• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why Brexit referendum is a PLUS for WORLD PEACE: stale (rancid) agreements should be

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Brexit referendum is a PLUS for WORLD PEACE: stale (rancid) agreements should be reviewed at periodic intervals.
32CB754300000578-0-The_poll_showed_an_overall_four_point_lead_for_the_Brexit_camp_b-m-12_1459672839700.jpg
Pict sauce
Just my 2cents.
Judging by current world trends and the problem of too big to fail: but FAILED in the context of recent significant disasters the likes of Fukushima, Lehman Brothers 2008 (World Financial Crisis), Greek debt crisis etc: to me, all are syndromic of 'groupthink' and the concept of systematic and extensive whistle blower silencing.

In the case of Fukushima nuclear disaster, whistle blowers had all along warned that the nuclear reactor would be at risk of deluge by tsunami but the report was ignored: ["In 2007, TEPCO set up a department to supervise its nuclear facilities. Until June 2011 its chairman was Masao Yoshida, the Fukushima Daiichi chief. A 2008 in-house study identified an immediate need to better protect the facility from flooding by seawater. This study mentioned the possibility of tsunami-waves up to 10.2 metres (33 ft). Headquarters officials insisted that such a risk was unrealistic and did not take the prediction seriously."]

Likewise in the case of Subprime mortgage crisis (Lehman Brothers 2008): which would perhaps be due to blind faith in an unending rise in property prices in the USA: which we now know affected the world economy badly; not least the Greek debt crisis in which almost all of the eurozone placed blind faith in the honesty/ integrity of the Greek gahmen in the raising of public debt and reporting of national budget data resulting in widespread haircuts on Greek public debt and massive losses by investors and pension funds in Greek public debt.

All these incidents point to an overindulgence in such 'too big to fail' phenomenon or organisations and point to a need to sit back and reconsider our priorities and Brexit means just that, reducing uncontrolled immigration, being a colony of the EU parliament whose accountability, as evidenced by its lackadaisical attitude towards the policing of national debt as in the case of Greece and other PIIGS countries remains in serious doubt.

The USA in itself could also be a 'too big to fail' phenomenon resulting in the the present mess in the Middle East as successive US gahmens propped up despotic leaders in exchange for national pride/ cheap oil, the likes of Hosni Mubarak in Egypt and even Saddam Hussein once before only to find the tables turned as they were either disposed in revolutions or opposed the USA. A List of authoritarian regimes supported by the United States is also readily available on the internet.. Sadly, both China (South China Sea dispute, illegal law enforcement against booksellers in HKG, human rights abuses in Tibet) and Russia(meddling in Ukraine and Georgia) seem to be following the US example and likewise, seek to achieve 'too big to fail' status much to the peril of world peace.

Where the British electorate feels that it has been colonised by the European Union and helpless in defending its own national borders against the influx of migrants- whose dispersal is primarily caused by the reckless and irresponsible, short sighted decisions by world super-powers (not least the EU), Britain has the right to exert its own independence and withdraw from the European Union 'colonisation' before it is too late, likewise may Britain withdraw from dangerous mutual defence agreements in favour of restarting diplomacy and negotiation: pernicious defence agreements the likes of which were responsible for the UNCONSCIOUS domino effect of 'stale' alliances into forcing everyone into unnecessarily participating in WW2.

I thus salute Great Britain for taking ownership of its own fate and its rightful voice in world affairs and standing up for the fact that membership to any defence or economic agreement/union should always remain an open choice subject to DISCUSSION AND REVIEW AT PERIODIC OPPORTUNES. Once again, Great Britain has earned herself the distinguished honour of setting the right tone and approach to administrative matters for the world to follow: that every man has a vote, and to decide what is good for his nation and himself and not just abandon such duties to politicians with a penchant of laying claim greater knowledge or experience then they in truth do.

May Britain and the EU emerge stronger from this important referendum (discussion) that awakens the interests and concern about larger (relevant) political issues in every responsible citizen.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Brexit referendum is a PLUS for WORLD PEACE: stale (rancid) agreements should

I think tonight David Cameron has to commit suicide.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Why Brexit referendum is a PLUS for WORLD PEACE: stale (rancid) agreements should

I think tonight David Cameron has to commit suicide.

I actually salute him for giving the British people a right to decide upon this very important issue. People in China, N Korea, Tibet, Hong Kong, not least Singapore and other Asian countries hardly have a choice wrt to important national issues. The British brand of politics is good I think.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

I actually salute him for giving the British people a right to decide upon this very important issue. People in China, N Korea, Tibet, Hong Kong, not least Singapore and other Asian countries hardly have a choice wrt to important national issues. The British brand of politics is good I think.

I concur with Tommy Koh.

In a Facebook post, Ambassador-at-Large Tommy Koh said Mr Cameron had "messed up big time by holding an unnecessary referendum".
"The result is a tragedy for the UK and for the EU. It is a victory for populism over rationality. It is a victory for fear over hope. It will probably lead to the secession of Scotland from the UK," he wrote.
"The global wave of populism which is sweeping the world is a danger to democracy and to democratic institutions. Let us hope that it will not invade Singapore," he added.

Whatever the outcome is going to be, I still wish Britain for the best in the following years ahead. Their destiny now lies in the hands of their people.

Last edited: