• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat NTU/A*Star sacks FT Prof and PHD of Student revoked

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Knowing his engineering cert was worthless after all his cock ups, he turn into a matchmaker which did save him frm being disposed.

Never forgotten this "match maker" cock...who insulted the average sinktothecore with his comments..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was shocked that he bought DeliFrance for Sembawang Engineering. The Board obviously could not control him. The press never said anything and nor asked why. When he left, they sold it at a loss.

I knew his wife before they got divorced. The nicest person that you ever met. Carried on working in a minor role in a Stat Board with no airs whatsoever.

Knowing his engineering cert was worthless after all his cock ups, he turn into a matchmaker which did save him frm being disposed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Absolutely right you are doc. I remember when you expressed the strong desire to leave, many were stumped as in their mind there should be no push factors for a doctor. I am sure they must have realised it by now.

Believe me, I never ever once thought a bunch of foreigners and a supposedly educated lot can take over the management of Mandarin Gardens nor the intent of the Filipinos to conduct their national day in such a manner. I am sure nobody did.

I also remember my mum insisting that I vote for PAP. Till today I have no heart to tell that I will vote a bicycle thief first than a PAP candidate.

Scroobal, this is no surprise. 13 years ago when the forum was filled with more intellectuals I learned many things. Many of the predictions made by the group including yourself have all come true.

1) Singapore will be filled with foreigners and super crowded and will get more crowded.
2) Singaporeans will lose jobs to foreigners even the low end jobs
3) Singapore's PAP govt will run Singapore into the ground. Especially after LKY is dead
4) Singapore is a stepping stone country and this will come to fore even more in the future with the fake FTs
5) Singapore's CPF and Temasek is bankrupt (well this one almost coming true) You know they are desperate when they send Canadians to demand $58 for Medishield Life for the children of these Canadians who are not allowed to renounce citizenship till they are 21 (male and female). I mean seriously?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans, with their inferior IQ and led by an uncaring Govt, will soon be replaced by more hardy species....in the form of overseas Indians and PRC communistic Chinese.....

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I was shocked that he bought DeliFrance for Sembawang Engineering. The Board obviously could not control him. The press never said anything and nor asked why. When he left, they sold it at a loss.

I knew his wife before they got divorced. The nicest person that you ever met. Carried on working in a minor role in a Stat Board with no airs whatsoever.

Are they divorced? Wife worked at PUB right? I don't think they are divorced.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has reached a crticial and errorneous move of signing pact with india to ship all their faked-talent into Singapore by hundred of thousands..

When someone atas atas in pappies openly declared sinkie land belongs to every one, any political leader in a foreign country with half a working brain will know how and where to ship the idiots and fakers in his country to.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
No guess the nationality? How many are still around us with their fake paper quali?

For a start, go to IDA and look for the ah neh woman who got her job and shitizenship with qualification from a degree mill, which is just like buying a roll of toilet paper from the mamak shop in the island.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans, with their inferior IQ and led by an uncaring Govt, will soon be replaced by more hardy species....in the form of overseas Indians and PRC communistic Chinese.....

Pappies not exactly an uncaring Govt; they are simply too dumb to match the craftiness of all these foreign fakers and cheaters. LKY believed foreign talents are good for sinkie land but he forgot he also got foreign trash, scumbags, fakers, cheaters, criminals and the whole lot of rubbish when he opened the gates to let forigners swarm into the small island.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also remember my mum insisting that I vote for PAP.

There are still many die-hard senior natives who praised pappies sky high and insisted only pappies could make life better for sinkies. In the early days, they believed if they did not vote for pappies, their children would not get jobs in civil service or those already in civil service would get the sack if voting for oppo parties.

All these rubbish were generated by pappies porlanpars and it still persists today. My advice to all these senior natives. Open your eyes and judge the pappies on what they do to the country, and not what they say.

Currently, sinkie land is like a shit hole with foreigners/permanent residents running wild like beasts.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang Moh of course the bestest. They just need a piece of paper to rob the bank. No need knives or guns.

Those ang moh jail birds in Canada must be laughing in their cells till their balls dropped to learn that one of their countrymen could get easy cash from robbing a bank in sinkie land with just a piece of paper, no weapons, no bomb. Surely, some of them are now planning to head for sinkie land once out of jail ... where got such easy money in the world?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its pretty bad. There are number of research teams involved and its collaborative effort by researchers from NTU, NUS and A*Star. All the teams involved are entirely made up of FTs, all Indians except for one a Kiwi Doctor. Next to go is an Indian female Doctor who is an AP, got her degrees in Madras Uni and PHD here. Not a single Singaporean at all in the teams impacted, though some might have acquired citizenship. So far 3 teams embroiled in this.

