

Mr Brochez is looking forward to both these roles, as he hopes to "impart to my students the importance of understanding childhood development".

"Childhood development is not about making the child a genius, but to help children be all that they can be," he said.

Such a genius and working in a poly. Doesn't he have "Indian" all over ?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Court documents allege the 31-year-old fooled the Manpower Ministry into accepting an HIV blood test result in his name twice - once in 2008 and again in 2013l[/url]

MOM is a foolish & wayang stat board. If a Foreign Trash can easily fool this government, what hope is there for the people?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

He already was found with a forged a passport. He has crossed the threshold.

Such a genius and working in a poly. Doesn't he have "Indian" all over ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MOM is a foolish & wayang stat board. If a Foreign Trash can easily fool this government, what hope is there for the people?

There are had never been any hope for Singapore workers ever since the PAP took over the unions & the Ministry of Labour, MOL now fancier name of MOM; which is more a money making ministry than upholding the labour laws here or concern about the rights of the workers. As long as it is foreigners, that is an "invisible tag" that says, " keep your hands off"....that is why, many were able to slip through the "porous" filters used by MOM. It was made to be "porous"...any lesser, MOM will not be able to make money.

That is why, we have foreigners that cheat on their CV like the one with IDA & the current Myanmar doctor & many, many more..The government is not fooled, they just pretend they didn't see...when 'porous' filters were use in making that cup of lattle at MOM while sitting on their expensive ( long term) office chairs.

Who are the fools....the 70%.:mad:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are had never been any hope for Singapore workers ever since the PAP took over the unions & the Ministry of Labour, MOL now fancier name of MOM; which is more a money making ministry than upholding the labour laws here or concern about the rights of the workers. As long as it is foreigners, that is an "invisible tag" that says, " keep your hands off"....that is why, many were able to slip through the "porous" filters used by MOM. It was made to be "porous"...any lesser, MOM will not be able to make money.

That is why, we have foreigners that cheat on their CV like the one with IDA & the current Myanmar doctor & many, many more..The government is not fooled, they just pretend they didn't see...when 'porous' filters were use in making that cup of lattle at MOM while sitting on their expensive ( long term) office chairs.

Who are the fools....the 70%.:mad:

I somehow think you are right about them turning a blind eye. The government is really efficient in policing citizens but foreigners seem to get away with a lot. What's the signal here? I think they are trying to make up for past mistakes and wrong turns and have become truly desperate.

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

many SPGs panicking now...

...maybe should publish his name out so that all those SPG who have a hand with him should go for check up....this is serious..

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Siao liao! How many SPGs have he piak?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

This only tells how efficient are our Ministries, all must be on Auto Pilot, only when the plane crash they come running.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Singapore is getting rotten. The core has been so for a while. We are beginning to see come to the surface.

Question. How did this jerk manage to submit a blood sample using someone else's blood for the purpose of screening for HIV?

God forbid who knows whether the blood bank is also contaminated. Well I suppose don't have to worry. MOH will not release any information that would cause undue panic in Singapore. So it is still safe.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Singapore is getting rotten. The core has been so for a while. We are beginning to see come to the surface.

Question. How did this jerk manage to submit a blood sample using someone else's blood for the purpose of screening for HIV?

God forbid who knows whether the blood bank is also contaminated. Well I suppose don't have to worry. MOH will not release any information that would cause undue panic in Singapore. So it is still safe.

I submitted my doggy poo when the Dr asked for a stool sample.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

I submitted chrysanthemum tea when they asked for urine sample

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He's a good white man and Jew. Their word is their bond. A good handshake will seal the deal. On the contrary, sinkies and asiatics cannot be trusted so easily. Most of them are lying bastards!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I submitted chrysanthemum tea when they asked for urine sample

I submitted whiskey on cold days and brandy on hot days and Guinness Stout when I wanted MC.