• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Fake Myanmar Dr. Scandal:- A Bewildering array of errors, incompetences, and outright

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Re: Fake Myanmar Dr. Scandal:- A Bewildering array of errors, incompetences, and outr

I guarantee you 10000 % that the FT medical and healthcare personnel are less qualified then from western countries. I never mentioned anything about skin colour, don't put words in my mouth. If these fuckers were as skillfull as those from western countries, they would have been working there already. And getting paid big bucks in USD, Pound, Cdn, etc., and work less hard and live in a much lower cost environment.

Perhaps you don't understand that the reason they are in singapore is because they cannot qualify to practice in those countries. Its because 3rd world standards cannot be admitted to those countries, but somehow can be easily licensed and admitted to practice in singapore. that makes this country the same 3rd world standard.

You are right. It is very difficult for IMGs to practice in Canada. They have to take 4 exams first. (takes 2 years because the exams are held in Spring and Fall and you usually clear one then go on to the next) Then clear interviews to get into residency training which ranges from 2 to 6 years before they are fully licenced to practice independently. So it is a long road. Plus the competition is intense. All the IMGs are fighting for a few places. Those who have no standard never even finish passing the exams. And those that do, often fail at the interviews due to language. But yet so many keep trying for years and years. I heard of one Vietnamese family doctor who took 13 years before he finally got a residency position.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fake Myanmar Dr. Scandal:- A Bewildering array of errors, incompetences, and outr

LOL! WTF indeed! The pain killers probably would have made you worse.

On the other hand patients from 3rd world cuntry who are so used to their 3rd world cuntry doctors have very different expectations. Basically they expect this type of shit treatment.

Pain = prescribe painkillers (regardless what the nature and cause of the pain is). Oh yeah and tests.....must do all kinds of test. Seriously the expectation from a 3rd world cuntry patient with chest pain is to do Treadmill test, Echocardiography, Chest X-ray, Blood work, referral to Cardiologist.

If I told them it is heartburn and due to their gastroesophageal junction they would think I am crazy. They are worried about heart attack.

So it works both ways. Best is for 3rd world cuntry patients to see 3rd world cuntry doctors. They both deserve each other.

that's the problem with hmo's here hiring inexperienced and sometimes incompetent doctors from 3rd world cuntries. i'm now on ppo and visiting the doctor of my choice rather than getting shafted with an unknown doc from a 3rd world cuntry at a hmo. my last visit at a hmo clinic was with a doctor from vietnam. out of nowhere and at the end of consultation with no serious pain he prescribed 2 weeks of ibuprofen 800mg tablets for moderate pain and 1 week of hydrocodon-acetaminophen for severe pain. told him the pain was from falling off a ladder and cutting my lips on impact while picking fruit. cut and bruises were very obvious on my lips. all i needed was a stitch. 2 stitches (done by doctor assistant) and a bunch of pain killer drugs. and not to forget 4 weeks of anti-biotics. all they know are pain killers and anti-biotics.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

that's the problem with hmo's here hiring inexperienced and sometimes incompetent doctors from 3rd world cuntries. i'm now on ppo and visiting the doctor of my choice rather than getting shafted with an unknown doc from a 3rd world cuntry at a hmo. my last visit at a hmo clinic was with a doctor from vietnam. out of nowhere and at the end of consultation with no serious pain he prescribed 2 weeks of ibuprofen 800mg tablets for moderate pain and 1 week of hydrocodon-acetaminophen for severe pain. told him the pain was from falling off a ladder and cutting my lips on impact while picking fruit. cut and bruises were very obvious on my lips. all i needed was a stitch. 2 stitches (done by doctor assistant) and a bunch of pain killer drugs. and not to forget 4 weeks of anti-biotics. all they know are pain killers and anti-biotics.

I worked for a large clinic chain with contracts with several large MNCs and other companies. The so-called employer covered health care is a farce. There is always a billing limit on the deal. I guess this is not told to the client company but the clinic will enforce for example a $20 billing limit (all inclusive - consult and medications) per patient per visit. It is ridiculous to even do anything properly for the patient. Patients come in asking for this and that with 4-5 problems and they expect everything. Meanwhile I have to keep the final bill <$20. Oh and best part is we are NOT ALLOWED to tell the patients that there is such a billing limit. So you can imagine the pressures put on the doctor and at the same time the compromises on the health care of the patient.

If it was an executive or management level employee that comes in then we can get "special authorization" to go above the $20 limit (cos obviously this was one of the guys who gave the clinic chain the contract).

On the other hand, there was an MNC that had "No limit" on their employees bills. Guess what happened? The doctor who saw most of that MNC factory's patients prescribed all the most expensive medications, ordered lots of tests and basically milked the MNC for all it is worth. He looked very good cos his clinic was the highest grossing in the entire chain. The doctor then got promoted to management level. The doctors who took over from him were constantly asked why the takings were falling (simply cos they practised ethically). A year or so later the chain lost the contract as the MNC wisened up and switched to a different chain.

Seriously health care in Singapore is cowboy land. You have many unscrupulous doctors out there. And most clinic chains are run like a business. Who really cares about health care for the patients? It is how much $$$ then can earn without getting into trouble. So if the chain can hire 3rd world cuntry doctors who are licenced to practice legally and command a lower salary that means more profits for the chain and company. And malpractice is the doctor's problem not the chain's.

Notice even in the Myanmar doctor's case, SGH, NCC and SMC were all not taken to task. It was all squarely on the doctor's shoulders. Each doctor purchases malpractice insurance so that's where the lawyers go for the money. The insurance company. Meanwhile the higher costs of malpractice insurance is passed on to the doctors (not the organizations). Perfect system isn't it?

Imagine if airline pilots had to buy insurance to fly airplanes. And if a crash happened, you go after the the insurance company and not the airline.....

Well I guess with airlines it is different cos a crash means hundreds dead and the pilot dead too. With doctors it is usually only one dead at a time. Doctor still there and can work to earn to pay the victim also.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Parliament is like the place for siesta to WP; no sound, no fireworks. WP should take pappies to task for all these rubbish happening in sinkie land. Why not use the Speakers Corner to highlight about these wayward foreigners if Parliament is not available as the venue? Keeping quiet as a major political party only serves to enhance peoples' perception WP is as good as dead.

I think WP should raise the SGH and this Myanmar unqualified doctor issue in Parliament and question why there are so many Myanmar doctors everywhere in Spore when their qualifications are not recognised. Next they should push for proper qualifications of FT doctors that require passing of exams like in other countries. Only opposition can do this in parliament is WP and although not easy as their hands are tied but they should try as this is life and death matter and we already see one lack of proper care infections case at SGH that resulted in deaths.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

3rd world doctors typically do not reach the level of knowledge, experience and competency required in a 1st world clinic. they need to pass stringent exams and interviews to practise medicine in their adopted cuntries. for example, my experience with dr. tin tin toon from a 3rd world cuntry:

me: chest pains, seems like heartburn.
dr: how old are you? have you had a stroke before?
me: my age is in the form. no stroke ever.
dr: looks like you'll need to do a blood test. how's your cholesterol level?
me: moderate from results a year ago. but today i believe my tummy is hurting from gastric or perhaps acid reflux?
dr: ok, i'll prescribe you pain killers.
me: wtf? :eek:

changed to ang mo dr. simmons the following week for 2nd opinion.

dr. simmons checked with stethoscope and a quick look into my throat and upper esophagus.

dr: ok, your esophageal lining is inflamed and your valve is weakened. acid gas is leaking up and damaging your tissue. you need to cut down on oily and spicy food. no alcohol for a while. sleep with your chest and head up. i'm gonna prescribe you pantoprazole. 1 capsule a day for the next 2 weeks. if you don't get better come back. is this your 1st time having this?

me: it has been a while and i thought i had too much tomatoes while in italy. i took tums and it didn't work.

dr: nope, it's not tomatoes. it's your valve. it starts to give way when you get older. the pantoprazole will neutralize the acid but your esophagus need to heal on its own. your valve will not close tight like before. change your eating habits. i'll need to schedule you for an endoscopy to check for any signs of ulcers or damage in your stomach.

me: thanks doc.

i never visit dr. tin tin toon again. and i didn't take any pain killer medication that she prescribed.

