• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkies not hit Hard enough! Must increase parking charges!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
First, they make civil serpents pay for parking in government buildings like schools, then they cut off the internet!! Now they want to jack up all parking charges !! U mean we not suffered enough??

A government review of public parking rates is currently under way in a move that is set to raise prices at all public carparks, The Straits Times has learnt.

The Housing Development Board (HDB) and Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) both confirmed yesterday that an islandwide review of both short-term and season parking schemes is in the works.

This comes just two months after the ministries of National Development and Transport said in Parliament that parking prices would go up, to bring Singapore's rates in line with those of other global cities.

The URA said the review is meant to "right-price public car park charges and reduce the gap between the fees charged by private and public carparks". It is studying the quantum of increase.

It noted that in some areas in the Central Business District, the difference between private and public hourly parking prices during peak periods was over 100 per cent.

Separately, the HDB pointed out that its carparks have improved over the years, with amenities such as landscaped decks, electronic parking systems and lifts.

Both agencies noted that the last price revision was in 2002, when short-term parking prices increased about 10 per cent - carparking charges in the city area rose from 90 cents to $1 per half-hour, and from 45 cents to 50 cents per half-hour outside the CBD.

"Since then, the costs of managing and operating carparks have increased substantially," said a URA spokesman.

Before 2002, prices were also hiked in 1993 and 1989 - in all cases, the increase was over 10 per cent. The HDB and URA manage 607,000 and 24,000 parking spaces respectively.

The HDB is also studying differentiated season parking charges for non-residents who use HDB carparks, and residents who own more than one car. It said differentiated rates could help manage demand, with priority given to a resident's first car.

Motorists hope prices would not increase beyond 10 per cent. "Already, we spend a substantial amount on our cars," said technopreneur Toh Kian Khai, 34.

A parking policy expert, Dr Paul Barter, said a review was timely, but recommended taking a more nuanced approach. Prices should be set based on the occupancy rate of carparks - which ideally should only be 85 per cent full at any one time so that there are always parking spaces available. Rates could be raised during peak periods and lowered in the off-peak, he said.

"If it's too full, it's too cheap, and if it's too empty, it's too expensive," he said.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the pappies have announced GST cash handouts to sinkies, they must find a way to take it back. This parking fee salvo is just one of many to come. Pappies give out one chicken leg but they want the sinkies to give them one whole chicken back. If sinkies still do not understand how pappies play the musical chair, it is just too bad.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
The costs of owning and driving a car is already so high, with exorbitant petrol taxes and road taxes and COE and ERP, now PAP wants to increase parking taxes too.

I blame the 69% dumbfucks for this. Song boh 69%, you voted for this PAP shit!

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The costs of owning and driving a car is already so high, with exorbitant petrol taxes and road taxes and COE and ERP, now PAP wants to increase parking taxes too.

There reason, in line with those of other global cities.

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a step in the right direction to reduce our desire to own cars. It is obvious that policies will now be tweaked to achieve a car lite country.

The cost of ownership will be lowered as the cost of usage increases. Eventually owning a car will become a hobby rather than a means of transportation.

Goodbye Henry Ford. It's been a good hundred years

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st, dey make borrowing moni 2 buy car ezier ... mor peasants wil b in debt ...

tis of cos make coe soars ... making peasants pay mor 4 a car ...

now dey increase parking fees ...

wat a strategy! ... whichever skolar dat came up wif this strategy muz b a genius! ... ah loon n ah jinx really luv tis genius deep deep ...

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go on, please increase. But not for motorcyclists who need
to elevate themselves.

Pls hv more double yellow lines in private estates. They are all parking
their extra cars outside. Two lanes becoming one.

FangSinGuek

Alfrescian
Loyal
very sad that they keep flogging the same half dead horse
only the rich n PApists can afford.............car lite means get lost the roads belong to them>>>??? big fat pay can absorb the peanuts

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would like to applaud the government for being brave enough to raise the rental on parking spaces while rental for property has been on the decline. This would give steel to landlords like me and we should stand firm on our rentals, instead of taking the populist way out and reduce rents.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would like to applaud the government for being brave enough to raise the rental on parking spaces while rental for property has been on the decline. This would give steel to landlords like me and we should stand firm on our rentals, instead of taking the populist way out and reduce rents.

i'm shocked at the availability and cheapness of parking spaces in sg considering the need to reduce the car population, especially when compared to hk and sf. even parking in multi-storey garages under 1st class buildings downtown and orchard is truly affordable. dirt cheap literally.

Dracula

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'm shocked at the availability and cheapness of parking spaces in sg considering the need to reduce the car population, especially when compared to hk and sf. even parking in multi-storey garages under 1st class buildings downtown and orchard is truly affordable. dirt cheap literally.

really, why not you just buy over the whole SGX?

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
when the gov't start scraping at the bottom of the barrel you know the country is in deep deep trouble.
carpark is the bottom of the barrel!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when the gov't start scraping at the bottom of the barrel you know the country is in deep deep trouble.
carpark is the bottom of the barrel!

it's my fault. i told pmo that parking strategies need to be revisited if sg is considering curbing the vehicle population further.

years ago when i advised pmo to create an fb account for the pm, and they actually did it. i'm surprised they actually listen to me. they cum here to follow my advice too. occasionally i insert nuggets of soixante neuf sinkie torture techniques in quiet and insignificant threads to teach pmo how to improve on "serving" sinkies.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

After the erection here comes the screwing by Papaya !! Thanks to the 70%

brainless retarded Stinkieporean, now its time to screw Mototrist COE keep on

going North, than comes the consistent PAIN INCREASED Parking charges and

HDB Season charges!! Beside that Private car park owners are allowed to screw

Motorist big time!!

Next going to be pay as you travel GPS billing ..thank Papaya for being so

creative, when comes to money!!

So whats on the agenda??