• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope Jose gets a chance to fend his decision and tell the critics to fark themselves. The hypocrisy of the Bayern camp including Karl Heinz Rumenigge, Hitzfield and the player himself is telling.

First, Schweini was LVG's choice. For the first time probably in United's history, we had three defensive holding players in Basti,Carrick and Schneiderlin with Fosu Mensah an option. Of the three, Carrick is the only British and United is aware of the need to maintain the quota of British players in the squad. Why three DM? IMO, it was intended to masked the weakness of the central defensive area by playing two of these players whenever it suits the team. Mind you, we also have an option of using Fellaini in that role.

Second, like Pep said Schweini knows why he wasn't selected to play and was relegated to the bench when he was plying his trade at Bayern. LVG brought the German at a cost of 200K pounds per week hoping that it will pave the way for another German,Mueller to come at some point. That backfired and Schweini never did achieve full fitness. The onus is on the player to make that effort where fitness is concerned.

Keeping the German in the first team is a huge risk for Mou when he ramps up fitness training. Mou has every right to decide how he wants United to play and the qualities that he needs to achieve the team's goals. In all of the teams that Mou has managed, one quality stands out-fitness!!! If Pep Guardiola and LVG failed in their bid to get the player to full fitness, what chance does Mou have and why would he want to allocate a considerable amount of his and the team's time for that ludicrous cause.

The Germans are two headed snakes. They cannot get Pep to play him in the first team at Bayern and now they're telling United who we should have in our team. Despicable!!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Gallego, well put. The krauts can get a bit nationalistic. One ex square head colleague of mine, was defensive when I said (last season) that Swine was over the hill. And he took offence that Bundesliga was less exciting than BPL, kns :cool:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gallego, well put. The krauts can get a bit nationalistic. One ex square head colleague of mine, was defensive when I said (last season) that Swine was over the hill. And he took offence that Bundesliga was less exciting than BPL, kns :cool:

Schweini played victim at Bayern and he's doing it again at United. It's not like United is docking his wages. United has all the resources he require to gain match fitness-professional nutritionist,coaches and facilities and the player chose not to put in the hard work and remain fit. It would be nice if some reporters put across the hard questions to the player and his former employer. It makes no sense to put the blame squarely on Mou and the club.

Lucky for me most of the Germans that I encountered were very level headed about issues be they politics or the global economy. Yup, you're right they are somewhat averse to critical commentary about 'local (German)' issues. In one of the friendly banter, one kraut mentioned the superiority of German auto industry which I cannot dispute and went on the trajectory that even their football is well ahead of Europe and the rest of the world.

I chuckled and told him that in the Bundesliga, there is only Bayern Munich and the rest are there to make up the numbers.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck man...if you pay me Bastian's wages, i would even play with chickens and teach kids how to play football. I don't fuck care if i play with under 21 or under 18 or under 9

and the FIFPRO is full of shit, these players are paid obscene wages to play what. at most 3 times a week for 90 minutes, rest of the time, go for free workout, fuck girls and get boozed. And i recall during the Ronaldo saga which Fergie said he wont sell a virus to Man U, some fucker also came out to say its slavery to the player or something...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
honestly if our NTUC or unions can be like FIFRO so on-the-ball, our workers will be miles ahead in terms of welfare.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
fuck man...if you pay me Bastian's wages, i would even play with chickens and teach kids how to play football. I don't fuck care if i play with under 21 or under 18 or under 9

and the FIFPRO is full of shit, these players are paid obscene wages to play what. at most 3 times a week for 90 minutes, rest of the time, go for free workout, fuck girls and get boozed. And i recall during the Ronaldo saga which Fergie said he wont sell a virus to Man U, some fucker also came out to say its slavery to the player or something...

LOL! I'm not sure why Bayern cheap shots at United of late. First it was the Sanchez deal and now this. Agree FIFPRO is one shitty body full of brain dead people. Not worth the mention to be honest.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Schweinsteiger & Mourinho: Why Rummenigge Man Utd blast is pure hypocrisy

COMMENT: Rummenigge. Ol' Karl-Heinz. He must think we're all morons. Short memories 'n all that. Very short memories...

Look, the outrage in Germany is understandable. Many Manchester United fans are also upset. Jose Mourinho demanding Bastian Schweinsteiger clean out his locker and train with the stiffs. It looks bad. There's little argument. It looks really bad.

But Rummenigge has some cheek. The Bayern Munich chairman looking down his nose at Mourinho. Wagging his finger at United. Give us a break, will ya. Cut the crocodile tears, Karl.

It wasn't two months ago that Rummenigge was doing all he could to force Mario Gotze out of the club. Gotze wanted to stay. To fight for his place under the new gaffer. A chat with Carlo Ancelotti, where he was warned that there'd be no guaranteed spot in his starting XI, didn't put the midfielder off. He declared openly he wanted to stay - a decision celebrated by the likes of Lothar Matthaus and Oliver Bierhoff. 'At last! A real show of character from the boy', they declared.

