• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hlb @ 2.15%

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the reason that Maybank who used to be always the highest % payout now only offer 1.55% whereas HLB is offering 2.15% ?
Wish to park my entire fortune at HLB now !!!

Or is it too good to be true ? Something gonna happen yo HLB ?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the reason that Maybank who used to be always the highest % payout now only offer 1.55% whereas HLB is offering 2.15% ?
Wish to park my entire fortune at HLB now !!!

Or is it too good to be true ? Something gonna happen yo HLB ?

Yes Sir, here's some background information

- it is an old promotion (ending this thursday). When the rates were offered a month ago, the whole market was expecting Yellen to raise rates BUT she didnt on last Wednesday so you feel that 2.15%pa is high

- The actual rate is 1.8%pa for 1year. When you say 2.15%, you are refering to the 2year FD promotion

- Thirdly, the minimum amount is S$50K, not for most small-savers. You need to pay $35 for each deposit that you forfeit before 6-months and risk getting no interests if you forfeit before maturity.

About HL Bank
HL Bank is part of Malaysian (Singapore-born) Quek Leng Chan's business. He has listed companies in Malaysia, Singapore and HK that controls properties, shipping, sugar, palm oil. Go read about his power and business ties in Malaysia and China. On paper, Singapore cousin QLB is richer but actually QLC is a less-leveraged and fundamentally & financially stronger.

Guocoland (another of QLC's business) is developing a super high office+shopping+condo tower in tanjong Pagar. HL Bank Singapore will be moving there when it completed. RUN can only speculate that 1.8 to 2.15%pa is cheap funding for the project. (purely no-basis speculation from RUN)

Lastly, the biggest taker of this 2YR promotion are not small savers. My moles in some local banks told me that June's 2-year Fixed Rates Private Property Home Loans is about 1.68 to 1.88%pa. So many property buyers took more loan and channelled their spare cash to HL Bank to enjoy back-to-back 2.15%pa returns.

Imagine this:
- You enjoy 2.15%pa tax-free for the deposits
- Your 1.68%-1.88%pa home loan interests are tax-deductible for investment properties

Good deal right?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u got 500k fortune right?time to go all in and huat ah!!!!!

2.15 percent is 10.75k a year,more than u earning at ur job right now!!!can retire already.

Last edited:

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

RUN is a broke man. His realized losses in shares is 750K, where got 500k
He cannot even meet the 50k requirement for HLB fixed deposit.

p-fixed-deposit-v2.jpg

Don't be like me.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2.15 percent is 10.75k a year,more than u earning at ur job right now!!!can retire already.
Yes currently I only earn about 500 to 800 per mth so I need to go for the highest available .
Saw this higher than our beloved cpf interest :eek:
2 consideration now is my current money will be locked for another 4 mths .I thought to surrender those forgo those interest and run to HLB before the promotion ends
2. Is HLB going to chap lup soon after everyone lo bets.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I keep accumulating blue chip till my portfolio now have close to 600k blue chip.

Dividend receive about 18-20k per year.

Every drop is a buy for me.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I keep accumulating blue chip till my portfolio now have close to 600k blue chip.

Strange thinking you have to hope for drop when you have 600k in it. If me I wouldn't be able to sleep for every drop.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
But HLB really got good rate. Thanks for your recommendation. 50k right?

I want to shift my FD from bank of China to HLB. Need to check whether can do a shift not. Thank you!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But HLB really got good rate. Thanks for your recommendation. 50k right?

I want to shift my FD from bank of China to HLB. Need to check whether can do a shift not. Thank you!

Yes min 50k. My cousin just put $460k of his resale proceeds to HLB for 2 years.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes need to be a extraordinary person to do that.
I'm just a typical sinkie lose that even lose $300 in soccer I can't sleep.

I believe what goes down will come up. Some more got dividend, hold few years can earn back the capital.

As Long as dun buy penny and rubbish stock. Then can Liao. Wait till property crash. Maybe I cash out share then buy property.

My share got ComfortDelGro, st engineering, SingTel, dbs, ocbc, Thai beverage, hl finance etc.

Then Keppel Corp and Semb Corp.

Oil and gas doing badly now, but I hope one day they can Huat.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

how long it take for u to accumulate six hundred k?20k a year for six hundred k is kinda low,urs is american blue chip or sinkie?

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
how long it take for u to accumulate six hundred k?20k a year for six hundred k is kinda low,urs is american blue chip or sinkie?

I got some rubbish shares, paiseh to say. Now mainly in blue.
Sti blue chip. Us stock I sold Long ago.

12 years working non stop. Now want to slow down. Tired in working.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I got some rubbish shares, paiseh to say. Now mainly in blue.
Sti blue chip. Us stock I sold Long ago.

12 years working non stop. Now want to slow down. Tired in working.

Eh you are a slave to money sia.
Have 600k don't need work liao.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes min 50k. My cousin just put $460k of his resale proceeds to HLB for 2 years.

Was just wondering where will your cousin be staying in with the sale of his house, unless he has 2 to begin with.......

Anyway, at almost 10k/ year..... Very nice indeed.