• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SQ flight that caught fire Q illustrates why it is such a dangerous airline now

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
it really depends on the experience of the pilot & co pilot. Also, the duty manager at the crisis management centre / SIA Ops centre at time of incident. If that bugger give instruction to the pilot to head back instead of heading to the nearest airport and the pilot concur (meaning, he think the problem is not so serious), they will do so. landing in a foreign airport has its risks (and costs) - the transfer for one is a big question - either the passengers will have to be booked onto another flight or SIA has to fly in another plane to take them to Milan or arrange for them to route back to Singaproe before going to MIlan. Now imagine the passengers insisting on similar class / standard of travel. Hotels / meals have to be catered. KLIA would be easier because SIA would have catering arrangements. Now imagine the plane is to land in Pattaya airport. As well, there is the landing fee / firefighting fee...etc.

This is my understanding of the situation regarding the Ops centre too. This is why I say this is a dangerous airline to fly now. There is no safety culture anymore. Just a cost savings. The pilot in the last resort always has the last word on the flight. If the SIA ops centre ask him to return to singapore after he reported the engine problem, he can over ride their instructions if he thinks its not safe. If he is a corporate guy, and obeys everything that he is told to do by the office in singapore, he will not disobey the instructions to return to changi.

Obviously there was a serious problem. The plane exploded in flames on landing. it does not get any more serious then that. The fact too that some passengers reported smelling fuel in the cabin an hour after turning back is another indication of the seriousness of the situation. I have been in the same situation before where the Boeing twin I was on was over water and had to turn back. we were dumping fuel too but never smelt the fuel in the cabin, and we landed without the engine blowing up or the wing catching fire.

As I said, the first priority should have been to get the plane down into the nearest airport with a long enough runway. Yes there will be costs as u mentioned, hotel, firefighting, etc. Firstly, its to preserve life. You can't put a price on that. Secondly, maybe the plane would not have caught fire if they put it down as soon as possible instead of flying another 2 hours and exarcerbating the situation. the damage to the plane is extensive. It might even be a write off considering how hard it is to repair carbon composite wings. Flying in another plane to take the passengers to milan, putting them up at hotels and feeding them, pay airport charges, etc. will still be much lower costs then repairing this aircraft.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is my understanding of the situation regarding the Ops centre too. This is why I say this is a dangerous airline to fly now. There is no safety culture anymore. Just a cost savings. The pilot in the last resort always has the last word on the flight. If the SIA ops centre ask him to return to singapore after he reported the engine problem, he can over ride their instructions if he thinks its not safe. If he is a corporate guy, and obeys everything that he is told to do by the office in singapore, he will not disobey the instructions to return to changi.

Obviously there was a serious problem. The plane exploded in flames on landing. it does not get any more serious then that. The fact too that some passengers reported smelling fuel in the cabin an hour after turning back is another indication of the seriousness of the situation. I have been in the same situation before where the Boeing twin I was on was over water and had to turn back. we were dumping fuel too but never smelt the fuel in the cabin, and we landed without the engine blowing up or the wing catching fire.

As I said, the first priority should have been to get the plane down into the nearest airport with a long enough runway. Yes there will be costs as u mentioned, hotel, firefighting, etc. Firstly, its to preserve life. You can't put a price on that. Secondly, maybe the plane would not have caught fire if they put it down as soon as possible instead of flying another 2 hours and exarcerbating the situation. the damage to the plane is extensive. It might even be a write off considering how hard it is to repair carbon composite wings. Flying in another plane to take the passengers to milan, putting them up at hotels and feeding them, pay airport charges, etc. will still be much lower costs then repairing this aircraft.

Eversince the SIA showcase their pinkerton symptom towards me, i have never take an SIA plane ever.. it has been years. hehe

now they get a taste of their own medicine. how sweet.

There is a prediction that nov this year, SIA plane will crash coming from taiwan towards sinkieland.. I am looking forward to see if its true. btw, all passengers perish too.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many questions asked by so many on why the plane did not land at nearest airport but MSM vey silent about this?

Again raises questions on their credibility and the role of the MSM/newspapers.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
So many questions asked by so many on why the plane did not land at nearest airport but MSM vey silent about this?

Again raises questions on their credibility and the role of the MSM/newspapers.

