• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jose Mourinho furious with Bastian Schweinsteiger after rejecting transfer

BASTIAN SCHWEINSTEIGER left Jose Mourinho seething yesterday after refusing to join Sporting Lisbon on a free transfer.

Manchester United even agreed to pay part of the German midfielder’s £190,000-a-week wages in Portugal.
But the 32-year-old World Cup winner dug in his heels and told Mourinho he would not go.

The angry United boss has vowed not to play the midfielder again despite Schweinsteiger claiming he is still determined to forced his way back into the picture.

Mourinho has already axed him from his first-team squad and suggested he would rather pick hopefuls out of the youth team to play in midfield. Schweinsteiger, who calls time on his international career tonight in a friendly against Finland, has two years left on the contract he signed after arriving from Bayern Munich in 2015.

The 32-year-old could earn around £18m just by sitting tight until his deal runs out in June 2018.
But he believes he can get Mourinho to change his mind.

Schweinsteiger said: “The transfer window is closed in the USA so I’m not going there now.
“It’s my dream still to play for Manchester United and if I get a fair chance, I believe in it.
“The USA is certainly an option, should it come to that.”

Although the MLS transfer window does not open again until after Christmas it seems unlikely United will attempt to find Schweinsteiger a club before the transfer window closes today.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...stian-Schweinsteiger-transfer-Sporting-Lisbon

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sept fixtures, with the tempting derby next sat

September 2016

FixtureDateKick-off
Premier Leaguev Sat 10 Sep12:30
Europa League - Group A
Feyenoord
v
Thu 15 Sep18:00
Premier Leaguev Sun 18 Sep12:00
EFL Cup - Third Roundv Tue 20 Sep19:45
Premier Leaguev Sat 24 Sep12:30
Europa League - Group Av
Zorya Luhansk
Thu 29 Sep20:05

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mou should read between the lines.Swine has no intention to play and he's willing to see out his contract to collect his fat wages. That;s the problem when you offer 3 year contracts for players over 30. It's not like he has served United all these years. It was a huge mistake on the part of United given his injury record and fitness issues with his previous club.

It's down to the player's attitude. He won't be given any contract if he chooses not to play competitive football. He shouldn't take the Americans or Chinese for fools.:mad:

Well, you may wonder what are the implications for the club. Recruiting another player will be that much harder with his wages still on the books. The only way out is to pay him off and ask him to fark off.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Morgan Schneiderlin move to Tottenham blocked by Jose Mourinho
as Manchester United boss insists midfielder remains in first-team plans

• Tottenham's enquiry for Morgan Schneiderlin rejected on deadline day
  • Jose Mourinho told Frenchman he remained in his first-team plans
  • Schneiderlin has played five minutes for Manchester United this season
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...fielder-remains-team-plans.html#ixzz4Ixk9TWG9

Tottenham had a move for midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin blocked by Manchester United after boss Jose Mourinho told the Frenchman he was in his plans.

Schneiderlin is behind Paul Pogba, Michael Carrick and Marouane Fellaini in the central midfield pecking order and has only played five minutes this season.

But Spurs’ enquiry was rejected as Mourinho needs squad cover for the two domestic cups and Europa League.

Spurs are likely to return to the subject in January if the 26-year-old’s game-time at United doesn’t improve.
Southampton also refused to let Jay Rodriguez leave, despite the striker asking to go on loan.
Rodriguez, 27, spoke to manager Claude Puel with Sunderland, West Brom and Hull all eager to sign him for a £2m loan fee,
but Puel insisted he should stay.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm with Mourinho on this one. Hard to see what he can do if Schweinsteiger refuses to move. At his age, I'd be more than willing to be a redundant player for £190k a week.

He has no intention to continue playing competitively. If United pay him off, it will have to be more than £18m to offset his loss in wages.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm with Mourinho on this one. Hard to see what he can do if Schweinsteiger refuses to move. At his age, I'd be more than willing to be a redundant player for £190k a week.

He has no intention to continue playing competitively. If United pay him off, it will have to be more than £18m to offset his loss in wages.

Swine expects United to pay him off but I hope they don't. Let him rot and let the contract run down. If he fails to report for training, fine him. Seriously, there's not much else they can do.

As far as Swine is concerned, he's probably looking at a non playing role at Bayern but it's my sanguine hope that he'll do the honorable thing of compromising with the club on the redundancy package since he was the one who chose not to stay fit in the first place.:mad:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
big plans aloft for next summer in form of Greizman...meaning bye bye for Rooney.
and if they do bring Bale, then we are truly formidable. But its a far fetched.

Fabinho yes... Bale...depending if we have Champions League (which i think we will be eligible)

Manchester United have made Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann their priority target for next summer’s transfer window, according to reports.

The Sunday Mirror claims that Jose Mourinho is already laying the groundwork for a deal, while United are aware that they will need to break the transfer record once again in order to sign the France international.

Mourinho tried signing Griezmann during his time at Chelsea and believes the 25-year-old would make a huge impact in the Premier League.

Griezmann is also aware of United’s interest and knows he could leave Atletico if United launch the right offer.

The Atletico forward scored 22 goals in 38 La Liga games last season and was one of the stars in France’s Euro 2016 campaign earlier this summer.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/04/jose-...-for-manchester-united-6108393/#ixzz4JI6LjW1j

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
big plans aloft for next summer in form of Greizman...meaning bye bye for Rooney.
and if they do bring Bale, then we are truly formidable. But its a far fetched.

Fabinho yes... Bale...depending if we have Champions League (which i think we will be eligible)

I dun think Griezman is what United needs in the forseeable future. Now that there is some semblance of a core, Mou should built the team from the back. The CD remains the weak link and I am very certain it will be exposed by a good number of teams this season. If Smalling and Bailly remains injury free and with a bit of luck, they may just win some silverware. Bailly is off for ANC in January and I reckon January will be the defining month for the red devils.

Sigh........ why din they buy a CD???:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rooney has under performed all these years and I am certain Mou is aware of it.Whether it's Griezman or someone else,it's inevitable they will need to look for the right talent and leadership to replace the ageing players. Methinks replacing Yinyang's 'favorite' will be the hardest-Michael Carrick.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..inevitable they will need to look for the right talent and leadership to replace the ageing players. ..'favorite' will be the hardest-Michael Carrick.:biggrin:
Harsh reality is players' shelf life is short, and shorter still if you don't fit in with the boss' (and club's) equation.

As for MC, his heydays (distribution silky skills?) from record breaking days ex Spurs are passe and over. And speaking of the central rear end, hasn't he been relegated to CB before, given his experience and our shortcomings?

On my next hit list is that Fellani bloke, who tries too hard and gets into scrapes. His physique and famed chesting the ball probably got into JM's grace. Not just me, think the pundits are speculating on his future.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Harsh reality is players' shelf life is short, and shorter still if you don't fit in with the boss' (and club's) equation.

As for MC, his heydays (distribution silky skills?) from record breaking days ex Spurs are passe and over. And speaking of the central rear end, hasn't he been relegated to CB before, given his experience and our shortcomings?

On my next hit list is that Fellani bloke, who tries too hard and gets into scrapes. His physique and famed chesting the ball probably got into JM's grace. Not just me, think the pundits are speculating on his future.

MC is a good distributor of the ball but we had an even better distributor in Paul Scholes. The one thing that stands out in MC is his quiet leadership and his ability to read games. A versatile bloke and if there is a single player that matches MC's qualities, it would be Blind.

I have to go along with you on Fellaini but truth be told I thought he was the most outstanding player at the tail end of last season. The clownish mop on his head makes him look clumsy.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YOU BLUE DEVILS Chelsea transfer news: Blues in for Antoine Griezmann as they are set to hijack proposed Manchester United move

France hotshot's future at La Liga club is uncertain after doubts emerge over boss Diego Simeone's commitment to club

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...et-to-hijack-proposed-manchester-united-move/

nintchdbpict0002624253682_zpswzyblild.jpg

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our home grown gem of a red devil, doing us proud

Unless he gets to play regular 1st team football, Rashford will never further his potential at United or England.
Mourinho doesn't give a shit about youth development, his record proves it.
All he cares about is winning above everything else.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can Man City deal with aerial threat?

Manchester United's powerful attack will be a huge test for Manchester City's defence
in Saturday's derby says MOTD pundit Alan Shearer.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37310627

_91072049_manutdduozlatanibrahimovicandpaulpogba_zpstwtdnkjs.jpg

_91074189_josemvspepg.png_zpsksebnmoy.jpeg

_91076855_graphic.png_zps9qwxllej.jpeg
[
United made five open-play crosses in their 3-1 win over Bournemouth (left graphic), 14 in their 2-0 victory over Southampton (centre)
and 34 in their 1-0 win over Hull (right), shown above by green arrows (successful crosses), red (unsuccessful crosses), yellow (all key passes,
including non-crosses) and blue (assists, including non-crosses)

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mourinho shld have the balls to drop Rooney n put rashford in his place. Play w pace n height. Overwhelm the slow otemandi.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fergie, other bosses ‘messed Rooney about’ – Gullit

Ruud Gullit feels Wayne Rooney’s career has taken a downward spiral due to the positions he has been asked to play by various managers over the years.

The Dutchman’s view comes despite Rooney already surpassing Sir Bobby Charlton’s England goals record, while he is just four shy of breaking his long-standing record haul for Manchester United...........................

http://www.football365.com/news/fergie-other-bosses-messed-rooney-about-gullit

Ince: It’s an insult to play Man Utd star Rooney in midfield

Paul Ince has labelled Wayne Rooney's move into midfield as an 'insult'.

The Manchester United and England captain has recently been criticised for his performances in a deeper role for both club and country, with former Red Devils star Ince taking it one step further........................................................

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...ooney-in-midfield-4145881#CJ4QwAkaI03LW3Be.99

***************************************************************************************************************

Look at Giggs and they'd probably understand why Rooney was earmarked for that role with Scholes and Giggs retiring. He has the ability and qualities for sure but not the correct frame of mind to make it work. Redeployment of players is not new at the club. It's aim is to prolong the career span of the players.:kma:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe they are just prolonging his life in Man U to enable him to break the goal record n then fade him out. Same for alladyce to enable him to break the England record.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The BIG one tonight, with many eyeballs (neutrals included)

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United pair Luke Shaw and Henrikh Mkhitaryan have overcome minor injuries in time for Saturday's derby.
Antonio Valencia is also available after international duty, giving United a clean bill of health.
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero begins a three-game ban but Bacary Sagna should be in contention after recovering from a hamstring injury.
Leroy Sane and Ilkay Gundogan are now fit and may make their debuts, as could goalkeeper Claudio Bravo.
Captain Vincent Kompany is back in full training following a thigh problem but the club will not rush the injury-plagued defender back to action.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Guy Mowbray: "Too early in the season to tell us anything decisive, but never too early to be enjoyed - all over the world thanks to a multi-time zone friendly kick-off time.
"As all good derbies should be, it's almost impossible to predict - and all we know for sure is that with 100% starts behind both teams, something's got to give.
"For all the history between the coaches, I hope that the focus afterwards is on what we've seen on the field rather than Jose Mourinho versus Pep Guardiola off it.
"United could be at just about full strength, whilst City will miss Sergio Aguero - but maybe not significantly. As shown against West Ham, this team can score without a major contribution from their number 10."
Twitter: @Guymowbray

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho on the absence of City forward Sergio Aguero: "It's more difficult [for us]. It looks a little bit of a contradiction, but without Aguero it is more difficult.
"When Aguero is available, we know that Aguero plays. We know their formation, we know their dynamics and nobody has doubts.
"They have so many options that for us in the preparation of the game, we have to go step by step, we have to go situation after situation because we try to reduce the unpredictability of the game, you know?"

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: "Let me live this derby and after I can tell you how it can compare with Spain and Munich. I think that for the media on both sides, in Spain and here, it's similar.
"I saw the four official games United have played and in every game they've played better than in the one before. Like us.
"Set pieces with tall guys it's impossible to control that, they're taller than us. They're a top team, like Manchester United always is."

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Looking at the game, the biggest difference between the two teams is that Manchester United can change things around with their strikers if they have to.
Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial both have pace to burn through the middle if it is not working for Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Because of that, I am going to go for United win. I don't think City will be able to hold out for 90 minutes.
Prediction: 1-0
Lawro's full predictions v Hollywood actor Dave Bautista

• Think you can do better than Lawro? Predict the score for this match and the rest of this round's Premier League fixtures in our Predictor game.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• City are looking for their 50th competitive win in the Manchester derby (W49, D51, L71).
  • After losing four Premier League Manchester derbies in a row, Manchester United are unbeaten in their last three against City (W2, D1). They kept clean sheets in both meetings last season.
  • The Red Devils have lost three of the last five league derbies at Old Trafford (W1, D1) - more defeats than in the previous 29 (W15, D12, L2).
  • Jose Mourinho has won three of his 16 competitive meetings with Pep Guardiola (D6, L7), including just one league victory (with Real Madrid against Barcelona in 2012).

Manchester United

• This is only the second time that both Manchester clubs have won their opening three league games. The other occasion was in 2011, when City went on to claim the title ahead of United on the final day.
  • Wayne Rooney has scored 11 goals in Manchester derbies - more than any other player in this fixture.
  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored 41 times in 34 league games since the start of last season.
  • Jose Mourinho is the first manager to win his opening four games in charge of Manchester United (includes Community Shield).

Manchester City

• Pep Guardiola is the first Manchester City manager to win his opening five matches in charge of the club.
  • Raheem Sterling has scored or assisted five goals in four games under Pep Guardiola - as many as he produced in his last 22 matches under Manuel Pellegrini.
  • Kevin de Bruyne has provided 15 assists in league and cup since debuting for City, five more than any other player at the club.
  • The suspended Sergio Aguero has scored seven goals in eight league games against United.

SAM's verdict
Most probable score: 1-1Probability of draw: 28%
Probability of home win: 38%Probability of away win: 34%

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

Last edited: