• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat History, does it repeat itself?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Political and military alliances dominated much of our known history for now, what have we learnt? From treaties and armistice to every battles and struggles, I think we've learnt nothing much and we're allowing history to repeat itself.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
europeans forget history and refuse to learn that muslims had been having age old desires to conquer all of europe for millennia.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2nd siege of vienna in 1683......it took a combined european army to defeat the mudderfuggers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vienna

image.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political and military alliances dominated much of our known history for now, what have we learnt? From treaties and armistice to every battles and struggles, I think we've learnt nothing much and we're allowing history to repeat itself.

That's becos new barbarians are always born stepping on others. So history will repeat itself. You need to have gunpower to protect against barbarians who are younger and numerous against you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's becos new barbarians are always born stepping on others. So history will repeat itself. You need to have gunpower to protect against barbarians who are younger and numerous against you.

i like a woman who worships the barrel of not one but two guns.

image.jpg

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes. Because the limitation is in the vessel itself - being human.

While we can build machines and algorithms to leverage our ability to see further than would have been humanly possible for thousands and millions of human life times, the design of human being is its limitation. Someone will fuck up the technology to gain power and fame. Problem is the tools we invent amplify both ways. Difference from today and the past is then deaths were by chopping and slashing. Today, we press a button and we could wipe everything out. Humans are maybe the limiting virus to a better future for Mother Earth.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
human behaviour is predictable, that's why we have statistics. but history is no solid proof of recurrence as in financial market. this is what i know, hope to exchange with what you guys think.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Because the limitation is in the vessel itself - being human.

While we can build machines and algorithms to leverage our ability to see further than would have been humanly possible for thousands and millions of human life times, the design of human being is its limitation. Someone will fuck up the technology to gain power and fame. Problem is the tools we invent amplify both ways. Difference from today and the past is then deaths were by chopping and slashing. Today, we press a button and we could wipe everything out. Humans are maybe the limiting virus to a better future for Mother Earth.

So u say we should transcend the human mind,abandon the human body.become one with the stars and photon energy and dark matter and light spectrum.then come back as a advanced lifeform and serve the backwards human race.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So u say we should transcend the human mind,abandon the human body.become one with the stars and photon energy and dark matter and light spectrum.then come back as a advanced lifeform and serve the backwards human race.

You bloody read my mind. No need to wait for the age of Babylon Five.

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal

Intelligent and wealthy people create their own destiny. We don't care what govt or what country we are in. Anywhere we go, we can strike it big. If you can't understand that obviously you aren't made out of the same stuff we are and won't achieve our success.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
europeans forget history and refuse to learn that muslims had been having age old desires to conquer all of europe for millennia.

You need to thank the liberals and supporters of hillary. Anyone who points this out gets labelled as racist, nazi, bigoted or a Trump.

jw5

Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. History repeats itself. :wink:

2. The concept of perpetuity is a myth. :biggrin: