• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Company I admired in Singapore owned by Singaporean

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Creative Technology. I can't think of any other that make it to the world stage. Please spare me the trauma of those owned by GLC or related to it.

Those that I looked down upon.

1) Companies with many directors associated with PAP.

2) Companies hit with corruption case but swiftly swept under the carpet.

2) Small businesses engaged in fighting, brawls and what not that make news in our tabloit papers.

3) The grinning faces, pet of GLC, and people working for RC, always came in full attendance under PAP beck and calls.

4) Family inherited business, whose young children assumed "leadership" roles.

What services did Singapore bring to the world? I am not asking too much the like of Ebay, paypal, alibaba, amazon, yahoo, google, Microsoft, Intel..just to name a few. I mean, at least, we should have entrepeneur the like of go-daddy, diggs, etsy...etc

MOE and PAP is a complete failure that runs deep. No wonder Ho Jinx lost billions of dollars trying to act smart.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did until Sim did the rights issue where he unloaded his worthless stock to vulnerable and ignorant Singaporeans. The main reason cited was to find their premises and labs in Jurong. To be fair, the prospectus did mention he unloading a % of his stock. It never went North ever.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u gotta be joking right?iv ranted many times about this guy in the past.....here are some of them.

.........................................................................................................................................................

any tech company sim wong hoo touch will turn to dust,he is the harbinger and the reaper of technology,he is the only entrepreneur and self made billionaire in the world to lose 90 percent of a billion dollars.....no one can be a worse ceo than him,not even john sculley former ceo of apple.stupid man should have kept to selling sugared water.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

maybe creative will rise from the ashes again,when im rich enough i will make a offer to buy over the company from Sim for 10 cents on the dollar.the market cap is already down to 95 mil my god,even the building they sold 2 years ago is worth more than that.what is he clinging on to?selling some bluetooth speakers?the company will never turn around with Sim wong hoo in charge,he is the source of the cancer.he murdered 3 billion dollars for god sake.

........................................................................................................................................................................

whats more impressive is at his peak,his networth was worth over $1 billion(creative share was worth $60 and he had 3 ipos in USA and SG and raised hundreds of millions) and he managed to blew all of it away over the next 15 years.that is the mark of a world class idiot,i dunno which is more impressive,the fact that u funded ur own company with 100k or the fact u had 1 billion and manage to lose it all,last i check his networth was only 100 million in 2007 and since then creative had
12 consecutive quarters of losses,i doubt hes even worth a fraction of that now.bugger is not even rich enough to be in the list of top 50 richest singaporeans.and it wasnt even because he lost his fortune in a stock market crash or something,he just bled like a stuck pig over 15 years,destroying one of the biggest fortunes in Singapore history.if ever there was a darwin award of all time for business,sim wong hoo deserves it.

if any of my CEOS in my companies in my future conglomerate is as fucktarded as Sim Wong Hoo,i will not hesitate to send them off to the firing squad and not wait 15 years to do it.

....................................................................................................................................................................

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sim Wong how is just another sorry example of a loser sinkie.got lucky once and afterwards faded into oblivion.a spark like a lightning strike before being engulfed by darkness.

Calling Sim Wong how a true blooded entrepreneur is a insult to other entrepreneurs and great businessman.

Never before in history has anyone witness a man with a billion dollar net worth dribble away into nothing over the next 20 years.to blow a billion dollars in a sinking business is mind blowing.
The level of incompetence surpass even that of SMRT.

Creative could have been a giant today like Microsoft or Sony or other Korean companies but today it does not stand a chance even against regular mall retailers like Harvey Norman or challenger.
I suspect pap rejected him because they knew he was a terrible businessman.u can usually tell when a person is a terrible businessman and a terrible strategist by sounding them out for 30 mins.

........................................................................................................................................................................

in singapore there is the circle of life.....if u did not graduate from RI or the circle of elite schools u are doomed,even being a billionaire Poly graduate cant help u,as evident by fucktard Sim wong hoo.sinkies are born to lose.

