Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 418

Thread: Red Devils 2016-2017

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Wonder kid striker?

    BARBOSA BID Manchester United transfer news: Jose Mourinho ready to beat rivals with £30m move
    for Brazilian prodigy Gabriel Barbosa


    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1617240/manchester-united-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-ready-to-beat-rivals-with-30m-move-for-brazilian-prodigy-gabriel-barbosa/

    Clubs across Europe have been tracking the striker but his head has been turned after learning of United's interest

    MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to blow the opposition out of the water by launching a £30million deal to take Brazilian wonder kid Gabriel Barbosa to Old Trafford.

    mu1.jpg
    MU2.jpg

    Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester thought they had won the race to sign the 19-year-old Santos striker, who has emerged as one of the hottest young properties in football after setting the Rio Olympics alight.

    The Foxes were convinced they had beaten off Italian giants Inter Milan and Juventus, as well as Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid, after the teenage striker told them he had his heart set on playing in the Premier League.

    However SunSport can reveal Jose Mourinho is now in pole position to land the Samba superkid, with United set to push through a whopping £30million deal within the next 48 hours to outmuscle the reigning champions.

    The Old Trafford giants need another striker to back up Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mourinho made it clear Barbosa is the perfect fit for his Reds revolution.


  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
    Wonder kid striker?

    BARBOSA BID Manchester United transfer news: Jose Mourinho ready to beat rivals with £30m move
    for Brazilian prodigy Gabriel Barbosa


    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1617240/manchester-united-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-ready-to-beat-rivals-with-30m-move-for-brazilian-prodigy-gabriel-barbosa/

    Clubs across Europe have been tracking the striker but his head has been turned after learning of United's interest

    MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to blow the opposition out of the water by launching a £30million deal to take Brazilian wonder kid Gabriel Barbosa to Old Trafford.

    mu1.jpg
    MU2.jpg

    Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester thought they had won the race to sign the 19-year-old Santos striker, who has emerged as one of the hottest young properties in football after setting the Rio Olympics alight.

    The Foxes were convinced they had beaten off Italian giants Inter Milan and Juventus, as well as Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid, after the teenage striker told them he had his heart set on playing in the Premier League.

    However SunSport can reveal Jose Mourinho is now in pole position to land the Samba superkid, with United set to push through a whopping £30million deal within the next 48 hours to outmuscle the reigning champions.

    The Old Trafford giants need another striker to back up Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Mourinho made it clear Barbosa is the perfect fit for his Reds revolution.


    this is one of those buy & loan out? Man U doesn't know how to manage the Brazilians...they have a gifted one, Perrira or Piranha, Fergie, Moyes, LVG and now, Mourinho is simply letting him gasping for air in the reserves...still want to sign another Brazilian?

    de Silva brothers, fatty Anderson.....

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by red amoeba View Post
    .. maybe swap rojo with fonte.
    You maybe right, on displacement

    Arsenal join Manchester United in transfer chase for Jose Fonte of Southampton

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ansfer-8645516

    The Old Trafford giants are ready to offer Saints fellow defender Marcos Rojo in part-exchange for their captain, with the injury-hit Gunners also interested

    JOSE-FONTE.jpg

    Manchester United are ready to offer flop Marcos Rojo to Southampton as part of their bid to prise captain Jose Fonte away from the south coast.
    But in a fresh twist, United boss Jose Mourinho now faces competition from Arsenalfor his Portuguese countryman Fonte .

    Mourinho wants the 32-year-old centre-half to add experience to his back-line and the Euro 2016 winner is keen on the move, despite being offered a new contract by the Saints which would make him their highest-paid player.

    Rojo, a £16m buy from Sporting Lisbon two years ago when Louis van Gaal was manager, struggled to nail down a starting place under the Dutchman and was an unused sub for Sunday's season-opening win at Bournemouth.

    The injury-hit Gunners are also shopping for a defender, with Per Mertesacker out until December and Gabriel also sidelined for six to eight weeks.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    MANCHESTER UNITED’S world record buy Paul Pogba is the latest footballing sensation
    to take the plunge and sport the bright white hair do.