The guy whose PHD has been revoked is now working in Harvard Medical School.

It shows that they use Singapore as a springboard. Obviously they look after themselves. You can get into the likes of Harvard Medical School and work there unless you had solid recommendations from their superiors who are their own countrymen. The Americans and Western countries probably thought that as they are associated with A*Star and Singapore, it must be strict, squeaky clean and high standards.

Seriously how many Singaporeans have gone on to places like Harvard on the back of our own organisations.

At our tax payer expense! Bad enough they didn't choose local in the first place!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats life for. Here is something quite coincidental. This month Philip Yeo's son was made a tenured full professor at University of California, San Diego. He runs his own lab with grants and where he is the principal investigator. Except for one Indian the majority of his team are Caucasians from the US and Europe with a small mix of orientals. He is also Adjunct Prof of NUS riding on the coat tails of Nobel Laurette Dr Sydney Brenner. Sydney Brenner was secured by his Father to do work and steer some aspect of A*Star.

And remember its was Philip Yeo who lectured a PAP MP and asked him to resign over the latter's comment that some bond holders would prefer to pay and leave. Philip Yeo was adamant that they must serve their country.

At our tax payer expense! Bad enough they didn't choose local in the first place!

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
You put it very well. Philip Yeo background is engineering and his career formative years though in policy was to drive output and productivity in the arena of manufacturing and engineering - read Ford Automobile factory where automation and numbers were key. In research especially in medicine and biological sciences, its a long germination period with dedicated and passionate individuals involved. The KPIs are totally different. His approach was to throw the kitchen sink and there would bound to be some areas of success. Old Man's daughter was the first to call it out as she was close to the discipline. And she called it out in the first year. She was proved right. Imagine the first 2 years they were literally applying for hundreds of patents. Backyard inventors do hold many patents but they are of no practical or economic value. That is the situation we are facing. The A*Star in-house patent lawyer is still there but for his own career development, he is now heading all of their corporate management and admin functions. If our patents were turning out value, he would be swamped with legal work as deals have to be struck, royalties agreed, lawsuits from other similar patent holders need to be addressed etc. So there is conveyor belt applying for patents and nothing else.

I remember one case reported in the press where the scholarship bond holder with a PHD asked to be transferred to National Arts Council to lead dancing as she had no aptitude and passion for science research. She appealed all over. She is still in A*Star waiting for her bond to finish.

What they should have done is pick niches and seed with proven researchers from other countries as catalyst. Award only post grad scholarships from proven junior researchers.

By now you see a similar pattern to how they tackled Suzhou. Go big and fail big. Old man at least revealed where we fucked up. His son will go missing and write FB articles on grassroots aunties and taking selfies with PA community activists.

they have spent billions(really billions in grants and pay) to all these shitty cheats from india and USA. Bogus Doctors and PhD are already here in thousands in hospitals, ASTAR, Biopolis etc. all these because that crap kbw and PY were very very very arrogant. I remember someone question his grand fiasco plan of pumping billions of tax payer money into genetic research hoping for results overnight when countries uin USA and europe have pumped in billions and far more dedicated workers and yet produced little. this arrogant guy said he read a small book on genetics overnight and proudly declared to the shitty times that he knows all that is to know about genes. I fell off my chair laughing. even my professor friends in USA said they have difficulty understanding gene research after 30-40 years studying it (apparently so complicated to undertant and worse than rocket science or quantum mechanic) and yet this idiot thinks he knows all just by reading a layman book overnight. The problem with this country is that too many of these civil serpents think they are mini LKY(as quoted by Ngiam Tong Dow and behaving behaving like emperors and arrogant brats. when m thier mistakes are found out years later they run away and hide like shitty mouse or give some useless excuses.
Now the worst thing is not only the loss of billions of tax payer money( ASTAR and biopolis have YET to produce world class reasech papers , (only falsified ones that my friend said have made them the laughing stock of the world), they have also let in all these fake doctors and killers from india and phillipines. now they are already in (some of them even got sinkie citizenships overnight) and it is very difficult to kick them out unless you spent millions auditing their work. for everyone caught there is at least another 100-200 who goes undetected.
hahahhaha. no wonder my friend says he never trust all these shit skins . all hot air cheats and killers.
The also made a big mistake giving out millions to useless nobel laureates and USA reaserchers like Ying husband and wife who basicallay ran back to USA after receiving millions in grants and pay and produce nothing but crap.
al these because that Khaw and yeo are too arrogant. even LKY daughter said it best when she told them off as it is nothing but throwing tax payer money into the drain.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

pls b politically correct, they sold it as a long term investment

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that you reminded me of the Ying husband and wife. This should tell us all the nature of deception and abuse that is going on in A*Star. And notice the cover up. 4 family member in a Dept of 150 staff.