compare one sinkie billionaire to another,sim wong hoo graduate from singapore poly,rose to fame from sound card and sound blaster from his days of tinkering with computers at sim lim square,currently digging in canal and drains for spare change to rescue his dieing company......peter lim,accounts and finance grad from RI,drove Taxi and work as waiter......became billionaire from palm oil,medical and hospital services and real estate investments.still alive and kicking today.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I admire Temasek Holdings and Mdm Ho. No other Singaporean company grew at 17% compounded year on year.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Failure is part and parcel of life. What I admired about Creative Technology is its dare and boldness to step beyond Singapore shores. Sim was once a poster boy of Singapore, and being sucked at by our govt. Today, we see many bosses sucking the govt instead and kept begging GIC or PA for a job or two that adds no value in the world of knowledge. All I heard was road hammering and wall knocking by these RC "businessman". Let's be fair that whenever we heard or saw a sound blasters in any shapes or brand, Sim Wong Hoo always came to mind as pioneer in this technology.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Failure is part and parcel of life. What I admired about Creative Technology is its dare and boldness to step beyond Singapore shores. Sim was once a poster boy of Singapore, and being sucked at by our govt. Today, we see many bosses sucking the govt instead and kept begging GIC or PA for a job or two that adds no value in the world of knowledge. All I heard was road hammering and wall knocking by these RC "businessman". Let's be fair that whenever we heard or saw a sound blasters in any shapes or brand, Sim Wong Hoo always came to mind as pioneer in this technology.

Have to agree with frenchbriefs on sim. As a businessman i rate him on par with kk fong. People who way over-rate their own business acumen. Using your definition i would say khong guan. I am sure there are plenty more.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when creative labs was at her peak she could have set up her hq and r&d in the valley, go ipo with nasdaq, and hire talent in the valley to run it. instead, the management i met in their office in milpitas were sinkies imported from sg, myopic, satisfied, arrogant, proud, and most important, lacking vision and understanding of the extremely competitive landscape of the u.s. market. ang mo's who worked for them left quickly after dealing with sinkie management.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
when creative labs was at her peak she could have set up her hq and r&d in the valley, go ipo with nasdaq, and hire talent in the valley to run it. instead, the management i met in their office in milpitas were sinkies imported from sg, myopic, satisfied, arrogant, proud, and most important, lacking vision and understanding of the extremely competitive landscape of the u.s. market. ang mo's who worked for them left quickly after dealing with sinkie management.

My ex boss as well as other service vendors who dealt with Creative told me it is just another 'local' Sinkie firm that does not see the big picture with Ai pi Ai chi attitude. Worst is they have many local management of the variety who hide in corners play political games. I stop respecting Sinkie firm when I learnt that even such an 'outsider' behaves in the same loser manner.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

As a PAP-paid consultant, this kind of posting won't get you any cookie points with your boss, JohnTan. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My ex boss as well as other service vendors who dealt with Creative told me it is just another 'local' Sinkie firm that does not see the big picture with Ai pi Ai chi attitude. Worst is they have many local management of the variety who hide in corners play political games. I stop respecting Sinkie firm when I learnt that even such an 'outsider' behaves in the same loser manner.

the same ugly sinkie behavior is exhibited here on sbf: territorial, bitchy vindictiveness, political, attention-seeking, whorish, gossipy, cliquish, one upsmanship, wrong most of the time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a PAP-paid consultant, this kind of posting won't get you any cookie points with your boss, JohnTan. :biggrin:

i'm not paid, thus can speak my mind. the pmo will understand and agree with me. sg can produce great tech workers from poly and ntu. workers not bosses. management and ideation are best left to seasoned hands from the valley, and that's exactly what valley investors are doing in sg by acquisition, setting up offices and presence.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even with the billions of dumb money in the valley,the dumb money could see creative was too dumb for them.creative was more of a one hit product and not a company.he could never be like apple even back in the Macintosh days.he should have just licensed his sound card technology to whoever wanted it instead of suing them and go retire on a beach and collected a $2.50 royalty on each card sold,last year in 2015 over 300 mil pcs and laptops were sold.if he established himself as a brand and global force in sound card technology,even just cornering 10 percent of the market will make him mark zuckerburg rich.if he showed up on my tv show and asked me for an investment with his balance sheet I would have thrown him out of the window.believe me its hard to say no to a man with 100 million bucks but not when he had 1 billion and lost it all.

Last edited:

blueRad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask any young sinkie what is Creative and they most likely give you a blank stare.

Now China is Creative greastest lifeline. Uniquely Singapore indeed.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask any young sinkie what is Creative and they most likely give you a blank stare.

Now China is Creative greastest lifeline. Uniquely Singapore indeed.

creative should be used as a case study in every jc and uni textbook on how not to run a SG business.the purpose of sim wong hoo's life is to serve as a warning to others on how not to turn a golden opportunity of a lifetime into titanic the greatest tragedy of a lifetime.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

if im not wrong,i believe creative ipoed three times,twice in america and once in sg at the peak of the tech bubble in 2000?thats how he got his billion dollar valution?