• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat MHA / Shanmugam in strife over Yishun murder

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that everyone in MHA and Police running around about this case. Apparently suspect who is an NS man and his family made numerous reports to Police about stalking and harassment by the victim for over 2 years. The family even sought the help of their MP Shanmugam about 2 mths ago. Suspect's father even pleaded over Facebook over the lack of support and help. Finally suspect take the law into his own hands.

Lets wait for Shamugam's well known habit of providing detailed explanations. Hope its not the type of answer he gave when he told the press that the Indian family in a dispute with their PRC neighbours in a different case "voluntarily" agreed to cook curry on certain days of the week to appease the PRC complaints about curry smell.

Felt sorry for the suspect and family. Both the suspects and victims families are Eurasian Catholics and attended the same church. Suspect father is Chinese though.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/man-found-dead-at-yishun/2944408.htmlSINGAPORE: A 26-year-old man was found dead outside a unit on the sixth floor at Block 279 Yishun Street 22 on Saturday (Jul 9).

A 20-year-old male suspect was arrested in connection to the case, said the police.

The police were first alerted at 7.57pm requesting for assistance, and paramedics pronounced the man dead at 8.29pm. Police investigations are ongoing.

Channel NewsAsia understands that both men had been involved in a prior dispute, and that no weapon was used in the incident.

According to Mr Diin, 42, who lives on the fifth floor, he heard a "loud bang" at 7.45pm, but added that he did not know what happened exactly.

"I heard a very loud thumping sound. It's like something dropped onto the floor. It's a very loud sound. I thought my neighbour was moving something," Mr Diin recounted.

Mdm Tan Saik Khar, 75, who lives on the sixth floor, claimed that she had been attacked by the 26-year-old man on Wednesday night. She said he ran away after she shouted for help.

Another neighbour, Andy, 37, also said that he had started noticing the man two years ago, as he would loiter at the void deck up to four times a week. “He has never spoken to me before, but he would just stare at me and walk around the block for a few hours,” he said.

Earlier the same day, the body of a 52-year-old man was found at Geylang Lorong 23. Police said they were investigating the "unnatural death".

crazyMod

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what you get when you make lky hatchet man as law Minister.

Everyone becomes the law executioner.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the Police statement issued today. 4 fucking reports since April 2015 and they are still investigating after more than a year. Still have the audacity to issue this statement.

POLICE STATEMENT ON CASE OF UNNATURAL DEATH AT BLK 279 YISHUN STREET 22 ON 9 JULY 2016
The Police received a call on 9 July 2016 at about 7.57pm requesting for assistance at Blk 279 Yishun Street 22. Upon arrival, a 26-year-old man was found lying motionless and subsequently pronounced dead by paramedics. A 20-year-old man was arrested in connection with the case and investigations into the unnatural death are ongoing.
The deceased, a 26-year-old Singaporean male and the accused, a 20-year-old Singaporean male, had known each other for a few years.
Between April 2015 and March 2016, the accused’s mother had lodged a total of four Police reports against the deceased. Three of the reports were for alleged nuisance caused by the deceased after he had turned up at the accused’s house to look for the latter and been asked by the accused’s family to leave. The fourth report was lodged on 27 March 2016, and the Police classified that case as Outrage of Modesty (of a female) under Section 354 of the Penal Code, and was in the midst of its investigations. In the interim, the Police had interviewed the accused’s mother and also sent a letter dated 8 April 2016 to her, acknowledging an appeal made by them through the MP, Mr K Shanmugam, and confirming that the matter was under investigation. A copy of the letter is attached.
In addition, the accused’s family had also made a number of ‘999’ calls whenever the deceased had turned up at the accused’s house.
Separately, on 30 June 2015, the deceased had also lodged a Police report alleging that he had been assaulted by the accused in the vicinity of Blk 279 Yishun Street 22 on 23 June 2015. However, the deceased had also indicated that he did not wish to pursue the matter further.
The Police have been following up on the reports lodged by the parties and have been engaging both sides. Following the Police’s advice, the accused’s family had also lodged a Magistrate Complaint against the deceased. The parties had also been attending Community Court mediation proceedings since February 2016, with the last session held in May.
The Police will conduct a thorough investigation and there will be proceedings in Court, in relation to the death of the deceased. Pending the Court proceedings, everyone should refrain from commenting or speculating about the case, and what may or may not have happened. Commenting, speculating on issues, which will have to be dealt with in Court proceedings, may be sub judice.
The full and true facts will be established in Court. Once the proceedings are over, and the facts have been established, people are free to comment on the matter, the facts, including the conduct of all the parties, the investigations, and the legal process.
PUBLIC AFFAIRS DEPARTMENT
SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE
11 JULY 2016 @ 3.50PM

