• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Shall I buy a Ferrari?

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll take it to Hampton Downs on track days.

http://www.hamptondowns.com/

get something like this, with no plate SBF 7 X

a8d6f286fe565004bf57c63fdff10b36.jpg

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only feeling that's better than driving a Ferrari is crashing it into a wall somewhere. Yeah, do it, go for it!

Cheers!

When I was living in Singapore and Ferraris cost in excess of $1.5 million I yearned to own one.

In NZ I could now pick up an ex Demo/low mileage Ferrari with about 2000km on the clock for less than $400,000 with a factory warranty thrown in.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every car has a clutch. No such things as a clutchless car. Whether the car has a clutch pedal or not is another matter, and whether the clutch is semi automatic like a paddle shifter or in the form of a clutch pedal, that's another matter too.

Yeah, you are right. Pedal-less dual-clutch, paddle-shift whatever nonsense guniang cars. Can't understand the 'thrill' of driving sports cars without manual gearbox.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, you are right. Pedal-less dual-clutch, paddle-shift whatever nonsense guniang cars. Can't understand the 'thrill' of driving sports cars without manual gearbox.

manual shift has gotten too tiring for me. on steep hilly and windy roads i use semi-auto shift with no need for clutch control. if you're in a small flat city like sg, doing manual shift with clutch control can go a long way, and you may not get tired of it. but in a hilly packed city like sf with many stop signs, lights, pedestrians, cyclists, and crazy peeps once you go auto you'll never look back. try stopping on filbert at a 31.5-degree incline while waiting for pedestrians to cross and revving the engine plus holding clutch, foot brake and hand brake at the same time everyday a dozen times a day. if you don't get fatigued you must be on drugs.

image.jpg

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
manual shift has gotten too tiring for me. on steep hilly and windy roads i use semi-auto shift with no need for clutch control. if you're in a small flat city like sg, doing manual shift with clutch control can go a long way, and you may not get tired of it. but in a hilly packed city like sf with many stop signs, lights, pedestrians, cyclists, and crazy peeps once you go auto you'll never look back. try stopping on filbert at a 31.5-degree incline while waiting for pedestrians to cross and revving the engine plus holding clutch, foot brake and hand brake at the same time everyday a dozen times a day. if you don't get fatigued you must be on drugs.

View attachment 27218

I am talking specifically about sports cars not meant for daily commute, yeah, and i think you just reinforced my point that cars are now catered to lazy and guniang drivers.

Should these cars give the ultimate driving pleasure? How much pleasure can you get from driving a auto sports car? Manual transmission gives driver total control = total satisfaction. Glad the americans still make real drivers car like the dodge viper. And given a choice that i would never have in real life, i'd choose without second thoughts a ferrari testarossa over any of the dual-clutch nonsense they have now.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am talking specifically about sports cars not meant for daily commute, yeah, and i think you just reinforced my point that cars are now catered to lazy and guniang drivers.

Should these cars give the ultimate driving pleasure? How much pleasure can you get from driving a auto sports car? Manual transmission gives driver total control = total satisfaction. Glad the americans still make real drivers car like the dodge viper. And given a choice that i would never have in real life, i'd choose without second thoughts a ferrari testarossa over any of the dual-clutch nonsense they have now.

have you seen a 458 dual-clutch 7-speed getrag gearbox? no more traditional manual option. you do all your speed changes using the f1 finger shift. old school manual options have pretty much gone away, especially for super cars since 2008. when you actually do work in a garage with high performance cars including vintages and classics, then come talk to me. otherwise you're making me laugh.

image.jpg

Last edited: