• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Recruit Express Services

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met some young Singaporean adults during the weekend. One was a Diploma graduate from Temasek Poly and another a degree holder from NUS. Both have been looking for abt a year. Both have served their NS. They have applied to Careers@Gov and have not been called up for interviews. In their desperation, they have approached Recruit Express in at Ngee Ann City for part-time, fulltime or contract jobs.

Despite six months of Recruit Express searching, the only jobs offered to them were part-time Retail Associates paying $6.50 to $7 per hour or 1yr contracts getting abt $1.5k per month.

This is the sad situation most SG graduates are facing despite pap's election slogan "With You, For You and For Singapore"

There are no meaningful or good jobs for Singaporean graduates. The pap insists that Singaporeans are choosy but the jobs availabe are Retail Associates, cleaners, sweepers, etc. SG parents have spent their life savings to send their sons and daugthers to NUS and Polys upon their graduation, Singaporean young adults face with joblessness.

If pap doesnt want to know the true situation on the ground facing Singaporeans, the situation will get worse in the next three years. When Singaporeans dont have meaningful jobs, there will be no purcahsing power and the SG economy will go into a tail spin.

Wake up, PAP

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Singapore graduates are garbage. Seriously. Yaya papaya, mostly brain washed by the local (also garbage) media that they going to get $3K-$5K on graduation.

Low IQ, unattractive (generally applies to the bad Singapore coolie genes), lack EQ (growing up in a cultural desert), no passion.

Stop asking why PAP/Government does not provide jobs. I am no PAP supporter, but I do not hang around to wait for people to "give" me opportunities, be it business or career.

These are the same useless garbage that every election to vote for PAP, waiting for "FOC" goodies to fulfill their empty meaningless existence.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that should be "wake up, Singaporeans"..... or should it be both wake up? :smile:

Singaporeans have done their part to study hard and get the qualifications and skills. The pap must get the macro economy and general policies right to make SG industries and businesses competitive. With good businesses and right govt policies, SG will prosper. But the pap has killed SG businesses with high land costs, high rental costs, too many levies, hidden taxes that cause costs of doing business to be prohibitively high.

PAP has dropped the ball and must wake up.

Singaporeans have to wake up and know that PAP is not with them, pap is not for them and pap policies kill SG

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Singapore graduates are garbage. Seriously. Yaya papaya, mostly brain washed by the local (also garbage) media that they going to get $3K-$5K on graduation.

Low IQ, unattractive (generally applies to the bad Singapore coolie genes), lack EQ (growing up in a cultural desert), no passion.

Stop asking why PAP/Government does not provide jobs. I am no PAP supporter, but I do not hang around to wait for people to "give" me opportunities, be it business or career.

These are the same useless garbage that every election to vote for PAP, waiting for "FOC" goodies to fulfill their empty meaningless existence.

Speak with credibility and dont rubbish people who are suffering under pap's bad policies

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans have done their part to study hard and get the qualifications and skills. The pap must get the macro economy and general policies right to make SG industries and businesses competitive. With good businesses and right govt policies, SG will prosper. But the pap has killed SG businesses with high land costs, high rental costs, too many levies, hidden taxes that cause costs of doing business to be prohibitively high.

PAP has dropped the ball and must wake up.

Singaporeans have to wake up and know that PAP is not with them, pap is not for them and pap policies kill SG

You are the one who is brainwashed by the local media that there are many jobs in the economy and that Singaporeans are choosy and dont want to work.

PAP's strategy is to push the blame onto Singaporeans instead of acknowledging the truth. And it is garbage like you who believe the pap

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only beggars approach recruit express.
This bloody Chee bye agency does not offer any decent jobs. Period.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I could write an extremely long article on my experiences in getting work or a job here, but forget it; years ago, when I was 'preaching' the ills of a government that has been too long in power, nobody wants to listen. I was labeled "harbinger of bad tidings' & others names. Never mind, many are experiencing it today & I have left the loop & unshackle myself from the salaried work & being my own boss.

If the new graduates can't find work, how about those from 35 years of age upwards, those from 50years upwards....do not get cheated by the articles written in the local presses on jobs for graduates for the whatever age..they will catch a few, willing to help them sell the "feel good" spirits.

I have registered in the government agency that find you work, before they were known as careers@gov & whatever the name is today..for many years I updated my profile, change my needs & salary expectation to as low as $800....it had never found me any work...& I have tried those listed in that job sites...a few examples of getting turned away, even I asked for a salary of $1,100 later $800, " you are too old for the job", " you are too qualified", " you are too experience", "this is a young people environment", " this is a woman only work place"....

On top of that, I have attended interviews in companies that have, many " Indian Nationals", " Filipinos", " Mostly Malaysians" etc...

Why don't we all just join the PAP after we graduate, or join their affiliate PA....or the government service & the GLC's....since these are the only organization that offer, lifelong titanium rice bowls jobs...& in bad economic environments, you still can f#$^$^k up the job, you do not get sack & still receive bonuses...

Why don't we all WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT.....

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I could write an extremely long article on my experiences in getting work or a job here, but forget it; years ago, when I was 'preaching' the ills of a government that has been too long in power, nobody wants to listen. I was labeled "harbinger of bad tidings' & others names. Never mind, many are experiencing it today & I have left the loop & unshackle myself from the salaried work & being my own boss.

If the new graduates can't find work, how about those from 35 years of age upwards, those from 50years upwards....do not get cheated by the articles written in the local presses on jobs for graduates for the whatever age..they will catch a few, willing to help them sell the "feel good" spirits.