    The French midfielder, 23, has joined Old Trafford team-mate Phil Jones, Arsenal ace Aaron Ramsey and Barcelona wizard Lionel Messi in bleaching his barnet.

    paul-pogbas-new-hair-4.jpg

    Pogba took to Instagram to show of his new do in a video – with the short light style accompanied by red stripes down the right side and a black zig-zag on the left.
    He captioned his post: “New hair, new jersey, new season @manchesterunited #pogback #firstneverfollows”

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
    You maybe right, on displacement

    Arsenal join Manchester United in transfer chase for Jose Fonte of Southampton

    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ansfer-8645516

    The Old Trafford giants are ready to offer Saints fellow defender Marcos Rojo in part-exchange for their captain, with the injury-hit Gunners also interested

    JOSE-FONTE.jpg

    Manchester United are ready to offer flop Marcos Rojo to Southampton as part of their bid to prise captain Jose Fonte away from the south coast.
    But in a fresh twist, United boss Jose Mourinho now faces competition from Arsenalfor his Portuguese countryman Fonte .

    Mourinho wants the 32-year-old centre-half to add experience to his back-line and the Euro 2016 winner is keen on the move, despite being offered a new contract by the Saints which would make him their highest-paid player.

    Rojo, a £16m buy from Sporting Lisbon two years ago when Louis van Gaal was manager, struggled to nail down a starting place under the Dutchman and was an unused sub for Sunday's season-opening win at Bournemouth.

    The injury-hit Gunners are also shopping for a defender, with Per Mertesacker out until December and Gabriel also sidelined for six to eight weeks.
    Arse is desperate. Anyone who play defender is in their radar. Phil jones ? I will pay for his cab fare to Emirates.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Very interesting piece of news - Mourinho met Balotelli informally.

    Now if by any chance.... Zlatan n Balotelli? Not impossible no ?

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by red amoeba View Post
    ..Mourinho met Balotelli informally. Now if by any chance.... Zlatan n Balotelli? Not impossible no ?
    Seems it was just seeing the shrink, and perhaps a wondering prospect (excuse this month's pun)

    WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERER Mario Balotelli could end up at Wolves or Port Vale
    after turning to Jose Mourinho for career advice

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/2016/08/17/...career-advice/

    Manchester United boss has friends in high places at the unfashionable clubs and could point the Liverpool outcast down the divisions

    MARIO BALOTELLI has turned to Jose Mourinho to end his Liverpool nightmare but could end up at Wolves or Port Vale!
    The Portuguese struck up a bond with the former Manchester City striker during their time at Inter Milan and, according to reports in Italy, the Anfield outcast has turned to him as his career hangs in the balance with Mourinho recommending a drop out of the Premier League.

    Jurgen Klopp has made it abundantly clear that the 26-year-old has no future under his management on Merseyside and most top clubs across Europe are wary of taking the immature frontman into their squad.

    However, a lower league club would be happy to take on the oddball, as long as they don’t have to stump his wages that Liverpool would have to cover just to get him away from their Melwood base where he could provide a distraction.

    And Mourinho now has strong links with Championship club Wolves after his close friend and agent Jorge Mendes sold 20 per cent of his company Gestifute to the club’s new owners, the Chinese investment firm Fosun International.

    Since the takeover, Wolves have undergone a massive summer squad overhaul with deals for exotic names like Portugal youth internationals Joao Teixeira and Helder Costa on loan from Benfica.



  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by yinyang View Post
    Seems it was just seeing the shrink, and perhaps a wondering prospect (excuse this month's pun)

    WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERER Mario Balotelli could end up at Wolves or Port Vale
    after turning to Jose Mourinho for career advice

    https://www.thesun.co.uk/2016/08/17/...career-advice/

    Manchester United boss has friends in high places at the unfashionable clubs and could point the Liverpool outcast down the divisions

    MARIO BALOTELLI has turned to Jose Mourinho to end his Liverpool nightmare but could end up at Wolves or Port Vale!
    The Portuguese struck up a bond with the former Manchester City striker during their time at Inter Milan and, according to reports in Italy, the Anfield outcast has turned to him as his career hangs in the balance with Mourinho recommending a drop out of the Premier League.

    Jurgen Klopp has made it abundantly clear that the 26-year-old has no future under his management on Merseyside and most top clubs across Europe are wary of taking the immature frontman into their squad.

    However, a lower league club would be happy to take on the oddball, as long as they don’t have to stump his wages that Liverpool would have to cover just to get him away from their Melwood base where he could provide a distraction.

