• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Guess the religion: Gunmen hold foreigners and locals hostage in restaurant

scroobye

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rant-in-diplomatic-quarter-of-bangladeshi-ca/

Live
Dhaka army official says 20 killed in 'Isil' attack on restaurant after commandos rescue 13 hostages

Attackers take hostages at Dhaka restaurant Play! 00:39

Harriet Alexander Andrew Marszal, Dhaka Chris Graham

2 July 2016 • 8:45am

Six to eight gunmen have attacked popular restaurant in Dhaka
Attackers held about 20-30 hostages, including foreigners
13 hostages freed as commandos storm restaurant
20 killed in attack
Islamic State claim responsibility
Attackers carrying swords and crude bombs, says manager

Bangladeshi police stormed a restaurant in the capital Dhaka and rescued up to 13 hostages on Saturday after an attack claimed by Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil)reportedly killed 20 people.

Gunmen attacked the upscale cafe in the diplomatic area of Dhaka late on Friday and had been holding about 20 hostages, including foreigners, before police poured into the building to try to free those stuck inside.

A police officer at the scene said that when security forces tried to enter the premises at the beginning of the siege they met a hail of bullets and grenades. At least six militants were killed in the operation, while two police officers died.

The raid to free the hostages began at 7.40am local time, around 10 hours after the siege began. The gunfire stopped about 45 minutes later.
Eyewitness captures dramatic Dhaka bakery raid on camera Play! 00:55

Italian and Japanese citizens were reported to be among those held hostage.
An army vehicle at the scene of the attack in Dhaka.
An army vehicle at the scene of the attack in Dhaka. Credit: AP

Earlier one suspected attacker was reportedly injured, arrested and taken to hospital.

Two policemen were killed by gunfire that erupted as police surrounded the Holey Artisan Bakery restaurant in the upmarket Gulshan area.

The affluent suburb of Gulshan is popular with expats and Westerners.

Sumon Reza, an employee of the restaurant who witnessed the attack, escape, told Bangladeshi media the assailants had taken hostages and shouted “Allahu Akbar” before detonating explosive devices.
An injured man is taken away from the scene in Dhaka.
An injured man is taken away from the scene in Dhaka. Credit: AP

He told the Daily Star website: “They blasted several crude bombs causing wide-scale panic among everyone. I managed to flee during this confusion,” he said. “They came armed with pistols, swords and bombs.”

Bangladesh has seen a series of attacks recently, mostly using machetes, targeting bloggers, atheists and religious minorities.

James Moriarty, former US ambassador to Bangladesh, described the area as “the epicentre of the entire country,” surrounded by residential compounds and embassies.

He told CNN: “Because of the time of evening, and in Ramadan, a lot of people would be out on the street with family and friends.

“It tells me that they are trying to create a high profile incident to drive home the message that they can attack any time, anywhere.”

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i must say islam and terrorism is winning this war......george bush said back in 2002 mission accomplished,war on terror over.fast forward today with the rise of ISIS,2 massacres in US 2 massacres in france,1 in germany,1 in belgium in the past three years......

when is USA going to come out and admit the war on terror is a huge failure?thanks alot for opening the pandora's box.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i must say islam and terrorism is winning this war......george bush said back in 2002 mission accomplished,war on terror over.fast forward today with the rise of ISIS,2 massacres in US 2 massacres in france,1 in germany,1 in belgium in the past three years......

when is USA going to come out and admit the war on terror is a huge failure?thanks alot for opening the pandora's box.

If the USA admits the war on terror was conducted wrongly all these years, then it means that Trump's suggestion to ban Muslims might be the only real way to stop Islamic terrorism. No credible leftist and liberal is going to agree with such a draconian policy. However, I have on good authority that such a ban has already been in place for years in several countries, just that it is done quietly without fanfare. Japan is a good example.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the USA admits the war on terror was conducted wrongly all these years, then it means that Trump's suggestion to ban Muslims might be the only real way to stop Islamic terrorism. No credible leftist and liberal is going to agree with such a draconian policy. However, I have on good authority that such a ban has already been in place for years in several countries, just that it is done quietly without fanfare. Japan is a good example.

