• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ugly bitch Rui En charged with careless driving

Kenshi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rui En charged with careless driving for knocking down parked motorcycle, expected to plead guilty

ruien22.jpg

Rui En (centre) who was charged in court on June 22.ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Published 2 hours ago
Amir Hussain

SINGAPORE - Television actress Rui En was charged with careless driving on Wednesday (June 22).

The 35-year-old actress, who is not represented by a lawyer, told the court she intends to plead guilty.

The case has been adjourned to July 1.

She is accused of failing to have a proper control of her car when driving into a carpark near Block 331 Clementi Avenue 2 at about 4.15pm on April 12. She thus caused the vehicle to mount a kerb and crashed it into a parked motorcycle.

Rui En, who was accompanied to court by two women, appeared calm when her charge was read to her. She was dressed in a white top with a white jacket and wore a Hermes H belt, black trousers and Valentino shoes. She carried a Hermes Lindy bag.

Outside court, the Hype Records artiste told reporters she does not intend to engage a lawyer. In response to questions posed, she would only say in Mandarin: "Thanks for all your concern."

If convicted, she faces a fine of up to $1,000, jail of up to six months or both.

Rui En leaving the State Courts

The penalty for driving without due care and attention, or without reasonable consideration for other persons using the road, on a second subsequent conviction, is a fine of up to $2,000, jail of up to one year, or both.

It was reported earlier that the actress was assisting in the investigation of an incident on April 12 in which she knocked over a parked motorcycle at a carpark in front of Block 332 in Clementi Avenue 2.

Actress Rui En speaking after receiving her All Time Favourite Artiste Award yesterday. At the end of her speech, she moved away from the microphone and gave a deep bow.

Television star Rui En has apologised, after she was reported to be assisting the police in an investigation of an accident involving her car and a motorcycle.

Rui En had said she “misjudged a turn” and knocked over the motorcycle when she was on the way home at about 4pm.

Apologising for the incident at the Star Awards in April, she told the audience: “Regarding the recent incident – it’s still under investigation, so before the full report is out, I hope you can all forgive me.

“I’m unable to answer the media at this point, but I hope to apologise for whatever inconveniences this has caused... I am very sorry.”

She has also apologised for the controversy over her remarks to the owner of the motorcycle, Mr Bahrom Sarmiten.

Mr Bahrom, 52, told the media earlier that he was walking to the carpark when he saw Rui En's black BMW knocking over his bike.

He said the actress asked “Do you know who I am?” when he approached her.

Explaining her remarks later, Rui En told the media that Mr Bahrom kept knocking on the window of her car as if she might “run away from the scene”.

She added: “In my state of anxiety, I told him, ‘Do you know who I am? I live upstairs and won’t run’.”

Kenshi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rui En fined $700 for hitting motorbike in April

ST_20160702_ECLUL6VW_2411944-329x726.jpg

Rui En was fined $700 for driving without due care and attention, after she lost control of her car and hit a motorcycle in a carpark.Rui En was fined $700 for driving without due care and attention, after she lost control of her car and hit a motorcycle in a carpark. ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Published Jul 2, 2016, 5:00 am SGT
Elena Chong
Court Correspondent

Television actress Rui En was fined $700 in a traffic court yesterday for driving without due care and attention.

The 35-year-old, whose full name is Lu Rui En, pleaded guilty to failing to control her BMW properly while driving into a carpark near Block 331 Clementi Avenue 2 on April 12 this year.

The car mounted a kerb and hit a parked motorcycle belonging to Mr Bahrom Sarmiten, 51, at about 4.15 pm that day.

Rui En was accompanied by her manager and a friend.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Shahla Iqbal said Rui En was returning home and driving along Clementi Avenue 2 that day when she lost control of the car after turning right into the carpark.

The car mounted the kerb and hit the parked motorcycle. Both vehicles were slightly damaged as a result of the accident.

Rui En had nothing to say in mitigation.

The prosecution had sought a fine of $600 to $800 and a driving ban of three to four months. But District Judge Carol Ling did not impose the driving ban.

She said in this case, Rui En's handling of her car caused no personal injury and only slight property damage.

Rui En could have been fined up to $1,000 and jailed for up to six months for the offence.

After she paid the fine, she told media outside State Courts she was very relieved she could put the whole episode behind her.

"I will bear full responsibility for my mistake, and I will be cautious not to let this thing happen again," she said in English.

She said she was "very, very sorry'' for having caused problems and inconvenience to people, such as her management company Hype Records, friends and family.

"Moving on, I really, really hope to improve. I really hope to come back better, stronger and to give you guys a new Rui En."

She then spoke in Mandarin,delivering a similar message.

She then bowed before leaving in a white Honda Civic .

It is understood that Mr Bahrom has been compensated through insurance for the damage to his motorcycle.