• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Hasselblad is on the verge of announcing a new camera

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that, you can have a $100,000 camera & still take JUNK photos....we are talking about cameras...

if for pro photographers like those national geographic then ok lah, but ordinary ppl buy 100k camera but skills kanasai, take liao pic come out even worse than using hp take :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if for pro photographers like those national geographic then ok lah, but ordinary ppl buy 100k camera but skills kanasai, take liao pic come out even worse than using hp take :biggrin:

like my sinkie sis. bought a very expensive camera meant for professionals, and she forgets to remove lens cap everytime she tries to snap. says camera is not working. and she slugs around a camera backpack with several lens which weighs her down when hiking up a hill.

Lohmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb never check dont anyhow fuck people hor, latest model somemore u dunno which hole you hiding?

Huawei-P9-smartphone-with-dual-camera-Leica-lens-system.jpg

this is not leica lens. huawei worked with leica to produce this. its still huawei lens.:biggrin:

Lohmee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know that, you can have a $100,000 camera & still take JUNK photos....we are talking about cameras...

DLSR will inspire you to tell professional quality pictures.

Handphones pictures are lousy when it comes to framing the correct shots.

schizo

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is not leica lens. huawei worked with leica to produce this. its still huawei lens.:biggrin:

ya then everything is made in china, iphone, rolls royce also setting up plant in partnership with tiong cos. so all are tiong brands

Bonsai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look like you are never into cameras...maybe the Kodak Instant Camera, INSTAMATIC? have you heard of?....or the China SEAGULL ?...

Was it the Mamiya the copy of the Hasselblad...?? gee, I could never afford of of the Hasselblad....dream of...!!.. The first camera I used to take photographs with was a Voigtlander simple camera, with few settings I found in the house & it was my first introductory to photography... in B/W...& the study of "grain".."exposure"...ha ha ha & that was a long time back...:biggrin:

Mamiya is no where near to Hasselblad. Hasselblad is a class of its own. The nearest that Mamiya takes on the big format was C33 more as an economical alternative to Rolleiflex. At a later stage, Mamiya 6x7was introduced as cheap alternative to Hasselblad. Hasselblad 500C had its own following and rules during 1970 and 1980

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats probably because they are at least 60 Megapixels. But without the software it comes along, Hassleblad is quite useless. Who goes on holiday and carry a camera and stand for every shot?

This was in the old days when they still used film. Back then I was very young:o It was the 1st time I had ever seen a Hasselblad. Nowadays you can get the same model 2nd hand in places like Peninsula

My friend didn't use a tripod. The photos he showed me were those taken on a skiing trip in Switzerland. He probably just had the camera & a 50mm lens

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I could never afford of of the Hasselblad....dream of...!!.. The first camera I used to take photographs with was a Voigtlander simple camera, with few settings I found in the house & it was my first introductory to photography... in B/W...& the study of "grain".."exposure"...ha ha ha & that was a long time back...:biggrin:

I still remember my 1st camera, a Diana:biggrin:

All the photos turned out blurry. So I was surprised that today you can still find this plastic camera being sold:smile:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont buy any expensive cameras until you know how to compose great pics!

I know of people who can take very nice pics with simple compact snapshooters. Once you've mastered some of the art, then go out and buy the camera that you fancy.

With the explosion in megapixels, it is no use if you dont have enough speed or memory to dump those pictures into yr archives.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is the Hasselblad X1D-50c:

[video=youtube;zQIxvY1ofXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQIxvY1ofXc[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Cameras are like cars. Each model is designed for a specific market segment.

This camera does not seem to fall into any of the practical categories ie sports/action, portrait, photojournalism, fashion/glamor.

A medium format camera with 50 Megapixels is not going to be used by those who want to snap images and upload them on the go because the files are massive... 30 to 40Mb.

The camera can't be used for sports events either because it does not have the sophisticated focus tracking abilities and the high iso capabilities to match the likes of the Nikon D5 and the Canon 1DX. The battery life good only for 300 images means it won't last more than 30 minutes of shooting at a fast paced event.

Pros won't use it at fashion shows because it does not look like a pro camera. Size does matter as a professional photographer. The battery life is inadequate for a fashion shoot too.

I can only conclude that it is for the snobs. :biggrin: It's like wearing a Rolex or driving a Bentley.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Where is Singveld? Please come back I miss you especially on subjects such as this.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;zQIxvY1ofXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQIxvY1ofXc[/video]

i have hair as thick and bushy as this guy and unshaven chin hair too........will this camera make me look like a respectable hipster when going around taking photos of school girls on atheletic fields and bikini babes on the beach?

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
why does camera phone have a stronger camera at the back then in front?i really dont want to be taking selfies.

Phone cams are all crap because :

1. The sensor is far too small and as a result is very noisy and has a narrow dynamic range.

2. The optics are inferior.

3. The shooting parameters aren't sufficiently customizable to enable some degree of control of what sort of image you want. The phone decides that on your behalf.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too started life with a Diana. And you are right it was always blurry. The shop guy developed the negatives and stopped as he saw that it was blurry. Tried a few times and gave up. I never got a single photo from it.

I still remember my 1st camera, a Diana:biggrin:

All the photos turned out blurry. So I was surprised that today you can still find this plastic camera being sold:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Singveld can do justice to this thread. We need to issue an APB on him. Not sure if he left an email that you can reach him on. I enjoyed reading the discussion when you guys engaged.

Where is Singveld? Please come back I miss you especially on subjects such as this.