• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Forum upgraded to SSL - a few bugs working on it now

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Forum upgraded to SSL

So?? What can users like us expect to experience, to see and to hear?
I don't understand your question. You see exactly the same forum, the same content and if you post rubbish you still see rubbish.The only difference it that the rubbish is encrypted to and from the server.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hmm... ssl for credit card transactions, web emails, i can't think of reason using ssl for forum postings???

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

I don't understand your question. You see exactly the same forum, the same content and if you post rubbish you still see rubbish.The only difference it that the rubbish is encrypted to and from the server.
Lemme put it this way: why is there a need to encrypt rubbish to and from the server?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Lemme put it this way: why is there a need to encrypt rubbish to and from the server?
Lemme put it this way... In the old days we sent txt messages which were not encrypted at all. All the logs sat in the server at the Telcos and any technician who had access to the logs could read everything you sent and received. Now instant messenging like whatsapp is encrypted. Only the sender and recipient can read the messages. They cannot be hijacked en route.The same now applies to the forum. It's just a case of moving with the times with regards to privacy in this uncertain world we live in.Just working on few bugs at the moment eg the wysiwyg icons are not showing. Should be fixed soon.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
doesn't make sense at all, you are just too free. what gain can someone intercept forummers postings??

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
doesn't make sense at all, you are just too free. what gain can someone intercept forummers postings??
Postings may be public but what about your password, the stuff you exchange via PM which might contain personal details of your life which you would not want made public? There is nothing wrong with adding more privacy. It will definitely add value in the long run.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Postings may be public but what about your password, the stuff you exchange via PM which might contain personal details of your life which you would not want made public? There is nothing wrong with adding more privacy. It will definitely add value in the long run.

so des ne...

you have been reading my PMs, izzit? it's nothing secretive and many know that i have been talking bad behind your back.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looks like http attempts to the singsupplies site is redirected to the sammyboy dns. the main singsupplies page is up, but if you click on any section, it points you to the https sammyboy page.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
looks like http attempts to the singsupplies site is redirected to the sammyboy dns. the main singsupplies page is up, but if you click on any section, it points you to the https sammyboy page.
Yes cloudflare makes this all rather confusing. Working on it.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think eventually I may understand your message. However, for folks like this old man all that matters is "Neber mind if it is a white or black cat, if can catch mouse it is a good cat."

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Only the sender and recipient can read the messages. They cannot be hijacked en route.The same now applies to the forum.
Using the example of messaging to justify the implementation of encryption of forum posts requires a big stretch of the imagination. Anyways, this is your forum and you can do whatever you like with it.

Good luck :smile:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing wrong with adding more privacy. It will definitely add value in the long run.
How much in US$ do you have to pay for upgrading the forum to SSL? Are you charged monthly, half-yearly or annually for the SSL service?