• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Pow Sing Chicken Rice Closed Over Food Poisoning! Still Dare To Say Closed For Reno!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
13667877_10153762040662934_6513988251605682955_o.jpg

13698072_10153762040697934_8965225410051636718_o.jpg

Authorities say Pow Sing Pte Ltd was suspended to protect consumers from public health risks, including a suspected continued source of infection in the premises, but a notice outside the 33-year-old restaurant indicates it is closed for renovations. http://bit.Iy/29vtUtP

(Photo: Alicia Tantriady)

SheRa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Pow Sing Chicken Rice Closed Over Food Poisoning! Still Dare To Say Closed For Re

"Pow Sing Chicken Rice Closed Over Food Poisoning! Still Dare To Say Closed For Reno!!"

Now if you think about it at times in our real life, how the Head moves, the tail will moves if you get what I meant. :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Pow Sing Chicken Rice Closed Over Food Poisoning! Still Dare To Say Closed For Re

its another honest mistake, nothing to see.

move on

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

........to avoid undue public panic for a non major event

"Pow Sing Chicken Rice Closed Over Food Poisoning! Still Dare To Say Closed For Reno!!"

Now if you think about it at times in our real life, how the Head moves, the tail will moves if you get what I meant. :biggrin:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

True look at the goodwood park hotel backery. No panic when many complains of food poisoning. After announcement, change name to deadwood park hotel

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

For many years I used to patronise Pow Sing until 5 years ago when I discovered that they've many PRC employees both in the restaurant and kitchen.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For many years I used to patronise Pow Sing until 5 years ago when I discovered that they've many PRC employees both in the restaurant and kitchen.

Have been eating there for years, not only their main shop, the other smaller one few doors away too. The Hylam ah lor's & ah ning, have retired & it is not easy to find replacement these days. There no no true blue Hainanese these days, the dialects have been diluted with inter-dialects etc..marriages, do the traditions are dying out & the cooking skills too.

The last few years, they stared employing PRC's not only as servers but as cooks too, resulting in the falling of standard of their food. The last time, age there was 6 months back, was about to eat there on July 7, 2016...luckily didn't...if not, would be a victim due to their "renovation"...ha ha ha ha

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I thought Pow Sing was a high-class chicken rice restaurant, just like Boon Tong Kee or Chatterbox. Now, with this food poisoning case and their covering up of the matter, my opinion of them has completely changed for the worse.

SheRa

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have been eating there for years, not only their main shop, the other smaller one few doors away too. The Hylam ah lor's & ah ning, have retired & it is not easy to find replacement these days. There no no true blue Hainanese these days, the dialects have been diluted with inter-dialects etc..marriages, do the traditions are dying out & the cooking skills too.

The last few years, they stared employing PRC's not only as servers but as cooks too, resulting in the falling of standard of their food. The last time, age there was 6 months back, was about to eat there on July 7, 2016...luckily didn't...if not, would be a victim due to their "renovation"...ha ha ha ha

Yes you are lucky, if not, you will be "renovated" by the PRC themselves.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

In sinkie land, 90% of all eateries, food stalls, restaurants and food courts are owned, run, managed, served or manned by foreigners from China, India, Vietcong land and pinoy land. If you want to boycott eateries run by PRC employees, what about those manned by the other foreigners?

It looks like native sinkies have to cook their own foods to eat at home if they wish to boycott those eateries served or manned by foreigners. Sinkie land see liao, lah.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Boycott. Famous so what. This type no food ethics type deserved to be close shop

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As a loyal customer for 33 years I can only hope they bounce back from this saga stronger and smarter.

In their defense, there is always a spate of food contamination during the hotter months like now. So hopefully they plug all the holes after the hygiene audit.

And lastly, pow sing is not hainanese. The boss is a hokkien Kia.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Since they have been suspended for hygiene breaches they have decided to do some renovations to improve things.

I see nothing wrong with that.

trump

Alfrescian
Loyal

their nonya food is quite good, is it also closed?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

their nonya food is quite good, is it also closed?

Their signature nonya chap chye, or ta kee, etc....the whole restaurant is closed dude!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought Pow Sing was a high-class chicken rice restaurant, just like Boon Tong Kee or Chatterbox. Now, with this food poisoning case and their covering up of the matter, my opinion of them has completely changed for the worse.

Is it owned by a Ah Neh, now!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Honestly the best food are those found along streets , in less than favourable sanitary environment. its the same everywhere. Otherwise just go eat hospital food.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

after renovation they can rename the eatery as "pow shit restaurant."

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As a loyal customer for 33 years I can only hope they bounce back from this saga stronger and smarter.

In their defense, there is always a spate of food contamination during the hotter months like now. So hopefully they plug all the holes after the hygiene audit.

And lastly, pow sing is not hainanese. The boss is a hokkien Kia.

They had been there longer than 33 years, next to Chartered Bank, then later Standard Chartered Bank...the persons tending the Chicken rice was Hainanese, the chief server & some servers were Hainanese & the cashier's too, if you have there 33 years. The chief server I think have retired, didn't see that person for some time, so had the cashier & many of the Hainanese working there & people think this is a Hainanese joint...... this may account for the influx of PRC, which they had employed in numbers & may have contributed to this recent outbreak.

There was another Haines Chicken Rice coffee shop at the extreme left of Pow Sing, where Citibank is today, their chicken rice was quite good too, cheaper than POW SING. Pow Sing has another shop not far from the current, they took over, I think the KFC shop.

If you have been eating there for 33 years or more, like me...in memory, have you heard of incident like this? closed by the health authorities?? no right?.....there is something wrong with NEA standards & inspections....we are seeing too many of these "food poisoning" cases.

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal

They had been there longer than 33 years, next to Chartered Bank, then later Standard Chartered Bank...the persons tending the Chicken rice was Hainanese, the chief server & some servers were Hainanese & the cashier's too, if you have there 33 years. The chief server I think have retired, didn't see that person for some time, so had the cashier & many of the Hainanese working there & people think this is a Hainanese joint...... this may account for the influx of PRC, which they had employed in numbers & may have contributed to this recent outbreak.

There was another Haines Chicken Rice coffee shop at the extreme left of Pow Sing, where Citibank is today, their chicken rice was quite good too, cheaper than POW SING. Pow Sing has another shop not far from the current, they took over, I think the KFC shop.

If you have been eating there for 33 years or more, like me...in memory, have you heard of incident like this? closed by the health authorities?? no right?.....there is something wrong with NEA standards & inspections....we are seeing too many of these "food poisoning" cases.

strange, hylam also know how to cook nonya food