• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Tan Wah Piow trying to be relevant

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no way he is going to return of Singapore even if the conviction is quashed. Phey Yew Kok was not even an eyewitness to the rioting. Not sure where this is going. His error was not appealing in order to be a martyr. He letter does not seem to be one from an Oxford law grad.

Tan Wah Piow to AGC: Phey ‘s criminality is more than adequate in law to render 1975 conviction unsafe 0
BY ONLINECITIZEN ON JUNE 17, 2016 CURRENT AFFAIRS, LEGAL
Singapore exile and lawyer, Tan Wah Piow has just replied to Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) on their response to his earlier request for the convictions in 1975 against him and another two individuals to be quashed in view of the conviction against former NTUC secretary-general and People's Action Party Member of Parliament, Phey Yew Kok on 22 January.

In AGC's reply to Tan on 31 May 2016, it wrote that the conviction upon the three can only be quashed through the Singapore court and that they did not appeal their conviction in 1975.

Tan in his reply, reiterated to AGC that the new evidence about Phey's criminality is more than adequate in law to render the 1975 conviction upon him and the other two individuals unsafe.

Read - Phey Yew Kok has the “temerity to instigate his staff to fabricate false evidence

Tan wrote, "once the facts of Phey Yew Kok's nefarious activities in the 1973-79 period are known, it is no longer tenable for the Attorney-General to ignore the issue of the miscarriage of justice in my case. This is because it was the defence case that Phey Yew Kok was the architect of the frame-up."

Tan, Ng Wah Leng and Yap Kim Hong were accused of being a member of an unlawful assembly, committing criminal trespass and the offence of rioting on or about 30 October 1974 at about 11 am at the office of the Singapore Pioneer Industries Employees' Union (PIEU) and charged under Section 147 of the Penal Code.

The three accused were tried at the First District Court before Judge Mr T S Sinnathuray and finally convicted after a 47-day trial which started on the 10th December 1974.

Tan had consistently maintained that Phey had framed him and other unionists for the riots in the mid-1970s. Read here for full story - The Phey Yew Kok affair.

In his letter, Tan called upon Mr VK Rajah, the Attorney-General to do the right thing, "and especially one who professes to want to instill public confidence in the administration of justice, it is incumbent upon you to erase this blot."

AGC notes that Tan's points about Phey's charges of fraud are entirely unrelated to his conviction on charges of rioting as Phey could not and did not give material evidence to the incident. It further referred to the judge had convicted him after hearing all the evidence and gave his reasons for doing so.

Below is the full letter sent by Tan Wah Piow to the Attorney-General

Thank you for the letter of the 31 May 2016.

The jurisdiction point I take issue with your assertion that " have asked the Attorney-General to quash (my] your conviction. However, in Singapore this can only be done by the Court." You are of course right on the jurisdiction point, but my letter of 28° January 2016 invited you "to take all necessary steps" to quash the convictions against each of the three defendants.

The step or steps you could take are as follows:
(a) The AG lodging a motion to the court to quash the convictions of the three defendants in the 1974-5 case on the basis that in the light of the 2016 conviction of Phey Yew Kok, the verdicts were no longer safe.
(b) If such a motion can only be lodged by a defendant under current law, the AG could recommend the government to amend the law to grant such rights to the AG.
(c) Alternatively, the AG could indicate to the defendants that if they were to submit an application to the court to quash the convictions, the AG would not oppose such an application.
(d) As a last resort, the AG could advise the Government to pass an Act of Parliament to quash the 1975 convictions.

The relevance of Judge Jennifer Marie's remarks

You claim that Judge Jennifer Marie's sentencing remarks on Phey Yew Kok were "entirely unrelated to your conviction on charges of rioting in 1975" .

I believe your proposition is wrong. Judge Marie's remarks touched on the evil deeds and character of Phey Yew Kok during the 1973 to 1979 period. Although those remarks relate to the specific charges before her, they nevertheless impinge on the character and credibility of Phey Yew Kok at the time when he gave evidence as a prosecution witness in the 1974 "rioting" case.