Plane is fucking on fire, and not a small one either. this is a quote from one of the passengers:

Ms Lee said she and the other passengers were frightened. “I stood up, ready to run. But the announcement said to stay calm and to stay in your seats. Passengers were frightened, (but there was) no shouting and everyone was seated.”

What kind of pilot tells the passengers to stay in their seats while the plane is burning? And what kind of sheeps listen to them?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eversince the SIA showcase their pinkerton symptom towards me, i have never take an SIA plane ever.. it has been years. hehe

now they get a taste of their own medicine. how sweet.

There is a prediction that nov this year, SIA plane will crash coming from taiwan towards sinkieland.. I am looking forward to see if its true. btw, all passengers perish too.

http://techielobang.com/blog/2015/02/09/predicted-airasia-transasia-future-sq-flight-changi-airport/

Once again, Jucelino Nobrega da Luz from Brazil had accurately predicted the fate of AirAsia QZ8501 and TransAsia Airways Flight GE235 (based on his blog post). My condolences to the families who had lost their love ones in these air accidents.

If you have read my previous (half a year ago) blog post, you will be familiar with this person, Jucelino Nobrega da Luz. He had accurately predicted the fate of MH17 and MH370.

I talked to people who had read about it and many are skeptical over his claims. Many questioned his motive(s) on why he released this information only after the incidents/accidents.

If you had read the content carefully, he has proofs that these letters were written and sent to the relevant parties/authorities before the accidents but it doesn’t stop the event from happening.

Now, for the case of AirAsia QZ8501 and TransAsia GE235, he had written a letter to Taiwan ambassador about them. What is chilling is that there are more predictions other than the two air accidents. Here is page 1 of the letter.

Check out the next page. It mentioned clearly that there will be a plane crash in Singapore nearby Changi International Airport on 27th September 2016 (that is next year). The flight is 879 and flight out from 5:35pm. I checked the current flight SQ879 (I presumed it is SQ879) and it is a flight from Taipei to Singapore.

oh.. September.. how careless i am.. anyway, the excitement is earlier than i expected. 2 more months..

airasia-transasia-crash-prediction-02.jpg

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It mentioned clearly that there will be a plane crash in Singapore nearby Changi International Airport on 27th September 2016 (that is next year). The flight is 879 and flight out from 5:35pm. I checked the current flight SQ879 (I presumed it is SQ879) and it is a flight from Taipei to Singapore.

The demise of SIA is nigh. LKY misses its impeccable service. Now is a wing. Next will be whole roasted chicken.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look on the bright side. If Singapore become a failed state, at least it is the richest one with 30% of her citizens' wealth as warchest. Nobody has to feel miserable alone.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Plane is fucking on fire, and not a small one either. this is a quote from one of the passengers:

Ms Lee said she and the other passengers were frightened. “I stood up, ready to run. But the announcement said to stay calm and to stay in your seats. Passengers were frightened, (but there was) no shouting and everyone was seated.”

What kind of pilot tells the passengers to stay in their seats while the plane is burning? And what kind of sheeps listen to them?

Put it this way...Its the right decision if nobody dies and the wrong decision if the cabin went up in flames. It's as simple as that !

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There is a separate report from the Australian media on this flight. And it contains much more information then the local media reported. I can only conclude that shit times censored many things. For example, after the plane landed and caught fire, fumes filled the passenger cabin and yet passengers were told to remain seated instead of evacuating. That is crazy, they could all have been suffocated by smoke.

Singapore Airlines wing fire: Melbourne woman describes 'horrific' flight as fumes filled cabin

A Melbourne woman has described the "horrific" experience when the flight she was on to Milan, Italy, was filled with fumes before the wing burst into flames when it landed.
Deli Baker, a Melbourne psychologist, was on flight SQ 368 from Singapore to Milan on Monday when the cabin was filled with fumes.
Ms Baker was fearful they would be asphyxiated after she started to cough and found it difficult to breathe.
Two-and-a-half hours into the flight the captain announced they would have to return to Singapore.
"The captain ... said there was an oil leak. We think it might have been a hydraulic system failure on the right wing," she told 774 ABC Melbourne.
"[It was] terrifying. The fear of asphyxiation in the cabin is really what struck me initially.
"I had a panic attack straight away. It was absolutely horrific."
Ms Baker was with her partner, her 18-year-old niece and her 22-year-old nephew.
The trip back to Singapore was slower because the damaged engine was shut down.
"There was kind of a sense that we were limping back to Singapore," she said.
"There was a more direct [route] over sea but he wasn't taking it. That kind of really hit me in the guts.
"I was like 'he's thinking this engine could fail. He wants to put it down on land instead of water.'"
Once they landed, the wing of the plane immediately burst into flames.
Media player: "Space" to play, "M" to mute, "left" and "right" to seek.