it just shows that whatever solution u implement now is pointless and futile,before US's military aggression against the islamic world in the 90s and 00s,theres roughly 2 billion muslims on this planet,we could safely say that these 2 billion muslims were moderate that was more or less benign or inactive like arse loong's cancer cells.now extremism is on the rise,anyone of these 2 billion previously moderate muslim could now suddenly answer the call of islam and go on a rampage shooting spree.even ur muslim neighbour next door that uv known for fifteen years could be the next jihadi john.instead of cracking down on terrorists and terror organisations,american created countless of off shoots and off springs,and essentially turned 2 billion people into one giant terror organisation.it is estimated the number of terror attacks and incidence rose by 65 times since 9/11.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
it just shows that whatever solution u implement now is pointless and futile,before US's military aggression against the islamic world in the 90s and 00s,theres roughly 2 billion muslims on this planet,we could safely say that these 2 billion muslims were moderate that was more or less benign or inactive like arse loong's cancer cells.now extremism is on the rise,anyone of these 2 billion previously moderate muslim could now suddenly answer the call of islam and go on a rampage shooting spree.even ur muslim neighbour next door that uv known for fifteen years could be the next jihadi john.instead of cracking down on terrorists and terror organisations,american created countless of off shoots and off springs,and essentially turned 2 billion people into one giant terror organisation.

I am not sure if there are close to 2 billion Muslims, let alone if most of them are moderate and benign. I think on paper, there are only about 1.2 billion of them, lesser than the number of Christians or chinks.

Most Muslims I know do not believe that ISIS or Al-Qaeda are Muslim groups because these groups have started to branch off into slaughtering sunni Muslims, instead of Americans, Jews, Christians, Shia Muslims and other non-Muslims.

Many Muslims I know don't think it is wrong have some sort of apartheid system where non-Muslims are 2nd class citizens. It encourages these kafirs to convert to Islam eventually. ISIS is just too impatient by slaughtering them if they refuse to recant.

Many Muslims I know think ISIS stands for Israeli Secret Service or something like that, and that Israel was behind 911 and a dozen other terrorist attacks blamed on ISIS or Al Qaeda. Some even say Osama bin Laden was a fictitious character.

Practically all the Muslims I know wish for Israel to be destroyed. They often cite human rights abuses by Israel and at the same time, seem pretty supportive of human right abuses perpetuated by other Muslims. More Arabs and Sunni Muslims died at the hands of other Sunnis, but Muslims seem okay with it. They only are not okay with Israel, Christians and non-Muslims slaughtering Muslims.

The point is simple. The current policy of pursuing Islamic terrorists has not worked even though most say it does. Our Ah Gong was right about Islam from the start. Ah Gong is the best. If only he had the chance to run the UN instead of just puny Singapore. But we must learn to be grateful for small blessings. Otherwise, we could end up like some poor failed state that is obsessed with shariah law.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not sure if there are close to 2 billion Muslims, let alone if most of them are moderate and benign. I think on paper, there are only about 1.2 billion of them, lesser than the number of Christians or chinks.

Most Muslims I know do not believe that ISIS or Al-Qaeda are Muslim groups because these groups have started to branch off into slaughtering sunni Muslims, instead of Americans, Jews, Christians, Shia Muslims and other non-Muslims.

Many Muslims I know don't think it is wrong have some sort of apartheid system where non-Muslims are 2nd class citizens. It encourages these kafirs to convert to Islam eventually. ISIS is just too impatient by slaughtering them if they refuse to recant.

Many Muslims I know think ISIS stands for Israeli Secret Service or something like that, and that Israel was behind 911 and a dozen other terrorist attacks blamed on ISIS or Al Qaeda. Some even say Osama bin Laden was a fictitious character.

Practically all the Muslims I know wish for Israel to be destroyed. They often cite human rights abuses by Israel and at the same time, seem pretty supportive of human right abuses perpetuated by other Muslims. More Arabs and Sunni Muslims died at the hands of other Sunnis, but Muslims seem okay with it. They only are not okay with Israel, Christians and non-Muslims slaughtering Muslims.

The point is simple. The current policy of pursuing Islamic terrorists has not worked even though most say it does. Our Ah Gong was right about Islam from the start. Ah Gong is the best. If only he had the chance to run the UN instead of just puny Singapore. But we must learn to be grateful for small blessings. Otherwise, we could end up like some poor failed state that is obsessed with shariah law.

ok good justifications,whatever justifications u come up with to account for what u did to them,they too can come up with a whole bunch of justifications for their actions,remember the death toll of the muslims have always far outnumbered the jews and whites at any point of time,im not going to weep for them because the jews and anglos started this mess for god knows what reasons,dont tell us this is a war on terror,we know its always been a war between the muslims and the white christian world.at the end of the day who loses?is the world going to bear the consequences or fallout of the actions of a bunch of jews and anglo americans and christians?and please dont tell me the whites jews or christians are innocent,they have the technology,the military might and economic power,we know who is the protagonist behind all these.we know the story and the dialogue from day one,chapter one,page one of history.