The criminality of Phey Yew Kok was central to the defence case during the trial. I raised the issue of Phey's criminality when I cross-examined him. That was disallowed by the Judge, and Phey was released as a witness. By his own volition, Phey returned to court the following morning to assert his "good character". He told the court that he had no criminal record.

We now know, following his 2016 conviction that Phey was economical with the truth. In fact at the time when he asserted his good character at my trial in 1974, he was actually in the midst of a criminal enterprise to embezzle trade union funds.

It is therefore my submission that once the facts of Phey Yew Kok's nefarious activities in the 1973-79 period are known, it is no longer tenable for the Attorney-General to ignore the issue of the miscarriage of justice in my case. This is because it was the defence case that Phey Yew Kok was the architect of the frame-up.

The relevance of Phey Yew Kok's physically presence at the "riot" I further take issue with the following assertion in your letter: "Mr Phey was not present at the rioting incident on 305 October 1974. He could not and did not give evidence as to what happened during the incident."

It is not in dispute that Phey was not present on the 30th October when his own trade union officials overturned the furniture, and smashed the glass panels of their own office to fabricate a 'riot'. Phey Yew Kok's absence at the scene does not undermine the defence case that he was responsible for the frame-up, and the "riot" was fabricated to advance his agenda. In conspiracy cases, the real mastermind is often absent from the scene of the crime.

The question of Judge T S Sinnathuray In your effort to avoid addressing the narrow issue which I had posed, namely the conviction was unsafe because of the new evidence about Phey Yew Kok, you relied on the records of the trial prepared by Judge T S Sinnathuray a depository of "truth" about the case.

I had scrupulously avoided raising the issue of Judge T S Sinnathuray's handling of the trial because I believe that the new evidence about Phey Yew Kok's criminality is more than adequate in law to render the 1975 conviction unsafe.

However, since you have chosen to use T S Sinnathuray's records as a defence for your reluctance to act, I must draw your attention to what went on in, and outside the court beyond what you could glean from the judge's "comprehensive written decision".

I enclose herein Dr G Raman's Foreword to the book Smokescreens and Mirrors. His recollection about the trial is invaluable as he was the defence lawyer for one of the defendants. G Raman is a well respected senior member of the Singapore Bar. It is clear from G Raman's sharp observations that T S Sinnathuray handling of the trial is not beyond reproach.

I hope G Raman's observations are of help to you. It should also assist you in appreciating why at the end of the trial I told the judge that I would not go around shopping for justice in Singapore.

The injustice in this case is of concern to me on a personal level. It eventually led to my exile. But it is also, in the words of G Raman, "a major landmark in Singapore's legal history. It is a blot that cannot be erased."

As the Attorney-General, and especially one who professes to want to instill public confidence in the administration of justice, it is incumbent upon you to erase this blot.

The stench of the injustice in this case has unfortunately landed on your desk. I hope you have the vision, courage and commitment to do the right thing.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
only the 70% can bring him back.

but 2015 the 70% fuckers screwed themselves give up their right to PAP to screw TWP agina.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Completely agree. Nobody gives a fuck. If he can address the current issues then its a different matter. I think he must be suffering from some sort of complex where he things Singaporeans genuinely are awaiting his triumphant return. Both TISG and TOC keeps carrying his articles when they can a more important job of highlighting the elderly trying to make ends meets with the rising cost.

No one cares...this is an last generation news..talk about flogging a dead horse.

Annunaki

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy ngerng idolizes tan wah piow and aspires to be like wah piow by stirring as much shit as possible and chalking up his police cases in the hope that he can also earn a free pass to an ang mo country that embraces his gay lifestyle as a political exile

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The injustice in this case is of concern to me on a personal level. It eventually led to my exile. But it is also, in the words of G Raman, "a major landmark in Singapore's legal history. It is a blot that cannot be erased."

As the Attorney-General, and especially one who professes to want to instill public confidence in the administration of justice, it is incumbent upon you to erase this blot.