I have registered in the government agency that find you work, before they were known as careers@gov & whatever the name is today..for many years I updated my profile, change my needs & salary expectation to as low as $800....it had never found me any work...& I have tried those listed in that job sites...a few examples of getting turned away, even I asked for a salary of $1,100 later $800, " you are too old for the job", " you are too qualified", " you are too experience", "this is a young people environment", " this is a woman only work place"....

On top of that, I have attended interviews in companies that have, many " Indian Nationals", " Filipinos", " Mostly Malaysians" etc...

Why don't we all just join the PAP after we graduate, or join their affiliate PA....or the government service & the GLC's....since these are the only organization that offer, lifelong titanium rice bowls jobs...& in bad economic environments, you still can f#$^$^k up the job, you do not get sack & still receive bonuses...

Even Chiew can get part time work with 1k salary. I don't think if you lower your salary to 1k then can't even get a full time job.

Nowadays cleaner also can earn up to 1k, u work or not?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you for speaking the truth and sharing your experience. Hopefully, more Singaporeans will realise that the PAP does do what it say...PAP is not with Singaporeans and PAP is not for Singaporeans. PAP is working for its own pockets

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Chiew can get part time work with 1k salary. I don't think if you lower your salary to 1k then can't even get a full time job.

Nowadays cleaner also can earn up to 1k, u work or not?

Can you say that PAP is with you and pap is for you when it can only create cleaner jobs for you at $1k per month after you have studied 12 years up to Poly Diploma and served two years NS?

Can you say that pap is a good govt when it cant attract good businesses into SG?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
this confirms that recruit express is nothing but a sweatshop for kiddy labour.

Yes, Recruit Express cant offer meaningful jobs to Diploma and Degree job seekers. But can anyone? or is the lack of meaningful jobs the result of pap's mismanagement of SG's economy?

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stop dreaming that PAP government will be "gone". This PAP government and its minions ARE NOT Sun Wu Kong, some entity that blew out from a ROCK. They are from the very same Sinkies they serve/abuse.

Face it that this local culture is MONEY-MONEY-MONEY, YOU-DIE-YOUR-OWN-BIZ, DO-I-GET-ANY-ADVANTAGE-FROM-YOU? . It will not change until the whole country collapse onto itself. This is already proven again and again in history by collapsing dynasties and self-destructive civilisation.

The country across the causeway Malaysia is the same. Laziness and easy-money is ingrained into the genes of MATS. Will never change.

No use sitting there complaining. The fact that you still try to use government job portals to apply for jobs just prove how brain-dead you are when its a known fact that those portals are for WAYANG.

Either you go out there join politics, show the local brain-dead populace what can be done better (ultimately it is about making more $$$), otherwise find your way out of this tiny red-dot or find ways to be of value.

I will include the video below. End of the day it is really YOURSELF, and no one else.

https://youtu.be/o3cNDjBSlVg

toothpick

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the one who is brainwashed by the local media that there are many jobs in the economy and that Singaporeans are choosy and dont want to work.

PAP's strategy is to push the blame onto Singaporeans instead of acknowledging the truth. And it is garbage like you who believe the pap

From post #6 ,how come you so rude to yourself ?:*:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Personally, I think recruitment agencies are mostly liar, just like sales people. They offered very lousy job at a premium and they will blacklist candidate if they don't take it. Unless the company has no HR or having very lousy HR, I would not even consider having recruitment agencies to recruit staff for me, for a fees. Some people even told me that Recruit agencies can be intimidating to aspiring candidate. Singapore is over saturated with recruitment agencies. Each day, several larger recruitment firms will throw out dozens of fictitious roles to ensure their brand are known in the market.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I think recruitment agencies are mostly liar, just like sales people. They offered very lousy job at a premium and they will blacklist candidate if they don't take it. Unless the company has no HR or having very lousy HR, I would not even consider having recruitment agencies to recruit staff for me, for a fees. Some people even told me that Recruit agencies can be intimidating to aspiring candidate. I find Singapore too saturated with recruitment agencies and each day, you see them threw out doesn't of fictitious roles which I suspect is meant to keep their brand know.

Good that you share your views abt bad recruitment agencies. I believe that the power if information is important. If recruitment agencies are not sincere and dont serve well despite getting agency fees, they will soon be redundant.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good that you share your views abt bad recruitment agencies. I believe that the power if information is important. If recruitment agencies are not sincere and dont serve well despite getting agency fees, they will soon be redundant.

The recruitment agencies (for Singapore white collar or service jobs) are there to serve their clients (who PAY them on securing warm bodies to the seats). They dont owe you a living.

The fact the HR are using them is to shield the company from "hard-selling" ai-pi-ai-chi jobs to potential candidates. If the job is so attractive (responsibility plus salary), the HR can bloody hell advertise themselves and easily secure candidates.

I am surprised at the level of stupidity of the people here. Low levels of IQ that rivals that old uncles who "found love" with ATBs, kenna cheated then go Wanbao to complain. LOL.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The recruitment agencies (for Singapore white collar or service jobs) are there to serve their clients (who PAY them on securing warm bodies to the seats). They dont owe you a living.

The fact the HR are using them is to shield the company from "hard-selling" ai-pi-ai-chi jobs to potential candidates. If the job is so attractive (responsibility plus salary), the HR can bloody hell advertise themselves and easily secure candidates.

I am surprised at the level of stupidity of the people here. Low levels of IQ that rivals that old uncles who "found love" with ATBs, kenna cheated then go Wanbao to complain. LOL.

You missed the important point. No one is talking abt anyone owing people a living. The point is that there is no meaningful job available in SG for Singaporeans who worked hard to get a Diploma or a Degree.