Tomatoes could be trigger for acid reflux from what I read. I totally abstained from oily and spicy food and alcohol for last few years and I get zero acid reflux attack lol.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seriously health care in Singapore is cowboy land. You have many unscrupulous doctors out there. And most clinic chains are run like a business. Who really cares about health care for the patients? It is how much $$$ then can earn without getting into trouble. So if the chain can hire 3rd world cuntry doctors who are licenced to practice legally and command a lower salary that means more profits for the chain and company. And malpractice is the doctor's problem not the chain's.

my brother who is a gp in sg and running his own clinic is making more money doing cosmetic surgery than practicing real medicine. he still practices medicine at select hours but is using the clinic now mainly for the new wave of high-margin income. most of the "sick" who visit his clinic during regular hours are prescribed with placebos as they are not really sick but either need some form of medication (sinkies think "medicines" give them instant cure) or mc's to get excuses not to go to work or school. like you, he has seen enough of sinkies' follies plus those of foreign workers on contract. his compassionate and altruistic view of medicine has changed after decades and he's now more relaxed and richer with both male and female patients cumming in for botox injections, lip enlargement, basic facelift or a double eyelid operation. very little complications without liposuction and major bone/ligament reconstruction surgeries. all simple procedures, and happy customers. he refers to them as "sweet spots" of his medical profession to pay off multiple mortgages and loans.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

my brother who is a gp in sg and running his own clinic is making more money doing cosmetic surgery than practicing real medicine. he still practices medicine at select hours but is using the clinic now mainly for the new wave of high-margin income. most of the "sick" who visit his clinic during regular hours are prescribed with placebos as they are not really sick but either need some form of medication (sinkies think "medicines" give them instant cure) or mc's to get excuses not to go to work or school. like you, he has seen enough of sinkies' follies plus those of foreign workers on contract. his compassionate and altruistic view of medicine has changed after decades and he's now more relaxed and richer with both male and female patients cumming in for botox injections, lip enlargement, basic facelift or a double eyelid operation. very little complications without liposuction and major bone/ligament reconstruction surgeries. all simple procedures, and happy customers. he refers to them as "sweet spots" of his medical profession to pay off multiple mortgages and loans.

Is your brother truly happy?

You see this is the problem with Singapore. They think everything is about money. Deep down every doctor became a doctor not to become a highly qualified overpaid beautician. Yes the money is good but they have to sell their souls for it. Deep down they are not truly happy either.

I had a classmate who gave up his eye surgery training and did aesthetics. Earned a lot of money then got cancer. He shared his story online and it went viral. He was not happy. He died.

Singaporeans however, do not blink an eye when they see GPs doing aesthetics and moving away from actual GP work. A rich GP is a good one regardless of what he does. I have not heard any Singaporean say "why are all the GPs doing aesthetics and not true family medicine?" They see GP rich = well done lad! Is that a good use of Singapore's resources? Trained doctors doing aesthetics? In Canada, very few doctors do this work. The physician community also frowns upon doctors doing this type of work. It is all patient out of pocket payments and after a while the doctors realize how crappy it is to have to discuss money with patients. Many do it then stop and go back to the easier billing the govt work which is also encouraged by the community.