The stench of the injustice in this case has unfortunately landed on your desk. I hope you have the vision, courage and commitment to do the right thing.

Fucking useless ScrewedBalls trying to show the whole damned world that he is a SINKIE true and true.

The title he/she/it chooses for the thread implies that Tan Wah Piow's letter has a political motive or is a way to remain in the limelight which is fucking nonsense.

If ScrewedBalls' father has been wrongly accused and convicted of rape because of a whiter than whit union official and PAP lackey, then his father must be trying to get attention or "be relevant" if that union official is proven to be corrupt son of a bitch like his Lightning masters decades later.

The issue is about correcting an injustice and there is no statute of limitation for this. Read also don't know how to read. The crux of the letter is in the above quoted passage - to correct an injustice done to the man at a personal level which had huge repercussions on his life. Even if the fucktard AG doesn't do his job, Tan Wah Piow has at least put the issue before the court of public opinion before he dies as everyone will in due course.

Yes, SINKIES know fuck about justice and deserve to be screwed by LKY, LHL, PAP, Ho Jinx and all the tyrants and crooks that exist in this world. I'm so correct to stay away from SINKIES and SINKIELAND.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking useless ScrewedBalls trying to show the whole damned world that he is a SINKIE true and true.

The title he/she/it chooses for the thread implies that Tan Wah Piow's letter has a political motive or is a way to remain in the limelight which is fucking nonsense.

If ScrewedBalls' father has been wrongly accused and convicted of rape because of a whiter than whit union official and PAP lackey, then his father must be trying to get attention or "be relevant" if that union official is proven to be corrupt son of a bitch like his Lightning masters decades later.

The issue is about correcting an injustice and there is no statute of limitation for this. Read also don't know how to read. The crux of the letter is in the above quoted passage - to correct an injustice done to the man at a personal level which had huge repercussions on his life. Even if the fucktard AG doesn't do his job, Tan Wah Piow has at least put the issue before the court of public opinion before he dies as everyone will in due course.

Yes, SINKIES know fuck about justice and deserve to be screwed by LKY, LHL, PAP, Ho Jinx and all the tyrants and crooks that exist in this world. I'm so correct to stay away from SINKIES and SINKIELAND.

TWP shud now sue sg govt in UK............. if necessary till Privy Council!!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Completely agree. Nobody gives a fuck. If he can address the current issues then its a different matter. I think he must be suffering from some sort of complex where he things Singaporeans genuinely are awaiting his triumphant return. Both TISG and TOC keeps carrying his articles when they can a more important job of highlighting the elderly trying to make ends meets with the rising cost.
Its better if he just keep quiet n forget about Singkieland. Singkies dont bother n he no longer needs or have a life in singkieland.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its better if he just keep quiet n forget about Singkieland. Singkies dont bother n he no longer needs or have a life in singkieland.

Sinkies like you should just balek kampong to Sinkieland instead of polluting the air in Oz and wasting their oxygen.

If Hypocrite's mother was wrongly accused of child abuse by the word a whiter than white union leader whose evidence can be called into question because decades later he was found to have fabricated evidence in another case, his mother should just keep quiet since she is happy in Oz and no need to clear her name?

The fact that the present shitload of Sinkies don't care about injustice as long as they are not personally affected is besides the point. Clearing of one's name is to set the record straight for all humanity not just Sinkies.

Besides, with the Internet TWP can now fight in the worldwide and into the future court of public opinion at ease and on equal terms with the fucktard balls carrying AG, CJ and Law Soc Council, who will be made to look like fools in the eyes of right thinking members of the global citizenry and perhaps future generations of UnSinkifieds. So of course it is in the interest of the Lightning cronies to tell TWP and the likes of him to just keep quiet since he is having a good life now.

I didn't know the PAP IB got a branch in Australia. Not bad leh, fine use of taxpayers' money arch!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies like you should just balek kampong to Sinkieland instead of polluting the air in Oz and wasting their oxygen.