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ok good justifications,whatever justifications u come up with to account for what u did to them,they too can come up with a whole bunch of justifications for their actions,remember the death toll of the muslims have always far outnumbered the jews and whites at any point of time,im not going to weep for them because the jews and anglos started this mess for god knows what reasons,dont tell us this is a war on terror,we know its always been a war between the muslims and the white christian world.at the end of the day who loses?is the world going to bear the consequences or fallout of the actions of a bunch of jews and anglo americans and christians?

Where's your evidence that the death toll of Muslims is higher?

Muslims are overwhelmingly Sunni, and they don't consider Shia Muslims as their own. So, incorporating shia death toll to inflate Muslim death numbers would be outright dishonesty. Vast majority of sunnis would gladly crack down on the shia. Google 'Muslim slave trade', and you will more likely find tons of information on Muslims trading Christian and African slaves for over a millennium, rather than the other way round.

The world has always born the consequences of the politicians and leaders who rule the powerful countries.

You prefer the fallout from Jews and Anglo-Americans, or you prefer the fallout from the Islamic imperial conquests and terrorism, chink military adventures in south china sea, some African civil war, etc etc?

There will always be war. Foolish of the liberals to even think that world peace is possible.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The attackers and their actions have been denounced by a practising Muslim:

"It was an extremely heinous act," Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said in a televised statement. "What kind of Muslims are these people? They don't have any religion."​

To me, the 'religion' of these people is Death, for themselves and their victims.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The attackers and their actions have been denounced by a practising Muslim:

"It was an extremely heinous act," Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said in a televised statement. "What kind of Muslims are these people? They don't have any religion."​

To me, the 'religion' of these people is Death, for themselves and their victims.

If they don't have any religion, then why don't the main Islamic scholars formally disown them by name from the Islamic faith and deprive them of an Islamic burial. After all, if they don't have any religion, they have no good reason to be given a Muslim burial. Empty words by the bangala PM.

#DhakaAttack: Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga confirms 7 Japanese were killed. 20 died in the attack. http://bit.Iy/29d5rIW

7 Japs slaughtered by the bangalas. Japs today are no longer as warlike as before during the samurai era or during WW2. Today, most of them are chronic losers who sleep with plastic dolls and can't fight to save their own dicks.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where's your evidence that the death toll of Muslims is higher?

Muslims are overwhelmingly Sunni, and they don't consider Shia Muslims as their own. So, incorporating shia death toll to inflate Muslim death numbers would be outright dishonesty. Vast majority of sunnis would gladly crack down on the shia. Google 'Muslim slave trade', and you will more likely find tons of information on Muslims trading Christian and African slaves for over a millennium, rather than the other way round.

The world has always born the consequences of the politicians and leaders who rule the powerful countries.

You prefer the fallout from Jews and Anglo-Americans, or you prefer the fallout from the Islamic imperial conquests and terrorism, chink military adventures in south china sea, some African civil war, etc etc?

There will always be war. Foolish of the liberals to even think that world peace is possible.

this is the 21st century,u would think mankind would be somewhat smarter by now,ii dont want to chose between the less of different insanities,i want mankind to evolve into a higher race.if the superior civilisations are acting like barbarians instead of gracefully and tolerating the failings and flaws of the inferior,then what hope is there for us all?liberals is there to guide humanity the way to the future.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this is the 21st century,u would think mankind would be somewhat smarter by now,ii dont want to chose between the less of different insanities,i want mankind to evolve into a higher race.if the superior civilisations are acting like barbarians instead of gracefully and tolerating the failings and flaws of the inferior,then what hope is there for us all?liberals is there to guide humanity the way to the future.

Liberals are amongst the most intolerant and dishonest people around. They spit, insult and attack people who disagree with their views. They disrespect democratic outcomes like the Brexit referendum, and they also pressure news to report lies in order to appear politically correct such as the Cologne mass sex assaults.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it was all hafez assad's fault. He had a opportunity to create a model state in syria when protestors were mostly peaceful, but he decided to kill them all. And he was educated in the UK, we would have thought he would be more tolerant.
Tunisia, though getting a brunt of attacks by terrorist, now a model democracy. The european union should assist countries like tunisia to progress economically be helping them create meaningful jobs.

On the invasion of iraq by bush, the fatalities was around 100k deaths.and then bush decided to destroy the country by disbanding the governments and its apparatus, the police and armed forces totally putting millions without jobs and turning to crime to survive.and the country turned into anarchy with no law and order.

So bush is still the creator of middle east instability.
We now have to wait for another dictator to rise. One who can control the huge swath of land and presumably a sunni, to unite the arabs under one.for that to happen, the fighting will have to continue until only one group survives.