• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat which is the best chicken rice stall

Which is the best chicken rice?

• 5 Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Boon Tong Kee

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Chatterbox

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Loy Kee

• Swee Kee

• Tian Tian

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Wee Nam Kee

• Chin Chin

• Yet Con

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My fav food.
I usually visit hawker centre or old school kopitiam to try out the chicken rice.

The mentioned names imho, the taste, fragrance of the rice, sometime rice too dry, texture of the chicken skin, tenderness has dropped a little. Of cos they are commercialized and due to the reason they are maybe over commercialized, forgotten the root they succeed when they first produce a delicate juicy tasty chicken rice.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a relative that bought over the name but it led to a legal dispute and the whole thing fizzled out. Lots of elderly family and staff so no one else left. I know the son can cook and knows the recipe. He ended up cooking for other inmates at selarang park DRC.

what abt the supervisors chef n head waitress............ they can run ghost ship mah

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a relative that bought over the name but it led to a legal dispute and the whole thing fizzled out. Lots of elderly family and staff so no one else left. I know the son can cook and knows the recipe. He ended up cooking for other inmates at selarang park DRC.

theres a new swee kee at purvis st. is it related?

jw5

Loyal
My fav food.
I usually visit hawker centre or old school kopitiam to try out the chicken rice.

The mentioned names imho, the taste, fragrance of the rice, sometime rice too dry, texture of the chicken skin, tenderness has dropped a little. Of cos they are commercialized and due to the reason they are maybe over commercialized, forgotten the root they succeed when they first produce a delicate juicy tasty chicken rice.

Which hawker centre or kopitiam? :biggrin:

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hua kee - Redhill market.

today 2109 dec is the most awful chicken rice ever taste.dont believe you go down eat.
long are the days the parents is the chef.now got 2 partimers.
their rice taste like sand grains.chicken full of bllod lack the tenderness.

Insider Player

Alfrescian
Loyal
today 2109 dec is the most awful chicken rice ever taste.dont believe you go down eat.
Lousy ones are a dime a dozen no need mention.
I despise lousy chicken rice sellers.
chicken rice isnt a hard dish to do well
So it’s just plain laziness and no effort to do it well.
Those deserved to close shop

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes.!

Now, its damn lousy.

=JC=

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
For me this is the best

8C667DBB-6246-4B76-98CF-10FB6AF0DE25.jpeg

Sin Kee Famous Chicken Rice
40 Holland Dr, Singapore 270040
+65 8428 7865

https://g.co/kgs/Aq5e7e

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best roast chicken rice eastern chicken rice for their roasted chicken at whampoa market opens only from 9 am to 1pm...4d winners always bao whole store...still selling at 250...best white chicken ironically that I have tried is at a popular braise duck rice store along clementi ave 5...speaking of kampong chicken rice at thompson the white chicken rice store at shunfu market is also good...both these stores mentioned has the jelly layered skin which is an acquired taste...
eastern-chicken-rice_245x0_crop_245x155_73b2f5acac.jpg
33f7b1c33d333f547061664088_original.jpeg
15018761937_6a50862f73_b.jpg
6479495783_2e2b0b884e_z.jpg
Shunfu-Mart-Food-Centre-6.jpg