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blood again on police hands. Their inaction force the aggressor to take matters into his own hands.

The SPF used to be a very, 'relax' job, that is why you usually find a lot of the certain race in the force, all the do is make coffee, watch TV, play carrom, talk about football...go buy breakfast, lunch & dinner, write a few reports, answers a few calls & work till they are 45 years old & retire.

Nowadays, so busy, murder here, murder there, molest here, molest there....even robbery with no weapon, murder with no weapons & have to patrol for there are so many thefts & ah long harassment etc..

They are very busy...not inaction...they are always in the action....:biggrin: do not forget, have to put up their cutouts & place everywhere...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beh song starts killing.

Standard Operating Procedures.

This is final epitome of evolution?

What human evolution? Stalker/harassers are barbarians, spectators who enjoy the show are barbarians, all are barbarians so what evolution you talking about?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I used to do work for the SPF. Part of the work involved getting calls to certify death. It was one of those things which carried a bit of risk because you certainly don't want to miss a case of unnatural death but at the same time want to be helpful to the family.

On one such occasional I got a call from this man asking me to certify death for his dad. I asked what happened? Any history of cancer, heart disease etc? The guy says he does not know. He says he came to visit his dad and found his bad lying at the door dead. His dad lives with his educationally challenged brother. He also said that his dad was generally healthy. So I told him that I could not certify death as there was no obvious cause of death and in fact should be investigated by the police. I suggested he called SPF. He replied that he did. And the SPF officers were there and asked him to call me.

I asked to speak to the SPF officers.

"Hello? This case looks like an unnatural death. I cannot certify death. It needs to go to the coroner. Why did you ask them to call me?"

"I dunno sir. All death cases we usually ask the family to call the doctor on call. Sometimes the doctor on call will certify death then we no need write report easier for us lah. Can help or not?"

"Sorry. But does the doctor also certify death in cases like these where it might be an unnatural cause of death?"

"Sometimes also got leh. Doctor certify can collect money mah. So we try try then no need write report"

SPF buggers are lazy fellas. And I also don't condone those GPs who for the sake of money will do anything.

Singapore is land of the rubbish lah. For money will do anything. To skive can heck care about the law and doing what is needed and what is right.

Singapore stinks.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats terrible.

I used to do work for the SPF. Part of the work involved getting calls to certify death. It was one of those things which carried a bit of risk because you certainly don't want to miss a case of unnatural death but at the same time want to be helpful to the family.

On one such occasional I got a call from this man asking me to certify death for his dad. I asked what happened? Any history of cancer, heart disease etc? The guy says he does not know. He says he came to visit his dad and found his bad lying at the door dead. His dad lives with his educationally challenged brother. He also said that his dad was generally healthy. So I told him that I could not certify death as there was no obvious cause of death and in fact should be investigated by the police. I suggested he called SPF. He replied that he did. And the SPF officers were there and asked him to call me.

"Hello? This case looks like an unnatural death. I cannot certify death. It needs to go to the coroner. Why did you ask them to call me?"

"I dunno sir. All death cases we usually ask the family to call the doctor on call. Sometimes the doctor on call will certify death then we no need write report easier for us lah. Can help or not?"

"Sorry. But does the doctor also certify death in cases like these where it might be an unnatural cause of death?"

"Sometimes also got leh. Doctor certify can collect money mah. So we try try then no need write report"

SPF buggers are lazy fellas. And I also don't condone those GPs who for the sake of money will do anything.