A*STAR institute’s admin director worked with her husband, brother and sister-in-law
Jose Raymond
[email protected]

IT IS not uncommon to have relatives working in the same organisation, but to avoid conflicts of interest, most employers try to avoid placing them in the same department, particularly if one relative is subordinate to the other.

However, in an unusual situation at a local research institute, the husband, brother and sister-in-law of the director of administration were hired for positions that came under her purview.

The Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN), a research institute under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) umbrella, only has about 150 employees, and the fact that for the last 18 months or so, three close relatives of a senior member of the management team have been working in her division has raised some eyebrows among the staff.

The administration director’s husband was hired as the IBN’s head of facilities, while her brother was a senior officer in the IT department and his wife was a senior officer in the administration department.

In response to TODAY’s queries, A*STAR’s spokeswoman Michelle Khor said it is the agency that approves the appointment of executive directors and senior staff of its research institutes.

“Recruitment of other staff by each institute is based on job requirements, candidates’ experience and job fit. Consistent with the public sector practice, A*STAR recruits and selects candidates according to a set of criteria such as qualifications, experience, skills and personal qualities.”

She added that A*STAR’s guidelines “restrict the employment of staff with conflicting relationships including those with family relations”.

“Conflicting relations must be declared upfront and any such employment must be surfaced to the A*STAR Management for approval. A*STAR authorised the executive directors of research institutes to employ staff members at their discretion except senior scientists above a certain grade.”

She said IBN’s executive director, Professor Jackie Ying, had informed A*STAR of the employment of the husband of the director of administration, and that the husband reported directly to Prof Ying and not to his wife.

The other two relatives, Ms Khor said, were hired at a time when the IBN “experienced rapid and significant growth” at its new premise in The Biopolis.

She said: “IBN has informed A*STAR that these two hires were meant to be temporary measures to address the manpower shortage in specific departments during the transitional period. Arrangements are being made to transfer these two staff members to other A*STAR units.”

When told of the situation at IBN, various human resource directors of government statutory boards TODAY spoke to said this was “very poor” HR practice.

One HR director said: “If it was a question of having two brilliant scientists or two fantastic economists who were husband and wife in the same statutory board, then I believe there could be an exception. But the usual practice is never to have couples or relatives, report to each other.

“There will always be questions of fairness, especially when it comes to issues like appraisals for annual bonuses. Also, there could be issues of security involved if there are too many relatives working in the same statutory board.”

As an example, Singapore Airlines does not allow a husband and wife among its cabin staff to fly together. Similarly, the Singapore Police Force will not have a couple working in the same division, especially if one is superior to the other.

Asked for its stand on the matter, the Public Service Division said: “Family relations is not a factor and we have an open recruitment policy which is based on merit and candidates are selected according to criteria like qualifications, experience, skills and personal qualities.

“However, for good HR practice and to avoid possible conflict of interests, we would avoid posting married couples or family members to a unit where one officer is subordinate to the other.”
The institute’s executive director Jackie Ying said the man in question did not
report to his wife. A*STAR institute’s admin director worked with her husband, brother and sister-in-law

t
The also made a big mistake giving out millions to useless nobel laureates and USA reaserchers like Ying husband and wife who basicallay ran back to USA after receiving millions in grants and pay and produce nothing but crap.
al these because that Khaw and yeo are too arrogant. even LKY daughter said it best when she told them off as it is nothing but throwing tax payer money into the drain.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
@ scroobal and all who are consumed with jealousy

An isolated event such as the one you described in your original post doesn't mean all Ah Nehs and Ah Tiongs are cheats and rotten to the core.

Your Chief Natural Aristocrat was right and had the foresight to sign FTAs with both India and PRC and to allow citizens of these 2 countries to go to your country and work freely without encumbrances.

You should embrace these foreign talents as the pool of Sinkie intellectuals is shrinking, either by natural attrition or through emigration. Instead you rant and rile against what your Prime Ministar had done.

Please try to see things from your Prime Ministar's perspective. He definitely has Sinkies' interests at heart. You should believe him and encourage and exhort him to import more and more foreign talents from India and PRC. They're the bestest.