Everything in Singapore is about money. Papsmearer thinks I am bitter cos I moved to boondocks in Canada and am earning fractions of what my colleagues earn in Singapore .$$$
Frenchbriefs says I moved to Canada cos it was more "economic" (again $$$) to be a doctor in Canada.

$$$$. That's all Singaporeans think about. Seriously if not for money can Singapore survive? No water. No energy to purify water (energy is bought with $$). No food. No natural resources whatsoever.

And so called "entertainment and tourism" is all created using money and continues to run with money and for money.

Papsmearer also very nicely pointed out that PAP has broken down everything to the dollars and cents. Without money there is no Singapore. Without Singapore there are no Singaporeans. Country first. People second. It is pragmatic. And I saw through this long ago and decided to move elsewhere. Singapore is a like a high class yacht on the seas. Needs to keep changing course to escape potentially bad weather that could sink it. Lots of new additions and upgrades to keep it afloat. Canada is like an old aircraft carrier. Can be sunk but would take a lot. In the meantime it is very stable and goes where it wants to go regardless of the weather.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is your brother truly happy?

You see this is the problem with Singapore. They think everything is about money. Deep down every doctor became a doctor not to become a highly qualified overpaid beautician. Yes the money is good but they have to sell their souls for it. Deep down they are not truly happy either.

not sure if he's happy but lately he has been having smiles after dumping his 2nd wife. he's supporting all his kids who are attending colleges overseas. yup, you said it. he admitted that he sold his soul a 2nd time. he didn't opt for medicine when he was in r.i. (he's a schoolmate of hsk - same year - hsk went to the economics and engineering side while he went to the biological science side.) but the system "channeled" them into their respective academic strengths and funneled them to their respective disciplines and careers. his original passion was in software and gaming. he programs and hacks as a hobby. at one time he was solving my linux os issues while running his own clinic. for jumping headlong into medicine while he loved to hack he thinks he sold his soul. and now with a greater income from aesthetics he sold it a 2nd time.

i advised him to go into code school on his spare time and learn to write code for medicine. he can combine his skill sets to produce software applications for laymen to "play" medicine games, virtual reality scenarios and or simulations with analytics from wearable devices or smart phones. even the concept of remote augmented reality for medical purposes can be his hobby or playground. there's an ever increasing need to combine tech and health science. points to ponder for him to buy his soul back. opportunities are aplenty if one looks at it positively and constructively. sinkies including professionals in sg like my brother must think outside the proverbial (money) well and explore innovations and creations that stoke their personal passion yet solve mankind's universal problems.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think WP should raise the SGH and this Myanmar unqualified doctor issue in Parliament and question why there are so many Myanmar doctors everywhere in Spore when their qualifications are not recognised. Next they should push for proper qualifications of FT doctors that require passing of exams like in other countries. Only opposition can do this in parliament is WP and although not easy as their hands are tied but they should try as this is life and death matter and we already see one lack of proper care infections case at SGH that resulted in deaths.

No WP people around? Can you tell your leaders to push for these changes in Parliament? Our life is at stake with poor quality but expensive medical care.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

No WP people around? Can you tell your leaders to push for these changes in Parliament? Our life is at stake with poor quality but expensive medical care.
Since when has the PAP cared about your life? NSmen dying also they want to deny everything. Even want to claim back court charges from the dead NSmen's parents. The only life they care about is their own life and their own kind.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since when has the PAP cared about your life? NSmen dying also they want to deny everything. Even want to claim back court charges from the dead NSmen's parents. The only life they care about is their own life and their own kind.