Singapore is land of the rubbish lah. For money will do anything. To skive can heck care about the law and doing what is needed and what is right.

Singapore stinks.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Singapore stinks.

Sinkapore stinks for thinking people and people who see lives as more than work and die.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think all is no going right with SPF, CP must be answerable for their lack of professionalism on the job.

No elite has to answer for failures in sinkapore. Look at SMRT CEO ...he got his pay doubled for failures. Even after a year of more mess, his pay cut still got him earning $2 million.
That's PAP meritocracy!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Thats terrible.

There's more. So after I rejected this death certification case, I get called up by the medical group manager saying they got feedback from SPF that I was "unhelpful".

I was told that if I continued to be unhelpful, the medical group might lose the lucrative SPF contract. In essence I was told to be more "helpful" or find another job.

This is Singapore. My experience as an SAF MO was one of the first experiences that opened my eyes to the stink in the Singapore bureaucracy. It pervades everywhere.

There are no values in Singapore anymore.

Which is why I decided I wasn't going to fight for such a shitty country and its crappy people. Singapore can burn in hell.

Other examples would be when the logistics Encik sent a storeman to see me at the medical centre. I asked him how I could help him and he just said Encik ask me to come. And he did not know why. Well neither did I. So I called Encik and he said "this fella very troublesome cause me a lot of headache. go AWOL so many time, turn up late, dun do his work. I buay tahan. Can you find some medical reason to post him out for me?"

When I said no I am not going to commit fraud, I later got a complaint to the CO that I was not "helpful".

In Singapore it is like that. If the client is paying you then you jolly do whatever makes the client happy. It doesn't matter if you have to do cheat, lie and commit fraud for the client. I learned this early in my life which is why I was determined to get out. Same with the whole medical system. When Mrs LKY got her stroke in UK and LKY criticized the NHS saying that in Singapore everyone who got a stroke would get a CT scan within 2 hours he was talking crap.

Same with CEO of SMRT. She knew that what she was hired to do was increase profits and shareholder value. Maintaining MRT trains was not going to achieve that. So screw the maintenance and hello underground malls.

It's all like that. For the sake of profits and money the main mission and objective can be neglected. The KPIs have nothing to do with maintaining good operations. It has to do with new nincompoop projects for the sake of projects. Change for the sake of change.

Singapore is just so full of shit.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shanmugam on the warpath. Heard that the Police Officers handling the stalking and harassing case got a rocket yesterday for what they were not doing. Looks like more disciplinary cases on the way. It was clear case of stalking and new legislation is in place t handle it. Many stalking cases, there would be a past history between the stalker and victim, yet they treated is more as a domestic dispute and even when to the extent of asking the families to go for community mediation. even residents at the block clearly described a case of stalking with the guy frequently appearing and walking in a daze.

Dereliction of duty has led to the loss of one life and another in ruins.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Shanmugam on the warpath. Heard that the Police Officers handling the stalking and harassing case got a rocket yesterday for what they were not doing. Looks like more disciplinary cases on the way. It was clear case of stalking and new legislation is in place t handle it. Many stalking cases, there would be a past history between the stalker and victim, yet they treated is more as a domestic dispute and even when to the extent of asking the families to go for community mediation. even residents at the block clearly described a case of stalking with the guy frequently appearing and walking in a daze.

Dereliction of duty has led to the loss of one life and another in ruins.

The police are too busy victimising innocent whores trying to earn an honest living.

Try and figure out this logic :

1. Prostitution is legal.

2. Prostitutes are allowed to advertise their services.

3. Websites are not allowed to display adverts of sexual services.

4. back to 1.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see why you left and many who left have the same views. Your only regret is not leaving much easier.

When parents ask me for advice, I generally tell them to send their kids overseas and it does not have to be a top notch University. They are surprised when I tell them to make sure the kids stays overseas to get a job. I tell them a few years overseas in a first world country will build them up and working environment would define their future and the way they think.

Well your kids will be the beneficiary of what your wife and you have decided. Kudos to you Doc.

