• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Alfa Romeo

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any bros driven Alfa Lor Maing cars? Comments please - servicing and spare parts.

Am thinking of buying a 6-7 yr old Alfa. The latest hb model is chio but beyond my budget.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
forget older alfas unless you have a vintage or classic for collection. buy the new 4c. crappy maintenance but better than older alfas which are 6-7 year old.

image.jpg

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any bros driven Alfa Lor Maing cars? Comments please - servicing and spare parts.

Am thinking of buying a 6-7 yr old Alfa. The latest hb model is chio but beyond my budget.

Buying continental is asking for trouble unless you are feeding off the PAP trough.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would never buy a car with a name as gay and italian as alfa romeo.however if it is a brand of dog food i would gladly buy it.i need my dog to be as alpha male and mgtow as tonychat.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would never buy a car with a name as gay and italian as alfa romeo.however if it is a brand of dog food i would gladly buy it.i need my dog to be as alpha male and mgtow as tonychat.

way before fellali left and started on his own, alfa lomeo was the king and powerhouse of the race track.

image.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alfas now got no more boxer engines. No point buying. If really must then buy the new 4C like bro mentioned.
My last Alfa was the GTV.....some 20 years ago....interesting story behind this.....Europa pubs (Dennis Foo) then gave this car and another model the Spyder in a lucky draw for members. A group of us 5 friends and I won it....remembered the prize giving ceremony was in its east coast parkway outlet. The car was worth $120k then. We decided to rotate driving the car each person per week. After 3 months we sold it off for $100k and spilt the money.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
way before fellali left and started on his own, alfa lomeo was the king and powerhouse of the race track.

View attachment 27115

thats an eyesore to be seen driving down the rustic long winding roads down the countryside of normandy or the beautiful coasts of italy,as seen from the panoramic view of a seagull soaring high among the thermal coils of the sea carrying a go pro camera.thats why i always choose the porsche 356 or porsche 911.im not really a car guy but after playing need for speed porsche unleashed my favourite car simulation game of all time,i decided im a classic porsche man.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats an eyesore to be seen driving down the rustic long winding roads down the countryside of normandy or the beautiful coasts of italy,as seen from the panoramic view of a seagull soaring high among the thermal coils of the sea carrying a go pro camera.thats why i always choose the porsche 356 or porsche 911.im not really a car guy but after playing need for speed porsche unleashed my favourite car simulation game of all time,i decided im a classic porsche man.

that was in 1936 in the mille miglia. in 1947 after the war heads would turn with this. it will still turn heads and hooters today if you drive along highway 1.

image.jpg

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Any bros driven Alfa Lor Maing cars? Comments please - servicing and spare parts. Am thinking of buying a 6-7 yr old Alfa. The latest hb model is chio but beyond my budget.
I love Alfas. The classic Guilia is my favourite, beautiful clean lines. I liked the Alfa designs and the handling, and also the older ones are a good bargain. But very afraid of the maintenance and the availability of parts. PM me and let me know how your search is going.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Italian cars are different. Have their own character.alfa romeo used to be owned by itslian gomen. But now under same company that owns fiat and chrysler.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that was in 1936 in the mille miglia. in 1947 after the war heads would turn with this. it will still turn heads and hooters today if you drive along highway 1.

View attachment 27116

Oh yeah,that would turn heads and hooters alright if u drove that down park avenue dressed like Mr monopoly moneybags with top hat,moustache and cane.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buying continental is asking for trouble unless you are feeding off the PAP trough.

I am thinking Alfa cos I haven't driven an Italian car. Also, I need to be a 'Romeo' to tackle SYTs. After 3-4 yrs driving an Alfa, I will switch to a Korean brand. My monthly pension and $ from RWS gives me a comfortable lifestyle.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I love Alfas. The classic Guilia is my favourite, beautiful clean lines. I liked the Alpha designs and the handling, and also the older ones are a good bargain. But very afraid of the maintenance and the availability of parts. PM me and let me know how your search is going.

Will do bro. Am looking at the 2.2 or 2.3 version. Depreciation is attractive - about 12-14k which is similar to Jap cars. If Jap car, I am looking at the mark x.

Yes, parts can be a headache. Other than bmw, merc, Audi and vw, the rest can be a problem. Drove a car previously and workshop told me to wait 2-4 wks for the parts to arrive!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i spotted clones talking to themselves in this thread.. This is fucking weird.. another therapy session?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. I have owned and driven an Alfa Romeo before, and it didn't take me long to realize what a "lemon" is. Unless it is your second car for leisurely drives to the country club, it is not a dependable workhorse for daily commutes to work. Worse still if you are a salesman who depend on your car for multiple daily customer visits (like I was). The car spends more time in the mechanic's garage than on the road. Breaks down frequently, the electrics were a nightmare (along with the aircon, ventilation, gauges, all fucked up!) If its my own money to purchase a car, I'd only go for Japanese (or some Korean) models. Go with Toyota or Honda. They're the best!

BTW, the Alfa agent, Milan Auto, should be more correctly named Mafia Auto! Bad experience with their spare parts supply (or lack of!)

Cheers!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. I have owned and driven an Alfa Romeo before, and it didn't take me long to realize what a "lemon" is. Unless it is your second car for leisurely drives to the country club, it is not a dependable workhorse for daily commutes to work. Worse still if you are a salesman who depend on your car for multiple daily customer visits (like I was). The car spends more time in the mechanic's garage than on the road. Breaks down frequently, the electrics were a nightmare (along with the aircon, ventilation, gauges, all fucked up!) If its my own money to purchase a car, I'd only go for Japanese (or some Korean) models. Go with Toyota or Honda. They're the best!

BTW, the Alfa agent, Milan Auto, should be more correctly named Mafia Auto! Bad experience with their spare parts supply (or lack of!)

Cheers!

what about a porsche 356 or porsche 911?have u owned one of those?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope. After having the Alfa, I emigrated to Canada. And I stuck to Japanese brands ever since. No intention of owning anything non-Japanese for my daily commutes. Friend of mine bought a Piaggo Scooter, and looks like Italian bikes (and scooters) are in the same category as their auto counterparts - unreliable. My next car, I am interested in an electric car, or if I'm in Singapore, a Toyota Prius.

Cheers!

what about a porsche 356 or porsche 911?have u owned one of those?