If Hypocrite's mother was wrongly accused of child abuse by the word a whiter than white union leader whose evidence can be called into question because decades later he was found to have fabricated evidence in another case, his mother should just keep quiet since she is happy in Oz and no need to clear her name?

The fact that the present shitload of Sinkies don't care about injustice as long as they are not personally affected is besides the point. Clearing of one's name is to set the record straight for all humanity not just Sinkies.

Besides, with the Internet TWP can now fight in the worldwide and into the future court of public opinion at ease and on equal terms with the fucktard balls carrying AG, CJ and Law Soc Council, who will be made to look like fools in the eyes of right thinking members of the global citizenry and perhaps future generations of UnSinkifieds. So of course it is in the interest of the Lightning cronies to tell TWP and the likes of him to just keep quiet since he is having a good life now.

I didn't know the PAP IB got a branch in Australia. Not bad leh, fine use of taxpayers' money arch!

U should go take a long walk off a short pier...no one in singkieland cares..

jinjiaho

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should just give up Singapore! Having left for more than 30 years, the Singapore he used to know is no longer there!

England is more like home to him! Maybe change his name, shave his beard and come back home with a British passport, just to try a plate of char kuay teow, and return back home to England!

Dun make so much noise. Few people remember him.

I don't know if all the people who witness his 'crimes' are even still alive. Really waste of time to go to court again!

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U should go take a long walk off a short pier...no one in singkieland cares..

Is that the best you can do by way of rebuttal? I don't give a shit if useless Sinkies like you care about anything or not. You Fucktard IBs only know how to use meaningless one liners. If you haven't any meaningful rebuttals to make, you should go and jump from a tall building and kill yourself. At least that will help relief u pain and shame of having no good counter-arguments to make.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He should just give up Singapore! Having left for more than 30 years, the Singapore he used to know is no longer there!

England is more like home to him! Maybe change his name, shave his beard and come back home with a British passport, just to try a plate of char kuay teow, and return back home to England!

Dun make so much noise. Few people remember him.

I don't know if all the people who witness his 'crimes' are even still alive. Really waste of time to go to court again!

Another Fucktard Sinkie or PAP IB!

Who the fuck are you to tell other people what to do or not do with their spare time!

No need to come back to Sinkieland for char kway teow, there are many good Asian restaurants in Leicester Square in London, u stewpig mountain tortoise.

Not many young people in China know about the Tiananmen massacre. Does it mean the Tiananmen mothers should keep quiet about their sons who were killed by tanks in 1989 just because they wanted to have freedom of speech?

No need to fight in Sinkie kangaroo courts either. The fight will be in the worldwide court of public opinion.

since PAP is trying to get the UnSinkifieds talents (like me ahem) living abroad to return to tyrannical Red Dot, he should spend his retirement touring foreign cities and unis where there are lots of Singaporeans. He'll get an enthusiastic reception, explain how he had been framed; why it is important to have his name cleared and justice served; and importantly warn them against returning to Sinkieland unless and until the PAP regime is overthrown. Then upload videos, speeches, discussions, etc on the Internet. Also talk about other human rights and even livelihood issues lah, otherwise very Sian.

To make things even more interesting, TWP should show up uninvited and unexpectedly at events organised by the Sinkie embassies abroad. Sinkie student bodies abroad can invite MiniSTAR of Home Affairs to give speech in say Cambridge but also invite TWP to speak. Of course the MiniSTAR will need to be given a surprise! It will be a great way for TWP to spend his retirement.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
The younger generation would ask "Tan Wah Who????". Together with Frances Seow, that longest ISD prisioner, SDP former ISD detainee, these are people of the past. Next in line is Chiam.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You either are not aware what has been going or cannot connect the dots. Lets be clear from the onset. Wahab Ghows the Solicitor General who prosecuted the case and Sam Sinnathuray, the judge are well known by nearly everyone in the know and certainly the Legal fraternity and the Civil Service as Old Man's favourite running dogs. The case itself is not complex and there was no reason to assign these 2 lap dogs. Even their families know this. It was also Wahab who drafted the Newspaper and Printing Act at short notice after being summoned by the cabinet and to please his bosses even included some draconian stuff.