Video: A Singapore Airlines plane caught fire after an oil leak was detected (ABC News)
"As we were touching down I saw rows of fire trucks and when we hit the tarmac they chased us down the runway," she said.
"Everybody started clapping. The relief that charges through your body when you get down to the ground because for two-and-a-half hours you're thinking this is touch and go.
"Then we could see yellow flashing out on the right-hand side and you realise that's flames.
"The whole wing caught fire and we could see the flames."
The plane was sprayed with fire retardant foam and the 222 passengers and 19 crew were allowed to leave once the fire was out.
Despite the trauma, Ms Baker said her group then flew on to Milan because she knew if she did not, she would never fly again.
As if that was not enough, they were supposed to travel to Istanbul, Turkey, in two weeks, where dozens were killed in a suicide bomb attack.
"Now we're scrapping that leg of the trip for obvious reasons. We've been through enough," she said

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
"They wouldn't let us off" the burning plane. yet another independent news media with a damning report on the whole incident and deafening silence on part of the SPH.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...lane-catches-fire-in-emergency-landing/#page1

Passengers have described what it was like being inside the Singapore Airlines plane that was completely engulfed in flames.
The Boeing 777-300ER was en route for Milan with 222 passengers and 19 crew onboard.
Almost two hours into the flight, Flight SQ368 turned back due to an engine oil warning message.

Once the plane landed at Changi airport the right engine erupted into a fireball.
Australian passenger Norm Douglas posted footage of the to social media showing the plane's right wing completely engulfed in flames.
In the video, flames shoot through the air and plumes of smoke billowed from the aircraft as firefighters battle the fire with foam as terrified passengers waited on board.
The wing was left blackened and melted after the fire was extinguished.

One passenger told 7 News of the terrifying moment flames shot down the side of the plane.
“All of a sudden there were flames down one side of the plane and everyone was screaming to get out,” she told 7 News.
Another person said: "We were on fire pretty much. They wouldn't let us out of the plane until the fire was extinguished.
Lee Bee Yee was another passenger who filmed the ordeal and said the experience was "so-close to death" as he and other passengers waited for crews to control the blaze.
"After reaching Changi Airport, as the plane was landing, the engine burst into flames!!!! Huge fire was burning!" Yee said in a post accompanying the video clip.
"It was a heart wrenching 5 mins! Waiting for the fire engine and fire fighters to put out the fire! They shot foam and water into the fire and eventually it was put out!" Lee added.
"I thank God I am alive! I going home to hug my kids."
Nathan Safe from the Pilots Association told 7 News that everyone wants to know why passengers and crew weren't evacuated via the left side of the plane.
In a statement, SIA said the plane touched down at around 6:50am and there will be investigations.
"The aircraft's right engine caught fire after the aircraft touched down at Changi Airport at around 6:50am,"
"Passengers disembarked through stairs and were transported to the terminal building by bus."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
"They wouldn't let us off" the burning plane. yet another independent news media with a damning report on the whole incident and deafening silence on part of the SPH.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/3...lane-catches-fire-in-emergency-landing/#page1

Passengers have described what it was like being inside the Singapore Airlines plane that was completely engulfed in flames.
The Boeing 777-300ER was en route for Milan with 222 passengers and 19 crew onboard.
Almost two hours into the flight, Flight SQ368 turned back due to an engine oil warning message.

Once the plane landed at Changi airport the right engine erupted into a fireball.
Australian passenger Norm Douglas posted footage of the to social media showing the plane's right wing completely engulfed in flames.
In the video, flames shoot through the air and plumes of smoke billowed from the aircraft as firefighters battle the fire with foam as terrified passengers waited on board.

One passenger told 7 News of the terrifying moment flames shot down the side of the plane.
“All of a sudden there were flames down one side of the plane and everyone was screaming to get out,” she told 7 News.
Another person said: "We were on fire pretty much. They wouldn't let us out of the plane until the fire was extinguished.
Lee Bee Yee was another passenger who filmed the ordeal and said the experience was "so-close to death" as he and other passengers waited for crews to control the blaze.
"After reaching Changi Airport, as the plane was landing, the engine burst into flames!!!! Huge fire was burning!" Yee said in a post accompanying the video clip.
"It was a heart wrenching 5 mins! Waiting for the fire engine and fire fighters to put out the fire! They shot foam and water into the fire and eventually it was put out!" Lee added.
Nathan Safe from the Pilots Association told 7 News that everyone wants to know why passengers and crew weren't evacuated via the left side of the plane.
In a statement, SIA said the plane touched down at around 6:50am and there will be investigations.
"The aircraft's right engine caught fire after the aircraft touched down at Changi Airport at around 6:50am,"
"Passengers disembarked through stairs and were transported to the terminal building by bus."

So one report said no one screaming and the other said everyone screaming. Lol who is speaking the truth?

And I heard from the news one guy being interviewed said he went back to sleep while the plane turning back but now report say fumes filled cabin then how he can still sleep?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So one report said no one screaming and the other said everyone screaming. Lol who is speaking the truth?

And I heard from the news one guy being interviewed said he went back to sleep while the plane turning back but now report say fumes filled cabin then how he can still sleep?

Hello Ms/Mr mental asylum, maybe you might want to take the news from your PAP mainstream media with a pinch of salt.

Your PAP news will always try to paint themselves as the good guys who are so innocent and no fault while the situation is always to be blame but not them.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Obviously there was a serious problem. The plane exploded in flames on landing. (colour emphasis added) it does not get any more serious then that. The fact too that some passengers reported smelling fuel in the cabin an hour after turning back is another indication of the seriousness of the situation. I have been in the same situation before where the Boeing twin I was on was over water and had to turn back. we were dumping fuel too but never smelt the fuel in the cabin, and we landed without the engine blowing up or the wing catching fire.

Based on what I read, there was a fire on the wing, or the wing caught fire.

Therefore, it is incorrect to indicate that "The plane exploded in flames on landing"

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Based on what I read, there was a fire on the wing, or the wing caught fire. Therefore, it is incorrect to indicate that "The plane exploded in flames on landing"
The act of landing, ie. touching down, apparently initiated the fire in the wings. There was an apparent explosion of the engine which caused the wing to also erupt in flames. The rapidity by which the wing caught fire and the volume of the fire is consistent with an explosion. The plane exploded on landing is correct. The engine portion/wing section apparently did just that.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the act of landing, ie. Touching down, apparently initiated the fire in the wings. There was an apparent explosion of the engine which caused the wing to also erupt in flames. The rapidity by which the wing caught fire and the volume of the fire is consistent with an explosion. The plane exploded on landing is correct. The engine portion/wing section apparently did just that.

ok

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So we know the so called wrong procedure that the sinkie pilot adopted. and the whole incident is just luck that the passenger is safe.

The correct procedure has been analysed and the pilot should adopted it and the whole sinkie airline is that amateur in handling this crisis.

So what can the forummers do now beside posting in this forum.. or is it Just another story to ponder.

or can we see some proactive action against the sinkie airline. pls dun disappoint the unsinkified ones...

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exaggerations. :rolleyes: If they can disembark, of course there is no fire. Many hours of flight and the hot weather can cause hallucinations to passengers, yes? No need for alarm.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Ms/Mr mental asylum, maybe you might want to take the news from your PAP mainstream media with a pinch of salt.

Your PAP news will always try to paint themselves as the good guys who are so innocent and no fault while the situation is always to be blame but not them.

You are then mad not to question the authenticity of any media reports. Alternative media means you can take it without questioning? No need to look far but just see the nonsense that happened to me in this alternative media should be enough proof that is not the case.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You are then mad not to question the authenticity of any media reports. Alternative media means you can take it without questioning? No need to look far but just see the nonsense that happened to me in this alternative media should be enough proof that is not the case.

Don't be a stupid cunt. these are not alternative media. These are mainstream media based in Australia, which has an independent press. They ABC and Yahoo Australia. Hardly alternative by any means. AND YES, THEY ARE 1000% MORE AUTHENTIC THEN SHIT TIMES.