Precisely that's why WP have to push for it in Parliament. Nothing will happen without people pushing for it right?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Precisely that's why WP have to push for it in Parliament. Nothing will happen without people pushing for it right?
WP is fake oppo. wait long long for them to push anything other then teachers paying for their school parking.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nayrsg,its obvious sg has made u a very unhappy person likewise many sinkies.but truth is there isnt much difference between canada and singapore except two fundamental differences.canada has the best interest and welfare of their people and countrymen at heart,their laws and constitution and government work hard to see to it and protect that,while singapore exist to serve a different set of interests,that of the rich,elite and the monarchy and the businessmen and last but not least self interest,its true many sinkies are out for themselves,whether its a behaviour or trait borne out of survival and not wanting to be at the bottom along with the suffering pitiful masses,hence singapore is a very disadvantageous place for the poor,the working class,even the middle class and the ordinary man on the street.hence the restrictions and exploitations u see in ur clinic and many other institutions of singapore.

but bear in mind this,canada do not operate in the realm of magic,it has to obey the laws of physics and economics too,money do not grow on trees.canadians may get a greater freedom and coverage on their healthcare that because they have already paid for it,they as a society as a whole are willing to bear the burden.canadian healthcare is reaching 10 percent of its gdp and is estimated to be 290 billion dollars next year.singapore on the other hand is cheap cheap,we only spend 4.9 percent of our gdp on healthcare.u die ur biz.http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.TOTL.ZS

there isnt much difference between singapore and canada,u might think u have some kind of stability because u have wildlife and forests and fishing grounds and oil and all that but singapore have our resources too,we are rich beyond ur wildest imagination,we have massive reserves and garguantuan wealth funds that 90 percent of the countries in the world can only dream of,all these accumulated wealth and resources can keep our people going for generations and generations like sweden norway and finland.its too bad all these assets are not utilised properly and for the maximum benefit of our people.singapore is like africa,we have all the resources in the world but our people are poor.

ultimately,money rules the world,it is childish and naive to ignore that.he who has the gold,makes the rules,with great power comes great responsibility,be it kung fu power or financial power.the rich and elite in singapore are not pulling their weight enough.as can be seen by ur clinic example of $20 healthcare and u being bound by their rules.u bitch and whine so much,let me ask u why dont u open up a free clinic and help the poor for free?u know u cant,cause u are poor and helpless,theres only so much one doctor can do,u can diagnose them for free,but u cannot afford to pay for their medication,their drugs and their treatment,u cannot even afford to pay for ur clinic's rent and ur receptionist's salary.without canada's 290 billion healthcare program u are nothing.my goal to become rich in life,filthy rich not just garden variety rich,the multimillion sup sup sui type,is not because i want to own fancy stuff,i was born a peasant and a peasant i will always be.my goal is to make billions so i can change the world and help society,the way i see it is kind of a robin hood job,if i dont make this billion,this billion in the economy will be earned by someone else or a bunch of greedy facists or right wingers or corporations,it will go into their pockets and disappear forever or go to their hundred million dollar yatch or mansion.if i can make that billion,at least i can give 99 percent of it back to society and the economy,to help the poor and disenfranchise......of course it will always be a constant battle,even if i managed to earn 100 billion and become the richest man in the world,there is still 1.7 trillion of unlocked wealth.yes the richest 62 people in the world owns more wealth than the bottom 3 billion.or 1.7 trillion dollars.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

ultimately,money rules the world,it is childish and naive to ignore that.he who has the gold,makes the rules,with great power comes great responsibility,be it kung fu power or financial power.the rich and elite in singapore are not pulling their weight enough.as can be seen by ur clinic example of $20 healthcare and u being bound by their rules.u bitch and whine so much,let me ask u why dont u open up a free clinic and help the poor for free?u know u cant,cause u are poor and helpless,theres only so much one doctor can do,u can diagnose them for free,but u cannot afford to pay for their medication,their drugs and their treatment,u cannot even afford to pay for ur clinic's rent and ur receptionist's salary.without canada's 290 billion healthcare program u are nothing.my goal to become rich in life,filthy rich not just garden variety rich,the multimillion sup sup sui type,is not because i want to own fancy stuff,i was born a peasant and a peasant i will always be.my goal is to make billions so i can change the world and help society,the way i see it is kind of a robin hood job,if i dont make this billion,this billion in the economy will be earned by someone else or a bunch of greedy facists or right wingers or corporations,it will go into their pockets and disappear forever or go to their hundred million dollar yatch or mansion.if i can make that billion,at least i can give 99 percent of it back to society and the economy,to help the poor and disenfranchise......of course it will always be a constant battle,even if i managed to earn 100 billion and become the richest man in the world,there is still 1.7 trillion of unlocked wealth.yes the richest 62 people in the world owns more wealth than the bottom 3 billion.or 1.7 trillion dollars.

Everything is relative I suppose. The richest man in the world vs the richest nation in the world. The country with the most oil in the world vs the country with the most freshwater in the world. The world's most powerful nation versus tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes. Earth versus Mars versus Jupiter versus the Sun.

Man vs God.

Anyway I sincerely wish you all the very best in your quest to become the richest man in the world so that you can help the poor and destitute. You will surely make the world a better place after you have attained your goal.

Meanwhile "I am nothing" me will try what I can to help the next man/woman/child I meet who needs some help.

Cheers.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
― Mother Teresa

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Everything is relative I suppose. The richest man in the world vs the richest nation in the world. The country with the most oil in the world vs the country with the most freshwater in the world. The world's most powerful nation versus tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes. Earth versus Mars versus Jupiter versus the Sun.

Man vs God.

Anyway I sincerely wish you all the very best in your quest to become the richest man in the world so that you can help the poor and destitute. You will surely make the world a better place after you have attained your goal.

Meanwhile "I am nothing" me will try what I can to help the next man/woman/child I meet who needs some help.

Cheers.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”
― Mother Teresa

thats good,at least u are doing something,u cant change the minds of others but at least u can change urs.if u care enough to do something in the world i would probably say u are in the minority,most people in singapore just go about living their lives,simply not caring about the world's or the country's problems or other people's problems as long as it does not affect them or its not their job,like they are not paid to care,or even if they say they care they usually end up not doing anything anyway most of their lives.outside of their lives,their family and friends,what else do they care?they will go out of their lengths to make their friends family and loved ones happier but genuine altruism in human nature is extremely rare.like the sinkie uncle who survived cancer,decided to quit his job and feed the poor,spending $50 a day to feed the poor and elderly for 4 years.as it is,the mps and ministers need to be paid hundreds of thousands and millions just to motivate them to pretend to care for you.anyway im just talking bullshit.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Don't talk about altruism and acts of kindness. Even things that they can do to improve their own lives they won't do. All the excuses and complaints. Too tired. Too troublesome. Not enough money. Ministers paid millions they should do it for me. Ministers paid millions they should do it for them.

NATO. Kpkb. Kiasu. Kiasee.

I say this not as a bigot and arrogant person but as fact. I am sure you know what I mean frenchbriefs. Anyway not all Singaporeans are like that. But many many are. I never started out giving up on Singapore. For a while I thought I could make a difference and help my fellow Singaporeans. Talk to them. Encourage them to change, work towards change.....then I realize most DID NOT want to change or have change.

For things to change.....I had to change. Which was why I moved to Canada. The system here is different. It is more equitable. There is a minimum wage and it benefited me when I got my first job. Even as we speak the Alberta govt has plans to raise the minimum wage to $15 by 2018. I fully support that. It will mean businessmen have less in their pockets but it is better for everyone. It will encourage people to work as well.

Even in healthcare I can see my work benefit more people.

Meanwhile back in Singapore even my own family members will ask me about how to migrate to Canada. I would tell them they qualify on the quick assessment cos I am their direct relative. They do have to take IELTS exam to get the application going. IELTS too troublesome....sigh.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

there isnt much difference between singapore and canada,u might think u have some kind of stability because u have wildlife and forests and fishing grounds and oil and all that but singapore have our resources too,we are rich beyond ur wildest imagination,we have massive reserves and garguantuan wealth funds that 90 percent of the countries in the world can only dream of,all these accumulated wealth and resources can keep our people going for generations and generations like sweden norway and finland.its too bad all these assets are not utilised properly and for the maximum benefit of our people.singapore is like africa,we have all the resources in the world but our people are poor.