That does mean that Singaporeans have given licence to Tan Wah Piow to carry on with his long dragging Chinese Opera. Firstly he defended himself and secondly he did not lodge an appeal on conviction and went to jail. All the hallmarks of high drama performance and martyrdom. He then took off claiming that he would be murdered while doing his NS.

Now we come to the PAP crook Phew Yew Kok. Phey Yew Kok was not even there when the rioting took place and was not a material witness. He never testified that he saw Tan Wah Piow rioting. There were other witnesses that implicated Tan Wah Piow. It does mean that the conviction was safe as the PAP govt conduct and their contribution in contaminating the case by assigning the 2 lap dogs plus the conduct of the judge certainly makes it unsafe. As an Oxford Law grad, I would have expected a much better approach fighting his cause. If he himself is a lawyer and he can't help himself I am not sure who can.

After a while Singaporeans get tired. Go thru the exchange in TOC and TISG. You either get relevant or move on. Let somebody else carry on the fight. Nobody gave a fuck about Harbans Singh despite he being a qualified and practising lawyer and a long standing opposition figure because he became irrelevant even though he was fighting the PAP. In the 1981 Anson By elections he got 131 votes. Look at Tan Jee Say and the his party of retirees. They got 21.5% slightly better than KJ's Reform party. Again you need to be relevant.

There are so many current issues that impact citizens and we need to focus on them and focus also how best to make the PAP pay for their sins.

Is that the best you can do by way of rebuttal? I don't give a shit if useless Sinkies like you care about anything or not. You Fucktard IBs only know how to use meaningless one liners. If you haven't any meaningful rebuttals to make, you should go and jump from a tall building and kill yourself. At least that will help relief u pain and shame of having no good counter-arguments to make.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if twp does not matter to the plight of sinkies anymore, why do you bring this up? in fact you're the same f*cker who keeps bringing up old shit that few give a shit anymore. and you have the cheek to jump on the same bandwagon when most agree it's time to move on. you're just another spineless coward who keeps bringing up tired turd that deserves to be tossed and when majority sentiments sway right you go the same way. so who cares about twp? at the bottom of your attention seeking ego, you do.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the British empire colonized Singapore and went on to drug their non-white British Subject mainly overseas Chinese 华侨人 300,000 population Singapore with drug opium trade openly.

Yet today Sinkies and their PAP leaders did not do anything or tell this evil British governor of Singapore drug trafficker story to their descendants.

so where the finance of roads and building constructions and structures money come from?

From the British hard earned legitimate money to fund these constructions?

All egal trading money prfoits goes to the England Queen V pockets and the profit of opium drug money from SInkies forefathers smoking British made opium gest to building Singapore roads and British building and bangalows to house their white expats and live a quality life style in Singapore?

So is TWP and FS is as important to tell the future descendants of SIngaporean kids?

The younger generation would ask "Tan Wah Who????". Together with Frances Seow, that longest ISD prisioner, SDP former ISD detainee, these are people of the past. Next in line is Chiam.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not?

PAP is not white they try to brain wash SInkies?

Time stopped and history resurfaces if the government of yesteryears or yestradays committed a breach of codes or conducts and code of practices of governing the State affair.

Every Singaporean deserves to access to legal justice to clear their name and integrity.

Government are civil servant and people are their masters in the British empire system, dickhead!

LHL and his PAP still whinged of LKY independence from Malaysia in 1965 and this history was re-told many times and why not you to tell PAP say the same 'fuck care who is LKY' it was 50 years ago.

if twp does not matter to the plight of sinkies anymore, why do you bring this up? in fact you're the same f*cker who keeps bringing up old shit that few give a shit anymore. and you have the cheek to jump on the same bandwagon when most agree it's time to move on. you're just another spineless coward who keeps bringing up tired turd that deserves to be tossed and when majority sentiments sway right you go the same way. so who cares about twp? at the bottom of your attention seeking ego, you do.

Last edited: