• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Brexit, and its aftermath

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Global markets lose US$2.1 trillion in Brexit rout

you are taking interest in world affairs for your own gain rather than having a genuine concern for the welfare of the world..:oIo::oIo::oIo:

I see you always scold people in forum. Not sure why. Probably you can't do well in real life. Sorry for my straightforward.

Do some skill upgrading or study more for better future.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I see you always scold people in forum. Not sure why. Probably you can't do well in real life. Sorry for my straightforward.

Do some skill upgrading or study more for better future.

i am stating the shameful fact from your post.. opportunistic gain in the expense of world affairs.. It tells us the type of person you are.

Well. i have the habit to pick out shit traits from people skillfully.. that is why i can detect sinkieness a mile away. i am exercising my talent.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Suddenly we got 2 more countries -Scootlands and London

How can London leave Britain? It is part of Britain.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The petition for London is similar to the one some blur activist raised when PAP captured Potong Pasir. No understanding of what the votes means. Might as well start a petition to get the sun to rise from the West.

As for Scotland, I am sure the English and Welsh will help get rid of them. The Scots have their oil but the need for the generous agricultural subsidy from the EU is tempting. Most Scots of importance work in London anyway. Scotland will be become another New Zealand, beautiful country, good for tourism but like the Kiwis will have develop their niche.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i support UK leaning the EU..

Money controls people and people are sick of it..

being poorer and yet get their sanity back is worth it.

Eventually, Uk will develop economically without immigrant bullshit. Learn to develop economically without depending on others is wise move.

Only losers will need others to wipe their ass in order to have a life.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am stating the shameful fact from your post.. opportunistic gain in the expense of world affairs.. It tells us the type of person you are.

Well. i have the habit to pick out shit traits from people skillfully.. that is why i can detect sinkieness a mile away. i am exercising my talent.

Ok, you are noble while I am selfish. I only want my investment to grow.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why UK took Brexit - and its implications

Yes, the nectar of cheap labour. Interesting point you raised the high wage policy of the 80s. GKS, Hon and Ngiam did it to attract high value add industries and naturally automation and productivity. Then we had the economic hiccup in 84/85. LHL led the taskforce and it began by cutting CPF contributions from employers. Since then the employers have latched on to LHL. Soon permission given to tap the cheaper labour markets. It became more lucrative for businesses to go into industries that only required unskilled labour.

The lesson is that once you have a dependence on cheap labour you are courting disaster ? To be fair to the government , they identified productivity as a major issue for at least 40 years if not more. The trouble is they took a number of disastrous turns, beginning with the high wage policy in the 80's. Then they lost their way because of the single minded focus on GDP.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
What'll the elite and the wealthy plan to do now that Brexit is a certainty?

Almost every billionaire of whatever nationality has invested in the UK.

Now that Brexit is a certainty, what will the world's elite and the wealthy plan to do with their UK investments?

On a separate note a little bird from the West whispered to me that multi-billionaire Familee has lost about 200,000,000 GBP--at least on paper--as a result of the Brexit vote.

Last edited:

JaviMartinez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: What'll the elite and the wealthy plan to do now that Brexit is a certainty?

Why so many threads on Brexit? Why are the mods not merging them into one? Perhaps i should do something about it?

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why UK took Brexit - and its implications

Common theme. When can we stop the greedy landlord keep on increasing rental on every renewal?

Causes

4. National infrastructure such as Hospitals under strain, shortage of beds, elective procedures and surgeries routinely postponed numerous times, train fares going up, rentals shooting sky high and young couples unable to compete with foreigners to climb the property ladder.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: who is the biggest winner of brexit?

The common people. Now you can order and serve beer in any size and not according to EU standard. And buy bananas not in standard bunch.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: who is the biggest winner of brexit?

the common men and women , the tom dick and harry

The Thomas, Donald & Harold, blimey!, you have not got it right!....ha ha ha....Tom, Dick, & Harry sound like some Ah Tiong, today, trying to be "ang moh"...