But Rummenigge was having none of it. The sniping soon followed Gotze's pledge of commitment. 'It'd be better you leave', said the chairman - publicly - 'you won't have much chance here'. In the end, Gotze took the hint (or rather the sledgehammer) and accepted a return to Borussia Dortmund. Rummenigge had engineered it all. Sod the character and fighting spirit Gotze had shown. Bayern needed to get his wages off the books. The World Cup matchwinner shunted out the backdoor - thanks, now let's be fair to him, in part to Rummenigge's public campaign................................

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...is-pure-hypocrisy-4141062#f0om4ZLpIrleiyK5.99

*************************************************************************************************************

I forgot all about the Gotze's episode, the match winner in WC2014.....It wasn't just about LVG's tactics, it was the player himself who didn't want to put that extra effort of keeping himself fit. Fitness is the key ingredient for performance,period.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering when they're going to display their 100 million pound catch. it has dragged on long enough and just about everyone is tired of it.

I can't wait for the headlines to read "Let's All Laugh at Man United"!!!!!:mad::biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You wonder if Mourinho isn't appointed Man U manager - would Pogba be the headline or it will be the same stale news of Bale. Ditto ibra.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bit trivia before opener later tonight :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• _90687479_united_stat_getty.png.jpeg
    _90687479_united_stat_getty.png.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 426

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pogba cleared for medical as confirmed by Man U website.

Mourinho has no excuse now not to sweep all on the table. Ok, if he don't win the Champions league it's fine.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on his performance in the Community Shield, they can start by ditching Rooney. He's certainly not comfortable in a mid-fielder role and his previous position has already been taken up by the Big Swede.

Shrek is playing on reputation rather than ability these days (and that goes for his England apperances as well).

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Paul Pogba: France midfielder set for Man Utd medical

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37003293

Manchester United are on the brink of re-signing Paul Pogba from Juventus in a world record £89m deal.

United will pay 105m euros for Pogba and performance-related bonuses and other costs could see that figure rise.
The midfielder will have a medical in the next few days with the deal due to be completed in midweek.

The 23-year-old, who left United for £1.5m in 2012, is set to return for a fee that surpasses Gareth Bale's £85m move to Real Madrid in 2013.
The Old Trafford club still have to agree personal terms with the France midfielder, although that is expected to be a formality.

Pogba's imminent medical was announced just over 90 minutes before Sunday's Community Shield, which United won 2-1 against Leicester.

Boss Jose Mourinho said after the game at Wembley that United is the "perfect" club and the Premier League is the best stage for Pogba.
"We have everything to give him and we know the reasons why he wants to come to us," added Mourinho.
"He comes because he knows the club, knows the city, many of the players and wants to be an important part of the project.
"If you want to be the best player in the world, if you go to Barcelona or Real Madrid you are in trouble because I don't think the other two big guys [Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo] will let you."

Asked about the size of Pogba's transfer fee, Mourinho said: "I don't think Real were upset when they broke the record with Gareth Bale or Cristiano.
"I don't think it's a reason to be sad - it's a reason to be proud.
"Football is crazy and the market has become crazy. What you think this season is crazy, you realise three years later it's not crazy any more.
"What is expensive and not expensive in football? I don't know any more. I just know he is a big player."
In four seasons in Turin, Pogba, who helped France reach the Euro 2016 final, won four league titles.
He is Mourinho's fourth signing at United, after Eric Bailly, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

It is the first time in 20 years an English club will have paid a world record fee.
Newcastle United were the last to do so when they spent £15m signing England striker Alan Shearer from Blackburn Rovers.
Pogba joined United from French club Le Havre in 2009 as a 16-year-old, but made just a handful of appearances before his contract expired in July 2012.
He has made 178 appearances for Juventus, scoring 34 goals, and helped the club reach the 2015 Champions League final. The Serie A side had offered him a new contract, while Real Madrid were also interested in signing him.
Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola, also represents striker Ibrahimovic, who signed for United on a free transfer from Paris St-Germain, and midfielder Mkhitaryan, who joined from Borussia Dortmund.

Why did Pogba leave Man Utd?
attachment.php

Pogba made just seven first-team appearances during his time at Old Trafford without scoring a single goalIn August 2011, then United manager Six Alex Ferguson described Pogba as a "young boy" who was "showing great promise".

He said: "If we hold Pogba back, what's going to happen? He's going to leave. So we have to give him the opportunity to see how he can do in the first team and he's got great ability, plus he's got the physique and athleticism."

However, later that year, with Paul Scholes retired, Owen Hargreaves leaving and Darren Fletcher injured, Brazilian full-back Rafael was preferred to Pogba in midfield, a decision the Frenchman later said "disgusted" him.

Scholes came out of retirement aged 37 in January 2012, and Pogba said: "I didn't want to sign a contract as Ferguson didn't play me, even though there were no midfielders there.
"I was frustrated because he spoke to me a few times and said I was nearly there. When I saw Scholes come back, part of me was really happy as he's a legend, but I knew it was the end of me."

