• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat MHA / Shanmugam in strife over Yishun murder

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, Singaporeans are still stupid enough to give them the strong mandate in the last GE so everyone deserves every single piece of shit in this country.

Anyone who is decent enough will not join the SPF, anyone who accidentally did would have left after a few years. What you have left are the lazy one who wants a decent pay with minimal work. Most don't have pride in their craft and spend most time sucking their boss balls for promotion.

If you know any SPF, CNB, SCDF, Prison officers who is fat, you know they are the fucking lazy ones.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Well, Singaporeans are still stupid enough to give them the strong mandate in the last GE so everyone deserves every single piece of shit in this country.

Anyone who is decent enough will not join the SPF, anyone who accidentally did would have left after a few years. What you have left are the lazy one who wants a decent pay with minimal work. Most don't have pride in their craft and spend most time sucking their boss balls for promotion.

If you know any SPF, CNB, SCDF, Prison officers who is fat, you know they are the fucking lazy ones.

SAF no better lah.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears to be a case of reacting to a situation. They are playing with the laws, chopping and changing as they go. I doubt logic is in play here.

As for the prostitutes, they will go back to the agencies and OKTs and cough up 40% again.

I was told this morning the besides the Benjamin Lim case, Alfred Dowell is another catalyst towards this changes. Apparently he was fined by Law Society over a something he blogged over case of a family he was representing and they lost the case. He again did it over the hanging case. Apparently there have an increase in such cases and they decided to get the sledgehammer.

He has been more vocal on Facebook recently and the extent of some of his comments have been pretty surprising - there is another side to this change of approach.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
The police are too busy victimising innocent whores trying to earn an honest living.

Try and figure out this logic :

1. Prostitution is legal.

2. Prostitutes are allowed to advertise their services.

3. Websites are not allowed to display adverts of sexual services.

4. back to 1.

2.1 Prostitutes are allowed to advertise their services in State approved media

3.1 Websites not run by SPH are not allowed to display adverts of sexual services

welcome to dystopia

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In chinese tabloit paper. Prostitute has been recalssified as "beer lady" with sexy photo to match. The recruiters or govt agencies know ways to tweak ads to avoid being seen as crook. For ie...

If company looking for certain nationalities, they ads requirements will be as such:
Need Myanmese speaker
Need Japanese speaker
Need Thai speaker

If they need female they will say the job place is a femal working environment.

If they need youngster (to avoid being ageist), the advertiser will say job place is young and vibrant workers enviornment.

If they need Ah Long runner or harrasser - ads will describe them as Credit Management profession.

You heard it right - prostitute in Singapore = Beer lady, FT messeur.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see why you left and many who left have the same views. Your only regret is not leaving much easier.

When parents ask me for advice, I generally tell them to send their kids overseas and it does not have to be a top notch University. They are surprised when I tell them to make sure the kids stays overseas to get a job. I tell them a few years overseas in a first world country will build them up and working environment would define their future and the way they think.

Well your kids will be the beneficiary of what your wife and you have decided. Kudos to you Doc.

If one pays close attention or if you have any contact with the powers that be, you will come to the conclusion that Singapore has lost her moral compass. Once the government started worshipping money and stopped serving people that was the turning point. LHL's public wish for six more billionaires to come to Singapore is significant. No talk of growing talent, import everything. He should know that a billionaire won't come here to do us favours.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have your seen the advertisements in Newpaper for massage centre?

2.1 Prostitutes are allowed to advertise their services in State approved media

3.1 Websites not run by SPH are not allowed to display adverts of sexual services

welcome to dystopia

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am aware bro. Its now difficult for EDB to attract companies over partly because of the high country cost and many countries lowering corporate tax so we have become less competitive. So the new tact is to attract high net worth individuals and small high value start-ups in numbers. The primary target is Americans mainly due to US tax laws which is quite onerous followed by even crook that wants to move his funds from Switzerland due to US and EU Sanctions biting on hidden wealth.

If one pays close attention or if you have any contact with the powers that be, you will come to the conclusion that Singapore has lost her moral compass. Once the government started worshipping money and stopped serving people that was the turning point. LHL's public wish for six more billionaires to come to Singapore is significant. No talk of growing talent, import everything. He should know that a billionaire won't come here to do us favours.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am aware bro. Its now difficult for EDB to attract companies over partly because of the high country cost and many countries lowering corporate tax so we have become less competitive. So the new tact is to attract high net worth individuals and small high value start-ups in numbers. The primary target is Americans mainly due to US tax laws which is quite onerous followed by even crook that wants to move his funds from Switzerland due to US and EU Sanctions biting on hidden wealth.

Sinkapore has nothing to offer ...for the longest time, EDB sold the country with a high-educated, cheap workforce. Now, they can't even use that has a selling point. What does sinkapore has that the other neighbouring countries cannot offer at a lower cost?

The PAP blew it with sinkapore future by sticking to a low-wage policy to sustain economic growth.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapore has nothing to offer ...for the longest time, EDB sold the country with a high-educated, cheap workforce. Now, they can't even use that has a selling point. What does sinkapore has that the other neighbouring countries cannot offer at a lower cost?

The PAP blew it with sinkapore future by sticking to a low-wage policy to sustain economic growth.

Growth is growth. Wheat or weeds, as long as grow, bonus is assured. :o

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's more. So after I rejected this death certification case, I get called up by the medical group manager saying they got feedback from SPF that I was "unhelpful".

I was told that if I continued to be unhelpful, the medical group might lose the lucrative SPF contract. In essence I was told to be more "helpful" or find another job.

This is Singapore. My experience as an SAF MO was one of the first experiences that opened my eyes to the stink in the Singapore bureaucracy. It pervades everywhere.

There are no values in Singapore anymore.

Which is why I decided I wasn't going to fight for such a shitty country and its crappy people. Singapore can burn in hell.

Other examples would be when the logistics Encik sent a storeman to see me at the medical centre. I asked him how I could help him and he just said Encik ask me to come. And he did not know why. Well neither did I. So I called Encik and he said "this fella very troublesome cause me a lot of headache. go AWOL so many time, turn up late, dun do his work. I buay tahan. Can you find some medical reason to post him out for me?"

When I said no I am not going to commit fraud, I later got a complaint to the CO that I was not "helpful".

In Singapore it is like that. If the client is paying you then you jolly do whatever makes the client happy. It doesn't matter if you have to do cheat, lie and commit fraud for the client. I learned this early in my life which is why I was determined to get out. Same with the whole medical system. When Mrs LKY got her stroke in UK and LKY criticized the NHS saying that in Singapore everyone who got a stroke would get a CT scan within 2 hours he was talking crap.

Same with CEO of SMRT. She knew that what she was hired to do was increase profits and shareholder value. Maintaining MRT trains was not going to achieve that. So screw the maintenance and hello underground malls.

It's all like that. For the sake of profits and money the main mission and objective can be neglected. The KPIs have nothing to do with maintaining good operations. It has to do with new nincompoop projects for the sake of projects. Change for the sake of change.

Singapore is just so full of shit.

Yes you have critical thinking but the bad guys will twist it to say you are critical spirit and not helpful.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
No elite has to answer for failures in sinkapore. Look at SMRT CEO ...he got his pay doubled for failures. Even after a year of more mess, his pay cut still got him earning $2 million.
That's PAP meritocracy!

The biggest one that created the problems and left the shit for others to solve is MALAYSIAN or ex MALAYSIAN saw phaik hwa. She should be charged in court for fraud in purposely not doing maintenance properly for trains.