I don't know to much about Canada, other then visiting it a couple of times. Like many sinkies, I have friends and relatives there. I do know that no matter how large our "national reserves" are, they are irrelevant to the common people. The PAP has no interest in ever dispersing them nor in doling out more then crumps. Therefore to the common people, the national reserves is as good as non existent. In any case how much national reserve we actually have, given its never been audited, is another matter for discussion at another thread.

The main differences as I see between canada and singapore is that in one Country, the govt actually genuinely want to help the people. You will never see the wholesale importation of FTs into Canada to take away Canadian jobs and lower the production cost. You will never see the Canadian govt tell its citizens "we don't know how much national reserves we have because it will take 50 man years to figure it out". You will never see the canadian govt. pass a $14 billion defence budget without telling the citizens exactly how and where the money will be spend. They maybe misguided and they may go the wrong direction at times, but it appears the voters and the media rein them in. Singapore on the other hand works as a dictatorship to all intents and purposes. I rather live in Malaysia where I don't have to be careful about what I say and to whom, rather then in singapore. In fact, my retirement plans do not involve staying in this country at all.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

...It is more equitable. There is a minimum wage and it benefited me when I got my first job. Even as we speak the Alberta govt has plans to raise the minimum wage to $15 by 2018. I fully support that. It will mean businessmen have less in their pockets but it is better for everyone. It will encourage people to work ....

Yes, minimum wage is a step to stop the rich from abusing the poor.

It is my dream that there must be an internationally recognised minimum wage level and it must be enforced by all nations through means like ban, trade embargo ... Only then will there be more decency in the way labour is employed and put an end to labour abuse, and not recycle the stupid excuse that there are somebody out there who is in desperate need for a job, and they are helping them but closed both eyes to the truth that the poor workers may be risking their limbs and lives.

Some may argue that minimum wage policy will deprive the super poor a chance to make a living as companies will reduce outsourcing. However, if we look carefully, those poor who are honest have not gained much from such gobalisation. For example, those working in hazardous trades are risking their health and lives without realizing, in exchange for just a fraction of the money that they rightfully deserve. In some cases, their medical bills and permanent impairments cost much more than what they had earned. The crooks and the rich are the ones who reaped the most profits. Crooks like those with fake qualifications or empoyment agents or dormitory providers ....

What is worse, at the end, quality suffered, environment is damaged, more skilled workers are laid off, productivity nosedived and social issues escalated.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Yes, minimum wage is a step to stop the rich from abusing the poor.

It is my dream that there must be an internationally recognised minimum wage level and it must be enforced by all nations through means like ban, trade embargo ... Only then will there be more decency in the way labour is employed and put an end to labour abuse, and not recycle the stupid excuse that there are somebody out there who is in desperate need for a job, and they are helping them but closed both eyes to the truth that the poor workers may be risking their limbs and lives.

Some may argue that minimum wage policy will deprive the super poor a chance to make a living as companies will reduce outsourcing. However, if we look carefully, those poor who are honest have not gained much from such gobalisation. For example, those working in hazardous trades are risking their health and lives without realizing, in exchange for just a fraction of the money that they rightfully deserve. In some cases, their medical bills and permanent impairments cost much more than what they had earned. The crooks and the rich are the ones who reaped the most profits. Crooks like those with fake qualifications or empoyment agents or dormitory providers ....

What is worse, at the end, quality suffered, environment is damaged, more skilled workers are laid off, productivity nosedived and social issues escalated.

Hi Seee3,

Just wondering, do you have a domestic helper in Singapore?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Seee3,

Just wondering, do you have a domestic helper in Singapore?

No helper, no tuition for kids and both parents working. Kids already grown up. Life was tough then but manageable. My kids now also do not believe in having helper. I am a handy man, doing my own plumbing, electrical wiring, locks ... It is like a hobby.