• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Shall I buy a Ferrari?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When I was living in Singapore and Ferraris cost in excess of $1.5 million I yearned to own one.

In NZ I could now pick up an ex Demo/low mileage Ferrari with about 2000km on the clock for less than $400,000 with a factory warranty thrown in.

I don't have the same craving to own a super car anymore but it would be nice to muck around with one for a couple of years.

If I don't do it now it will soon reach the point where I look absolutely ridiculous driving one. I need to make the decision now while I still have a full head of hair.

I'm looking at the 458 rather than the turbocharged 488 that replaces it.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Go for it boss.
If money is not for spending then what is it good for?

Yeah I'm in that state of mind now. No point leaving it for some other bastard to enjoy. I might as well take my cut first. No children plus partner has more than enough of her own dough.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was living in Singapore and Ferraris cost in excess of $1.5 million I yearned to own one.

In NZ I could now pick up an ex Demo/low mileage Ferrari with about 2000km on the clock for less than $400,000 with a factory warranty thrown in.

I don't have the same craving to own a super car anymore but it would be nice to muck around with one for a couple of years.

If I don't do it now it will soon reach the point where I look absolutely ridiculous driving one. I need to make the decision now while I still have a full head of hair.

Buy only if you will drive like a speed demon with it. If you are going to drive it like a SUV then forget it.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are u asking us this?if u are truly rich u would have bought one without a second thought and park it beside ur two other cars bentley and rolls royce in the front porch of ur 3 storey bungalow in wilkinson rd or mountbatten rd.

instead u are here doing cost benefit analysis and questioning ur life philosophy.

i see more bengs with ferraris at the SPC petrol station in my neighbourhood in one day than u do in ur new zealand dreams.

people who are true lifelong investors and financially savvy like u claim to be and build up a fortune from nothing painstackingly thru hard work and living frugally and understand the value of every penny will not be asking such questions.they will be asking if a rental property or some investments are prudent and worth buying,and doing the maths and getting advice from the pros in the forums,not asking about some bullshit ferrari.they will never ponder it let alone think about it.these are lifelong habits ingrained into them from decades of ,habits of highly successful people.these people talk about their investments all day,their portfolios,their excel spreedsheets,their etc etc....they find joy from the challenge of managing a multimillion dollar portfolio of investments and going thru the numbers and analysis and increasing their knowledge and studying and increasing their networth,not from owning junk.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

People who have more money then brains buy Ferrari. So many PRC rich kids driving them that its cheapening the Ferrari reputation. They know nothing about the car or its heritage. Also, Ferraris are notorious for being garage queens and need lots of pampering and money to maintain. If you know something about cars, buy a Honda NSX. Its the most reliable supercar out there.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
People who have more money then brains buy Ferrari. So many PRC rich kids driving them that it cheapening the Ferrari reputation. They know nothing about the car or its heritage. Also, Ferraris are notorious for being garage queens and need lots of pampering and money to maintain. If you know something about cars, buy a Honda NSX. Its the most reliable supercar out there.

Thanks best piece of advice ever. I'd forgotten all about the NSX.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
why are u asking us this?if u are truly rich u would have bought one without a second thought and park it beside ur two other cars bentley and rolls royce in the front porch of ur 3 storey bungalow in wilkinson rd or mountbatten rd.

instead u are here doing cost benefit analysis and questioning ur life philosophy.

I'm not truly rich and I've always been frugal.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who have more money then brains buy Ferrari. So many PRC rich kids driving them that it cheapening the Ferrari reputation. They know nothing about the car or its heritage. Also, Ferraris are notorious for being garage queens and need lots of pampering and money to maintain. If you know something about cars, buy a Honda NSX. Its the most reliable supercar out there.

does the words supercar and reliable go together?its not a supercar unless u pay $4000 in maintenance every month.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In the case of the NSX it does so I guess it's the sort of car you'll drive to the supermarket on a daily basis.

The only real supercar you can use as a daily driver is the NSX. Next to that you can use a Porshce 911 for a daily driver too. It would be expensive to maintain. Not as expensive as a ferrari but more then a NSX. A good used 996 with the IMS bearing fixed is a cheap alternative. But most people don't consider the 911 as a super car on par with Ferrari. But they would consider the NSX as one.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the case of the NSX it does so I guess it's the sort of car you'll drive to the supermarket on a daily basis.

is it outstanding?do people know what it is when they see it?or do people think its one of those wannabe bengs with their mitsubishi lancer.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People who have more money then brains buy Ferrari. So many PRC rich kids driving them that its cheapening the Ferrari reputation. They know nothing about the car or its heritage. Also, Ferraris are notorious for being garage queens and need lots of pampering and money to maintain. If you know something about cars, buy a Honda NSX. Its the most reliable supercar out there.

A GTR would be good too but in Sg a lot of Rich bengs drive it so image no good.
Lexus LFA would have to be next choice since Honda is not bringing in the new NSX here

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
A GTR would be good too but in Sg a lot of Rich bengs drive it so image no good.
Lexus LFA would have to be next choice since Honda is not bringing in the new NSX here

I think Sam is talking about buying and driving the car in NZ, not sinkieland.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
is it outstanding?do people know what it is when they see it?or do people think its one of those wannabe bengs with their mitsubishi lancer.

A NSX in no way can be mistaken for a Lancer. U need to see one or sit in one. It looks like it belongs on a race track with Ferraris.