Pogba left United when his contract expired, with the Red Devils receiving a £1.5m fee as compensation.
In his second autobiography, Ferguson said he "distrusted" Pogba's agent, Raiola, describing their first meeting as a "fiasco".
"He and I were like oil and water," said the Scot. "From then on, our goose was cooked because Raiola had been able to ingratiate himself with Paul and his family and the player signed with Juventus."

Juventus full-back Patrice Evra, who was at United with Pogba, said the club initially "underestimated" his France team-mate.
Speaking in 2014, he said: "I went to talk to him and spent two hours with his parents and his brothers to discuss his future, even though I'm just a player.
"I said, 'Here in Manchester you will become a legend. Be patient'. I tried to tie him up. I even tried to put him in padlocks. But, no, he'd already made his choice."

How good is Pogba?

• Former France striker Thierry Henry believes he can go on to become "one of the best in history" while fellow World Cup winner Patrick Vieira described him as an "extraordinary player" and said it was a "mistake" for Manchester City not to sign him from United
  • Ex-United captain Bryan Robson said Pogba reminds him of Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure because "he is very good going forward and scores spectacular goals"
  • United legend Ryan Giggs said Pogba "has got everything"
  • France legend Zinedine Zidane thinks Pogba is a "complete player"
  • Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri said in May 2015 that Pogba "needs to stop showboating in midfield" and that he makes "avoidable" mistakes
  • Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger claims Pogba is in a "maturing period" and will not find his best form until the age of 26
  • Former England striker Gary Lineker asked during Euro 2016 if he was "the world's most overrated player"
  • Ex-United midfielder Paul Scholes had questioned Pogba's reported £86m valuation, saying he was "nowhere worth that kind of money yet"

Honours

• Under-20 World Cup winner and player of the tournament (2013)
  • 4 Serie A titles (2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16)
  • 2 Coppa Italia (2014-15, 2015-16)
  • 2 Supercoppa Italiana (2013-14, 2014-15)

Most recent five times the world transfer record was broken

• 2013 - Gareth Bale £86m (Tottenham Hotspur to Real Madrid)
  • 2009 - Cristiano Ronaldo £80m (Manchester United to Real Madrid)
  • 2009 - Kaka £56m (AC Milan to Real Madrid)
  • 2001 - Zinedine Zidane £46m (Juventus to Real Madrid)
  • 2000 - Luis Figo £37m (Barcelona to Real Madrid)

attachment.php

Attachments

• pogba2.jpg
    pogba2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 300
  • pogba.jpg
    pogba.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fellaini with new afro tint, gave away the LC's goal with cheap back pass. Shrek looked lost.
And Mata paiseh, sub replaced due to his height?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mata unhappy, sub on sub.
Substitute Juan Mata was replaced in Manchester United's Community Shield win "because he was the smallest player", boss Jose Mourinho said.

Attachments

• pogba2.jpg
    pogba2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 146
  • mata unhappy.jpeg
    mata unhappy.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better for Mata to move on.I thought Mou should have taken Rooney off, probably the weakest link in that game. Surprised to see Blind in that central role again. United need to fix this. Otherwise we're in for a very difficult season.
I believe United will bid for a central defender before the transfer window closes. Overall, the attacking approach to the game is a breath of fresh air. Things can only get better.

jw5

Loyal
Better for Mata to move on.I thought Mou should have taken Rooney off, probably the weakest link in that game. Surprised to see Blind in that central role again. United need to fix this. Otherwise we're in for a very difficult season.
I believe United will bid for a central defender before the transfer window closes. Overall, the attacking approach to the game is a breath of fresh air. Things can only get better.

When Mata was substituted, Rooney had already been replaced by Schneiderlin. The only 2 non-defenders who started the game and who were still on the pitch were Ibrahimovic and Fellaini, 2 "giants" compared to Mata. :biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Mata was substituted, Rooney had already been replaced by Schneiderlin. The only 2 non-defenders who started the game and who were still on the pitch were Ibrahimovic and Fellaini, 2 "giants" compared to Mata. :biggrin:

Thanks for the correction. I thought it was the other way around. The captain's armband was handed to Valencia who looked surprised. Isn't Ibra appointed by Mou as the vice captain? Anyway, it was a game of no consequence, all in the name of charity. Good to see the team playing with more aggression.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Liverpool legend Souness slams Man Utd: Pogba will NEVER be in £100M class

Liverpool legend Graeme Souness has slammed Manchester United's world record move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

He is set to sign for United in a world-record nine figure fee after Pogba was given permission to complete his Old Trafford medical.

Speaking to the Sunday Times, Souness said: “For £100m, you expect the finished article, a game-changer.

“Paul Pogba's not that. He has the potential to be a top midfield player, but that still wouldn't put him in that price bracket.

"I've seen him live for Juventus in a European Cup final and semi-final against Barcelona and Real Madrid respectively and haven't seen him getting hold of a game by the scruff of the neck."

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-be-in-100m-class-4141348#pUjxLXehxbZBxUg7.99

***************************************************************************************************************

What's with the scouser these days?:mad::biggrin: It irks ABUs to no end. :biggrin: