• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The inside on LTA Train Debacle Cover-up

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT still uses these bendy buses. It's actually amazing that they are still using these "old" buses. They have probably lasted all these years because they were built in Europe to European standards.

Thought they were being 'phased out' as our roads too small and narrow. Never check or test properly!! I nearly got hit by one of these buses when they r turning!

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice story, but quite a lot of salt and pepper were added.

In the same order, the earlier ones are LTA assets and the later ones are SMRT assets. The majority of those which had inferior quality were LTA assets. That's why SMRT said 2023 and LTA said 2019. They are being sent back one by one for refitting once about every 4 months, hence the drop in service level would not be obvious. The first train was already sent back in 2014.
Thanks for the info. Someone working in Jurong Port had been complaining of working in the early hours because of the arrival of shipments of new train cars which can only be unloaded and transported in the wee hours because of its size and weight. Recently he complaint that the lousy China made NEW train cars were shipped back because of defects, wasting theIr effort. In another word, it appears that they were using the opportunity to return the old trains so that the ground crew don't even know it.

It is acceptable that latent defects like impurity will only surface after sometime of usage. A common case is shattering of shower glass panel. However, it is weird that the whole process is handled with such secrecy.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night found out that a taskforce has been setup to handle this. Within a span of 36 hrs, the return date for the fixes has switched from 2023 to 2019 and back to 2023. These guys have also found out the Kawasaki like all big companies have over the years have done their own press releases to raise their profile to others customers and the numbers do not tally. So part of the taskforce responsibility to ensure that stories from Kawasaki, CSR Sifang, LTA and SMRT are consistent.

The expose from FACTwire has now gone into Mainland China in a big way in their social media.

Hopefully they will think again before sending an army general to run a shipping lines and Admiral to run land transport.

Holy shit scroobal. Your post is being shared widely on social media and other forums.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought they were being 'phased out' as our roads too small and narrow. Never check or test properly!! I nearly got hit by one of these buses when they r turning!

I sometimes ride in these bendys & I find the arrangement of the seats better than the new Mercs buses. The newer Merc buses ones have a strange hump in the back corner, one less seat for passengers.

Bendys have 3 sets of doors which are useful when the bus is packed.

I notice that they are not well maintained e.g. dirt can be seen dirt on the skirts around the areas where the bus bends, dirt in the ventilaton ducts. I've seen the same lack of care in our trains. The fact that they are still being used is a testament to the quality of these buses. Will be sorry to see them go.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The larger picture is scary...........
We got Local n F Talents who either do not know or do not give a shit esp when they are protected species like Saw PH n Des Quack

When you buy from China you are always taking a huge risk...... is such risk taking justifiable considering that lives n limbs are on the firing line. There are countless cheatings relating to food like baby milk powder, recycled oils, bamboo made from recycled chopsticks etc

In the case of cheap train, it is clear the the Al Alloy used in the bolster was smelted from Al n alloying metals from scrap metals - too much scrap affects integrity of the parent material strength. Why was no ultrasound tests done at source or inisisted upon by buying party??? Buying party earn fat pay n did nothing!! Afterall it is at the belly of the train - who the fuck look at them or expected to do so?? Does not matter even it is load bearing - hence dangerous.

In cn most plastic products are made from up t6 100 scraos........... the crooks are confident in the thought that next few months will not show up anything
And after that it is no long my biz........ too bad you trusted me (sounds like PAP after GE 2015)!!!

Why are we paying so much money in hiring totally incompetent pple in SMRT n other agencies???

Pls up my points if you agree with my exposure.........

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishy.Undertable money.Call KPMG to audit.Why must China ? Why cannot order from France or Japan ?
Minister of Transport is sleeping,must resign.Wasting Singaporean taxpayers money.

best trains made by Alstrom formerly french but now owned by GE USA

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Toilet paper is does not mean training. It is that shit kind of thinking by people who cannot think but in positions of leadership that create the fake myanmar doctors, fake indian financial experts, fake developer and engineer problem. SMRT debacle is only one of many. All mechanical and electrical projects here are seriously plagued with substandard quality. So is our software development. I am not saying that such does not occur in the howlian German and Japanese outfits. However, you need to know how far you can cheat if you need to cheat and how not to easily get caught. .....

