• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The inside on LTA Train Debacle Cover-up

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LTA and the Govt have nothing to hide release of the report should be readily acceded to. There is nothing classified in it.[/QUOTE]

Will be like asking em to put a noose around their neck.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect the Aluminum impurities could have originated from the excessive use of recycled Aluminum at the foundry. All foundries will use a certain percentage of recycled Aluminum (to save costs) in their furnaces and this amount has to be controlled within its limit (in %) and verified. The excessive use of recycled Aluminum will result in poor structural and metallurgical properties in the end product.

Also, as with all foundries, a sample from each batch of casting must be submitted to their lab for analysis. So, I strongly believed that CSR Sifang must have ignored the failed analysis report and doctored another set of analysis report to make it "acceptable" to within specs. I've seen such cases myself in some of those Aluminum foundries in China.

Already well known for their unethical business characteristics of the Chinks, they will always resort to unscrupulous means of cheating to undercut their quality in every possible way, so as to have an advantage in price competitiveness.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest no one is any wiser after 4 days. LTA, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Communication and Information, SPH etc all have done a poor job of explaining themselves and some of us feel that it is actually seems to be worse than what came out initially.

We all know that the PM always disappears and remains silent when something hits the fan so this is normal. Khaw on the other hand typically will front up and depends on his subordinates to furnish him with the details. He has done this with every portfolio he has held bar none. This is first time that he has gone deadly silent. This is very unusual by his standard.

Imagine within 12 hours of UK referendum results, the PM, the DPM, the Defence Minister and Lawrence Wong took to the Internet to make their views known. 2 Ex Senior Civil servants also joined in to give their forthright views. In this case, not a single middle or senior member of the Public Service or members of the cabinet were prepared to face Singaporeans to address what is clearly a huge issue. It is indeed a huge issue as it involves public funds and the continued MRT mishaps for last 8 years calls for answers and transparency. The fact that no one wants to put his name to any of the explanations suggest that they have no confidence in what they have been told and probably need more time to get to the heart of it.

As this is now a national issue, and since they can't explain themselves it best to release the reports.

It will be really sad if they let time pass and let things get buried and forgotten like the call to identify those responsible for the Hep C deaths.

Will be like asking em to put a noose around their neck.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest no one is any wiser after 4 days. LTA, Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Communication and Information, SPH etc all have done a poor job of explaining themselves and some of us feel that it is actually seems to be worse than what came out initially.

We all know that the PM always disappears and remains silent when something hits the fan so this is normal. Khaw on the other hand typically will front up and depends on his subordinates to furnish him with the details. He has done this with every portfolio he has held bar none. This is first time that he has gone deadly silent. This is very unusual by his standard.

Imagine within 12 hours of UK referendum results, the PM, the DPM, the Defence Minister and Lawrence Wong took to the Internet to make their views known. 2 Ex Senior Civil servants also joined in to give their forthright views. In this case, not a single middle or senior member of the Public Service or members of the cabinet were prepared to face Singaporeans to address what is clearly a huge issue. It is indeed a huge issue as it involves public funds and the continued MRT mishaps for last 8 years calls for answers and transparency. The fact that no one wants to put his name to any of the explanations suggest that they have no confidence in what they have been told and probably need more time to get to the heart of it.

As this is now a national issue, and since they can't explain themselves it best to release the reports.

It will be really sad if they let time pass and let things get buried and forgotten like the call to identify those responsible for the Hep C deaths.

No matter how they explain themselves now, it seems nobody is in charge. Nobody around to call a cabinet meeting , or all resting from their labours by taking Hari Raya leave ?
As for Khaw, that sanctimonious whiter than white man, if this was something that had the slightest taint of the Worker's Party, he would be tarring them while proclaiming his virtue from the rooftops. How do they dare show their sorry faces after this ?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can write into the contract to have independent quality control stationed at the production plant during the construction. Or to regularly inspect the production line, or you can station your own engineers on your own payroll to be there too. But the best thing to do is thoroughly inspect it before acceptance. In this case, because the issue is with the aluminum alloy, it may not be possible to detect it anyway unless u did metallurgical tests on it.