There's more. So after I rejected this death certification case, I get called up by the medical group manager saying they got feedback from SPF that I was "unhelpful".

I was told that if I continued to be unhelpful, the medical group might lose the lucrative SPF contract. In essence I was told to be more "helpful" or find another job.

This is Singapore. My experience as an SAF MO was one of the first experiences that opened my eyes to the stink in the Singapore bureaucracy. It pervades everywhere.

There are no values in Singapore anymore.

Which is why I decided I wasn't going to fight for such a shitty country and its crappy people. Singapore can burn in hell.

Other examples would be when the logistics Encik sent a storeman to see me at the medical centre. I asked him how I could help him and he just said Encik ask me to come. And he did not know why. Well neither did I. So I called Encik and he said "this fella very troublesome cause me a lot of headache. go AWOL so many time, turn up late, dun do his work. I buay tahan. Can you find some medical reason to post him out for me?"

When I said no I am not going to commit fraud, I later got a complaint to the CO that I was not "helpful".

In Singapore it is like that. If the client is paying you then you jolly do whatever makes the client happy. It doesn't matter if you have to do cheat, lie and commit fraud for the client. I learned this early in my life which is why I was determined to get out. Same with the whole medical system. When Mrs LKY got her stroke in UK and LKY criticized the NHS saying that in Singapore everyone who got a stroke would get a CT scan within 2 hours he was talking crap.

Same with CEO of SMRT. She knew that what she was hired to do was increase profits and shareholder value. Maintaining MRT trains was not going to achieve that. So screw the maintenance and hello underground malls.

It's all like that. For the sake of profits and money the main mission and objective can be neglected. The KPIs have nothing to do with maintaining good operations. It has to do with new nincompoop projects for the sake of projects. Change for the sake of change.

Singapore is just so full of shit.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess many will know how come there's a reduction in cases reported.

When one goes to make a police report, especially those cases with no injuries or deaths or clear cut criminal case, at the police station, they will try to dissuade you from filing a report, citing the threats has not happen and hence they will not take any action. If you insist of filing a report, they just go through the motion and then file the report. Through they did not dare said it, it cause them to work and add a increment to the reports filed, and that may need follow up to close it after a period of time.

Most sinkies been through NS and will know why and how these constables think.

IMO, the day that the politicians pay themselves world highest salaries by few times, as well as well rewarding their pets, without any accountability and with no real leadership that benefits the citizens, that's the day the country's soul dissipated and the country rots.

Any calls by these million-dollar salary MIW asking the citizens (whom many could not find jobs after 40 or under-employed) to work together, offer solutions, etc., I don't know what to say about them.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
young people don't want Police work, no fun and sick of seeing dead people, no future in police work.

PAP has to resort to 2 years conscript NSF boys cheap labour mainly m&ds to fill the shortage. Now you get many unsolved cases, who you vote for?

The SPF used to be a very, 'relax' job, that is why you usually find a lot of the certain race in the force, all the do is make coffee, watch TV, play carrom, talk about football...go buy breakfast, lunch & dinner, write a few reports, answers a few calls & work till they are 45 years old & retire.

Nowadays, so busy, murder here, murder there, molest here, molest there....even robbery with no weapon, murder with no weapons & have to patrol for there are so many thefts & ah long harassment etc..

They are very busy...not inaction...they are always in the action....:biggrin: do not forget, have to put up their cutouts & place everywhere...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears to be a case of reacting to a situation. They are playing with the laws, chopping and changing as they go. I doubt logic is in play here.

As for the prostitutes, they will go back to the agencies and OKTs and cough up 40% again.

I was told this morning the besides the Benjamin Lim case, Alfred Dowell is another catalyst towards this changes. Apparently he was fined by Law Society over a something he blogged over case of a family he was representing and they lost the case. He again did it over the hanging case. Apparently there have an increase in such cases and they decided to get the sledgehammer.

The police are too busy victimising innocent whores trying to earn an honest living.

Try and figure out this logic :

1. Prostitution is legal.

2. Prostitutes are allowed to advertise their services.

3. Websites are not allowed to display adverts of sexual services.

4. back to 1.