• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat HP Customer Service Centre

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently learned that there is now no more Customer Service Centre for HP laptops, PCs etc in Singapore. Will have to reconsider my plan for my next HP device. Currently using their laptop, PC and printer but looks like they are down sizing. The Alexandra Service Centre also closed.

Lohmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have already given up hopes on servicing.

Self service better. Plenty of YouTube videos to watch.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
HP technical support for Sinkies is now provided by HP India.

One of my Sinkie friends who's still stuck in Sinkieland experienced the customer service first-hand.

Firstly, you'll need translation support to understand its heavily Indian-accented English.

Secondly, you'll be bombarded with many phone calls from a seemingly un-coordinated technical support team. For each technical issue that you report, at least 3 different callers will follow up with phone calls to you.

After your technical issue has been fixed, there will be at least an email asking for your assessment of their support. That's not all--you'll get at least a phone call from HP India asking you to rate their performance.

In all, you'll get at least 5 phone calls and 3 emails for just one technical issue. The only reason I can think of for their encompassing support is labor cost in India is dirt cheap--HP India can afford to have 5 people attend to you.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently learned that there is now no more Customer Service Centre for HP laptops, PCs etc in Singapore.
Correct me if I'm wrong--if you've a problem with your HP laptop, PC, HP India will replace it for you on-site. This is for Sinkie customers only.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me wud not buy any hp laptop or pc again ... design sucks ... components sucks ... mama bord spoilt wifin warranty period, can quote iz replacemen twice as much as original laptop price ...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correct me if I'm wrong--if you've a problem with your HP laptop, PC, HP India will replace it for you on-site. This is for Sinkie customers only.

Whatever had happened to our "niche" in being the Region or even Asia, service center? I worked for a company for a while, providing back end service for the companies branches in this region, plus Asia. I use to have trainees from countries in SEA, Japan, Korea etc... The company had some kind of economic status from, was it EDB?...

What ever had happened to that CORE business....the company which I had left....shifted slowing their operations to KL, Malaysia & then later to Mumbai, India....

What happened to the CORE??...those "rotten to the core" sinkingporeans....:p

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

No replacement. They will take your laptop from your home, leave you with a receipt and after that silence...

BTW, any opinion about Lenovo T - Series laptops ?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Recently learned that there is now no more Customer Service Centre for HP laptops, PCs etc in Singapore. Will have to reconsider my plan for my next HP device. Currently using their laptop, PC and printer but looks like they are down sizing. The Alexandra Service Centre also closed.

I have no idea why you ever chose HP crap in the first place. :rolleyes:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, the Hp service center is closed. I was talking to the technician when I sent my printer there for repair prior to their closing.

Understand from him that while the center is closed, they are still taking on repairs by means of "mobile" technician/service engineer, where the call center will assign jobs to location that needs repair work.

There is no more physical location for them to be stationed, but always on the move.......
Another cost cutting measures definitely......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, the Hp service center is closed. I was talking to the technician when I sent my printer there for repair prior to their closing.

Understand from him that while the center is closed, they are still taking on repairs by means of "mobile" technician/service engineer, where the call center will assign jobs to location that needs repair work.

There is no more physical location for them to be stationed, but always on the move.......
Another cost cutting measures definitely......

You mean the HP Service Technicians are now living in the company's van? & taking their Vietnamese girlfriends everywhere they go, even at night, attending service calls??

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never liked HP products. Bought their OEM (from Philips) CDWriter many eons ago. When I always had errors in my CDR discs and brought it to their Alexandra Road service centre for an exchange (since it was less than 3 days from purchase), they rejected me outright and told me that it could be my system's problem. I then insisted that they do some burn tests themselves and after about a week, they admitted the set has problem, but they had only repaired instead of a 1-to-1 exchange as I had demanded. Thereafter, I swear never to buy any HP products again because to me, their acronym "HP" stands for Hopeless Product.

I have also learned from friends that certain models of their Notebooks are prone to go up in smoke and burned their motherboards. I'd seen 1 myself. And their printers, even though the color printouts may be good, but their unreliable mechanisms are always prone to paper jams after a short while of usage.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Here's my recommendations :

Computers : Apple all the way. They aren't perfect but they are far superior to any winshit box. The days when people were forced to use windows in order to run microsoft office are long gone. You can run windows on your mac if you so choose. Apple is more expensive up front but the overall ownership cost over the life of the product is a lot cheaper. I'm still using my 2009 Mac Mini for most things at home with no issues whatsoever.

Printers : Epson or Canon and you won't look back.

Nobody needs anything from HP. They are yesterday's news. The last time I used an HP product was when I bought one of their scientific calculators way back in the 70s.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me wud not buy any hp laptop or pc again ... design sucks ... components sucks ... mama bord spoilt wifin warranty period, can quote iz replacemen twice as much as original laptop price ...

hp was my first computer and probably one of the worst ever,parts start breaking or malfunctioning after a year or 2.worthless piece of junk.price to component ratio is mediocre.lenovo is the best,my lenovo only $800,powerful as hell,4 years of heavy usage and still going strong.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hp is not a real computer manufacturing company,they are more of a distribution company,distribution for crap...........of all the laptops and pcs i owned,hp,dell,sony vaio,lenovo and custom,hp was the absolute absolute junk.their computers are more like happy meal toys than actual machines......worse than cheap chinese crap.

jw5

Loyal
hp was my first computer and probably one of the worst ever,parts start breaking or malfunctioning after a year or 2.worthless piece of junk.price to component ratio is mediocre.lenovo is the best,my lenovo only $800,powerful as hell,4 years of heavy usage and still going strong.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

before closing there were a lot of malay front office pple.......... related problem>???