It is normal to station own QC on site
Many companies do it esp when the production orders are large and they are continuous........

The tests to use are ultrasonic or dye penetration.

As said the smelting is not done properly as the de-gassing must be done well else air bubbles in molten alloy become porosity; also impurities must be fluxed well and be removed when floating up as slag etc else strength of parent material will be compromised. The Tiong philosophy is to sell cheap, so catch me if you can........ I cannot survive if I dun cut corners. If problems surfaced months or years later, it is your bad luck, my fortune!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It appears to me that they are very busy behind the scenes, and will be making an announcement soon. My understanding is that the situation has gotten so bad because not only is it shown that they :

1) Bought defective trains and apparently did not due diligence,
2) They also did not go with the low bidder, and
3) They tried to cover it up when there were apparent safety issues due to structural cracks,
4) They appeared to have paid much more for the trains then other customers in the world,

Right now, they are negotiating the fall guy. They have to chop a head off and are busy negtiating which one it will be. The main candidates for the demotion are Khaw, Quek, Chew, and non of them want to go peacefully. Once one of them has been arrowed to take the bullet, then negotiations have to be conducted as to how much compensation they will receive and where will their new post be and how much will they earn at the new position. This is what is taking so long.

Khaw is pretty much teflon at this point, as he is a long time minister in big portfolios. Even though he fucked up everyone of them in the past, they cannot get rid of him, because that would mean the second change in transport minister in only 2 years. So for appearances sake, they will leave him there.

Dessie the Quack is the most logical fall guy, but his is the prominent face of the SMRT org, and it might actually save his ass. If he is to be fired, then his entourage from the SAF has to go to. He announced when he joined SMRT that he was bringing 4 ex RSAF jackass with him. If he is fired, then it also means that the PAP has admitted scholar generals and their minions are not suited to run GLCs. The fall out among the SAF scholar system might be huge as their iron rice bowl is now not guaranteed.

In my mind, Chew Men Leong will take the fall. Since he left the SAF in 2011, he has been moved rapidly through so many stat boards and GLCs, his head must be spinning. Although this whole mess is not of his making, he is the least prominent of the 3 monkeys mentioned above. I expect him to be re-assigned to another position soon. After he left SAF, he was CEO PUB, then BOD of Jurong Port, then CEO of EWIDC, Chairman of PUB Consultants, plus at least 2 other appointments. Moving him on will just seem like another super short temporary stay as with his other prior appointments.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
It is normal to station own QC on site
Many companies do it esp when the production orders are large and they are continuous........

The tests to use are ultrasonic or dye penetration.

As said the smelting is not done properly as the de-gassing must be done well else air bubbles in molten alloy become porosity; also impurities must be fluxed well and be removed when floating up as slag etc else strength of parent material will be compromised. The Tiong philosophy is to sell cheap, so catch me if you can........ I cannot survive if I dun cut corners. If problems surfaced months or years later, it is your bad luck, my fortune!!

Yes, so apparently LTA did not station anyone or that person was bought off. The Tiong philosophy is that its not a crime unless I get caught. Otherwise, can do anything.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears to me that they are very busy behind the scenes, and will be making an announcement soon. My understanding is that the situation has gotten so bad because not only is it shown that they :

3) They tried to cover it up when there were apparent safety issues due to structural cracks,
4) They appeared to have paid much more for the trains then other customers in the world,

Right now, they are negotiating the fall guy. They have to chop a head off and are busy negtiating which one it will be. The main candidates for the demotion are Khaw, Quek, Chew, and non of them want to go peacefully. Once one of them has been arrowed to take the bullet, then negotiations have to be conducted as to how much compensation they will receive and where will their new post be and how much will they earn at the new position. This is what is taking so long.

Khaw is pretty much teflon at this point, as he is a long time minister in big portfolios. Even though he fucked up everyone of them in the past, they cannot get rid of him, because that would mean the second change in transport minister in only 2 years. So for appearances sake, they will leave him there.

Dessie the Quack is the most logical fall guy, but his is the prominent face of the SMRT org, and it might actually save his ass. If he is to be fired, then his entourage from the SAF has to go to. He announced when he joined SMRT that he was bringing 4 ex RSAF jackass with him. If he is fired, then it also means that the PAP has admitted scholar generals and their minions are not suited to run GLCs. The fall out among the SAF scholar system might be huge as their iron rice bowl is now not guaranteed.

In my mind, Chew Men Leong will take the fall. Since he left the SAF in 2011, he has been moved rapidly through so many stat boards and GLCs, his head must be spinning. Although this whole mess is not of his making, he is the least prominent of the 3 monkeys mentioned above. I expect him to be re-assigned to another position soon. After he left SAF, he was CEO PUB, then BOD of Jurong Port, then CEO of EWIDC, Chairman of PUB Consultants, plus at least 2 other appointments. Moving him on will just seem like another super short temporary stay as with his other prior appointments.

Stupid sinkies now beside known for buy high sell low for investment also buy high get lousy for trains.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, heads will roll but it will be done very quietly.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't bs and critized Chinese again.

Ever used (or never before) used made in Europe or British equipment or products before?

There was this UK MNC copier maker that put together a shit model which they calmed were designed by European engineers. What a shit load of problem copier which within 1 year were scraped and replaced with Jap models.

I suspect the Aluminum impurities could have originated from the excessive use of recycled Aluminum at the foundry. All foundries will use a certain percentage of recycled Aluminum (to save costs) in their furnaces and this amount has to be controlled within its limit (in %) and verified. The excessive use of recycled Aluminum will result in poor structural and metallurgical properties in the end product.

Also, as with all foundries, a sample from each batch of casting must be submitted to their lab for analysis. So, I strongly believed that CSR Sifang must have ignored the failed analysis report and doctored another set of analysis report to make it "acceptable" to within specs. I've seen such cases myself in some of those Aluminum foundries in China.

Already well known for their unethical business characteristics of the Chinks, they will always resort to unscrupulous means of cheating to undercut their quality in every possible way, so as to have an advantage in price competitiveness.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
$8 cow dung will come out to defend his milestone and tell you with crocodile tears and on his bent knees that this is a honest mistake, move on and faint with anal koh giving him mouth to mouth frenching and then SCDF will be at the doorstep in under 30s and get praise for the rapid and speed response before sending him to SGH for anther fake stroke patient.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another update

Notice that Minister Transport Khaw Boon Wan has been exceptionally quiet. This is the man also came to the fore when he began his political career in MOH, Min of national development and then Transport. Remember he was critical of cluster pricing in MOH, then made critical comments about housing, commented about Brompton bikes etc.

This is the first time he has not spoken. Its the 3rd day. Word is that he has no confidence on briefing given to him over there the last 2 days. He wants more explanations and does not want to face another blowback.

He got no balls to Hari Kiri!

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As Kompass has so clearly stated with no one daring to sue, Lee had 50 billion USD as Ka Shing has also said that there is another Lee on the other side who is the richest man in Asia. Lee in the 60s was prepared to run to his vast accumulated properties today in Australia during Konfrontasi. Do you expect the son to be any different?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't bs and critized Chinese again.

Ever used (or never before) used made in Europe or British equipment or products before?

There was this UK MNC copier maker that put together a shit model which they calmed were designed by European engineers. What a shit load of problem copier which within 1 year were scraped and replaced with Jap models.

Don't criticize others we cannot even make kao sai.Our leaders are so lousy. Talk oso softer, poorer than others. Everything cannot make it.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is excellent. Trains get replaced without much disruptions to regular daily operations. Kudos to the PAP for handling the situation well. :smile: