• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat glocalme - good for travellers and don't be ripped off my singtel's monopoly

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I simply get a local SIM card in the country that I am traveling in. That is why I carry so many phones that support multi-SIM cards.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now got FaceTime, Whasapp and host of other similar apps as long as you get the overseas local sim with data you're good to go

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello, you only get the device for HKD$100 and pay $2 a day for data roaming. why do you still need to get sim card? especially good for travellers zipping here and there all over the world in a day.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hello, you only get the device for HKD$100 and pay $2 a day for data roaming. why do you still need to get sim card? especially good for travellers zipping here and there all over the world in a day.

Unlimited data?
This one machiam like that global sim thingy.
Good but with restrictions.

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont trust those must buy package payment upfront type, they are usually scams. last time i ever kana before, use only 20% then their system down and the customer support come out with cock and bull, ask u to buy another "better package"

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The reality is that most are not fortunate enough or too old to go zipping about the world :o

I'm satisfied with sticking to a few favourite countries like Indonesia, Thailand, & Malaysia. If you are going to zip around do you really need access to a phone:confused: Just let people know that you will be away & un-contactable & that if they leave a message, you will contact them as soon as you get back.

People are getting too tied up with technology. Sometimes it is good to take a break from all the gadgets.