In the 1st world if they are caught cutting corners people will be held responsible if they are exposed.
Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Spore where mistakes are swept under the carpet.

Some will miss LKY because he expected people to deliver results. Unfortunately the same system he is responsible for made it easier for the PAP to lie, cheat, ..... Sad to say but I think Malaysia & Indonesia are doing better than Spore:o

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silence is Golden............... dun rock the boat. keep my nose clean n my pay intact - other pple can DIE ... who cares??

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fishy.Undertable money.Call KPMG to audit.Why must China ? Why cannot order from France or Japan ?
Minister of Transport is sleeping,must resign.Wasting Singaporean taxpayers money.

sometimes it is lots of mei meis in Zhuhai or Macau util your bro turns blue............

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The impression that repairs are to be done under warranty is completely false. s.

I agree with you completely......... the bastards who came up with that sick excuse thought with his anus
consider the time in use, the cracks & repairability and the slow time to resolve all in stock
why fix method not divuldged? any local talent engineer can tell you how to fix the problem!!! quit the BS SMRT!!!!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The larger picture is scary...........
We got Local n F Talents who either do not know or do not give a shit esp when they are protected species like Saw PH n Des Quack

When you buy from China you are always taking a huge risk...... is such risk taking justifiable considering that lives n limbs are on the firing line. There are countless cheatings relating to food like baby milk powder, recycled oils, bamboo made from recycled chopsticks etc

In the case of cheap train, it is clear the the Al Alloy used in the bolster was smelted from Al n alloying metals from scrap metals - too much scrap affects integrity of the parent material strength. Why was no ultrasound tests done at source or inisisted upon by buying party??? Buying party earn fat pay n did nothing!! Afterall it is at the belly of the train - who the fuck look at them or expected to do so?? Does not matter even it is load bearing - hence dangerous.

In cn most plastic products are made from up t6 100 scraos........... the crooks are confident in the thought that next few months will not show up anything
And after that it is no long my biz........ too bad you trusted me (sounds like PAP after GE 2015)!!!

Why are we paying so much money in hiring totally incompetent pple in SMRT n other agencies???

Pls up my points if you agree with my exposure.........
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?230744-How-can-SMRT-Desmond-Quack-receive-over-1-million-in-performance-bonuses-WTF&highlight=SMRT+Remuneration

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leon Perera has already highlighted that this whole thing requires an explanation. So I would expect this to be raised in parliament.

Chee (SDP) has spoken up but his voice do not hold water. WP must be more vocal and effective in and out of Parliament. Low and Silva Lim must help the younger ones and not be too timid.
I believe there is much more hidden then what LTA, SMRT and SPH care to admit and reveal.

Do not stay silence after hearing the Ministers' replies - continue with counter challenges until satisfied or having shown that the replies were inadequate.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
best trains made by Alstrom formerly french but now owned by GE USA

It was quite a co-incident after I had just watched a documentary on BBC Earth on the manufacturing of trains carriages & the featured company was ALSTOM ( not Alstrom), the French company that make the best train coaches in the world. They were talking about quality, checking & customer strict standard too...for the buyer was NY Subway... Then, the news of the "midnight special" of the covert return the China Made train coaches spilled out.

I have travel often on our trains & have noticed quite often the word ALSTOM on the guard rail, as you enter the trains. Recently, I noticed something of a bit scary, this may be aged & lack of maintenance, normally I do not see this, in years of train travelling here......I noticed the train doors on the side of the train on one of the coaches I was in on the N-S Line ( SMRT), the side, which is not use for exit at that point...the train doors were shaking a bit & I could see gaps on the floor side, as the doors started to flap in & out. Normally with the rubber lining, it is flush tight with the floor..