• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious No More "Retirement" for Sinkie Race!

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I think that retirement age should be removed as well. Most of us will live till at least 80 years old and life expectancy may increase to 90 so there is a need to drop this mindset of completely retreating from economic activity.

Retirement does not mean doing nothing. A person in his old age may take up a lower paid job that he truly enjoy in his retirement years.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder if Tharman says things to be popular. The retirement age and wanting to retire are mutually exclusive. The first is a threshold value to trigger a series of regulatory or programme related events such as benefits such a concessionary rates for the elderly, release of retirement savings, eligibility for certain medical procedures and to protect a worker from exploitation.

Remove the retirement age and it will lead to scams such as open ended contracts.

Tommy Koh is famous for letting people hear what they want and he has never said any thing unpopular in his life even if it's the truth. So when you get Tharman and Tommy together you are bound to hear jingles bells and see snow flakes. And you have the prostitutes from the state controlled media rushing in to tie a red ribbon over it.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I wonder if Tharman says things to be popular. The retirement age and wanting to retire are mutually exclusive. The first is a threshold value to trigger a series of regulatory or programme related events such as benefits such a concessionary rates for the elderly, release of retirement savings, eligibility for certain medical procedures and to protect a worker from exploitation.

Remove the retirement age and it will lead to scams such as open ended contracts.

Tommy Koh is famous for letting people hear what they want and he has never said any thing unpopular in his life even if it's the truth. So when you get Tharman and Tommy together you are bound to hear jingles bells and see snow flakes. And you have the prostitutes from the state controlled media rushing in to tie a red ribbon over it.

Yes the two r very different things and shouldn't be connected. CPF withdrawal age should not be linked to retirement age!

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's what I said too. Really strange that government decides when a person can retire. Even my ah Kong cannot decide for me.

No worries, you can decide when you want to retire. The retirement policy is more for those who don't want to retire but will be forced to retire at the prescribed age.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I think that retirement age should be removed as well. Most of us will live till at least 80 years old and life expectancy may increase to 90 so there is a need to drop this mindset of completely retreating from economic activity.

Retirement does not mean doing nothing. A person in his old age may take up a lower paid job that he truly enjoy in his retirement years.

What kind of lower paid job that one can truly enjoy? I remember my ex colleague HR manager rejoined the company as part time HR after retirement and worked like three days a week. He left in the end as he realised salary is lower but amount of work and responsibility is the same. And get sabotage by MALAYSIAN INDIAN SPR HR exec and be the fall guy for anything. Only jiakliaobee GM post with no responsibility talk only type of jobs then can work and enjoy during retirement. Somemore can break rule to nap in the office and go off on the dot and no one below will complain.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
These 2 used to be my dark horse shining hope for singapore. One lived in New York for over 20 years, and I had hoped that his outlook on life would be more worldly and open minded. After all he experienced what it was like to live in a real democracy and saw first hand work/live quality that americans enjoy as well as the political freedom they have. the other one was arrested under the ISA and subject to interogation, and hence experienced the worse and ugly side of the PAP. Now it seems like they have been totally brainwashed, mouthing this sort of shit.

People will retire when they are well and ready to retire. It will depend on what work they can find, and what is their mental and physical health like. Just because Tommy is 78 and wants to continue working and not play golf, good for him. But if Tommy could find only a $2000 job at his age, like many sinkies do (instead of the millions $ he earns a year), I wonder if he would rather just retire?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I lost all hope in Tommy after I found out that old man consulting him on cabinet position appointments. When Tommy got his ex- staff to give his son a job, whatever respect was left was gone. Another one is Chan Heng Chee who was fierce critic of Old Man and even called him a "demigod" for his oppressive conduct in print. She even married a well known rebel. All that changed when Old man looked after her 2 brothers, one a total dud that was sent to whatever ministry that he wanted and even created a position for him in MFA. The only rebel that refused to yield was Walter Woon, stuck to his guns to very end and the years in Germany did not change him one bit.

These 2 used to be my dark horse shining hope for singapore. One lived in New York for over 20 years, and I had hoped that his outlook on life would be more worldly and open minded. After all he experienced what it was like to live in a real democracy and saw first hand work/live quality that americans enjoy as well as the political freedom they have. the other one was arrested under the ISA and subject to interogation, and hence experienced the worse and ugly side of the PAP. Now it seems like they have been totally brainwashed, mouthing this sort of shit.

People will retire when they are well and ready to retire. It will depend on what work they can find, and what is their mental and physical health like. Just because Tommy is 78 and wants to continue working and not play golf, good for him. But if Tommy could find only a $2000 job at his age, like many sinkies do (instead of the millions $ he earns a year), I wonder if he would rather just retire?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prof Koh and DPM Tharman certainly believe too much in their self-importance and personal clout; having lived the high life and still safely entrenched in their respective ivory towers looking down on creation! First and foremost, the issue of retirement is always a personal one; deeply rooted in dollars and cents (affordability) and sense and sensibility (question of timing based on state of health/sense of fulfillment) in no particular order. I am sure many Singaporeans want to retire now at the drop of a hat but cannot afford to do so because of the PAP system of government (pay and pay). No free lunch ever in Singapore! (pse don't include the free vegetarian meals at Singapore Buddhist Lodge)

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof Koh and DPM Tharman certainly believe too much in their self-importance and personal clout; having lived the high life and still safely entrenched in their respective ivory towers looking down on creation! First and foremost, the issue of retirement is always a personal one; deeply rooted in dollars and cents (affordability) and sense and sensibility (question of timing based on state of health/sense of fulfillment) in no particular order. I am sure many Singaporeans want to retire now at the drop of a hat but cannot afford to do so because of the PAP system of government (pay and pay). No free lunch ever in Singapore! (pse don't include the free vegetarian meals at Singapore Buddhist Lodge)

U can retire anytime and live on fresh air!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
U can retire anytime and live on fresh air!

No need live on fresh air. Just rent in JB like this decent looking house Rm1000 per month. Anyone up with HDB fully paid up in Spore can retire anytime. But of course depending on your luck, may meet barbarians like my barbarian MALAYSIAN CHINESE neighbours and those in JB forum and end up slandered until people call you damn bloody thick skin for nothing.

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prop...la-my&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=xmlfeed

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Successful people in their careers mostly don't want to retire. Those who want out often are those who aren't doing so well or cannot mange their time between office and personal commitments.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Successful people in their careers mostly don't want to retire. Those who want out often are those who aren't doing so well or cannot mange their time between office and personal commitments.

Success at the expense of selling body or soul is called success or not? Like MALAYSIAN MISTRESS Mandy Lieu bitch of the century. Or you grasslooter.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Success at the expense of selling body or soul is called success or not? Like MALAYSIAN MISTRESS Mandy Lieu bitch of the century.

Who the fuck is Mandy and why do you keep mentioning her? She broke your heart and ran off with a midget nigger?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who the fuck is Mandy and why do you keep mentioning her? She broke your heart and ran off with a midget nigger?

Read my thread on Shameless MALAYSIAN fox spirit to know this bitch of the century. But you won't be able to afford her on your grasslooter level of success.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck pinky

image.jpg