    And Mourinho now has strong links with Championship club Wolves after his close friend and agent Jorge Mendes sold 20 per cent of his company Gestifute to the club’s new owners, the Chinese investment firm Fosun International.

    Since the takeover, Wolves have undergone a massive summer squad overhaul with deals for exotic names like Portugal youth internationals Joao Teixeira and Helder Costa on loan from Benfica.


    Fosun owns Club Med.
    Balotelli can go be the clown there....

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Home opener, vs Saints tomorrow morning 0300 -match preview

    TEAM NEWS
    Manchester United have £89m signing Paul Pogba available after he served a suspension
    carried over from his time at previous club Juventus.

    Defender Chris Smalling is also back following a ban and could return in place of Daley Blind.
    Southampton captain Jose Fonte, who has been linked with United, could feature despite missing
    their opener because of a late start to pre-season.
    Ryan Bertrand remains injured so Matt Targett will continue at left-back.

    MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES
    Steve Wilson: "It has been 20 years since anyone with the tag of 'the world's most expensive player' was at an English club
    - back then Newcastle had beaten Manchester United to the signature of Alan Shearer.

    "Whether Jose Mourinho will unleash Paul Pogba from the start remains to be seen. Pogba has had only the briefest of pre-seasons
    after France's Euro 2016 campaign, but his mere presence is a signal of United's intent.

    "Mourinho's competitive home debut as United boss comes against a Southampton side who have enjoyed back-to-back wins at Old Trafford
    over the last two seasons.

    "Yet again the Saints' powers of recovery will be tested by the loss of good players and a good manager. In Claude Puel, has the club continued
    its knack of making inspired managerial appointments, in the same way as their academy continues to produce outstanding young talent?

    "We shall see - but Old Trafford is probably not the place to judge."
    Twitter: @SteveWilson1967

    MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head

    • Southampton have recorded 1-0 wins on each of their last two visits to Old Trafford.
    • Prior to that, Saints had gone 27 years - spanning 19 league games - since their last league win away to United.

    Manchester United

    • The Red Devils are unbeaten at home since losing to Southampton in January, a run of 11 matches in league and cup (W8, D3).
    • United conceded just nine home league goals last season - the best record in the top flight.
    • Zlatan Ibrahimovic has scored on his league debut in four different countries.

    Southampton

    • Saints conceded 19 league goals away from home last term - the second best record in the top flight behind Leicester, who let in 18.
    • However, Southampton have conceded in 13 consecutive Premier League games, their longest run without a clean sheet since November 2012 (a run of 21).
    • They scored a joint league-high 15 headed goals in the 2015-16 season (level with West Ham).
    • Their two top scorers last season - Graziano Pelle and Sadio Mane - both left this summer.

    SAM's verdict
    SAM's predicted score: 1-0 Probability of draw: 23%
    Probability of home win: 60% Probability of away win: 17%

    SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Salford that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.


    Last edited by yinyang; 19-08-2016 at 01:57 AM.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017


  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    i think Mourinho will name an unchanged lineup.
    and then intro Pogba replacing with Herrera or Fellaini depending on how the flow is. or even replacing rooney with Pogba.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    The swagger's back, after 3 lean years. Never forgot the DM's cherry season's lows, hoping against hope.
    Exciting prospects with mix of new players. And can better relate to JM's bias for skilled players with strong physique.
    Irony of last season, we had to rely on Rashford's goals in matches.

    Mourinho's daughter Matilde was pleased with her father's first win as United boss at Old Trafford.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Exciting play, finally glimpse of relentless attack. So much so that I think carrick can play in goal to gain minutes.

    Mourinho has his spine - all tall and robust. Suddenly from defence midfield to attack, we are towering our opponents.

    Marshal has a uneventful outing. Ditto for Rooney save for that cross. Fellani is now performing the unsung hero job, mopping up and acting as shield to defence. Bailey is tough and no nonsense. With Smalling there is potential for a formidable partnership.

    What a relevation from the tepid n balless play of moyes n LVG

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    A JM dig at LVG?


  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    RA maybe right on Jones too, to help make room for Fonte

    Manchester United increase Jose Fonte interest

    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....fonte-11778536

    Jose Fonte could replace not just Marcos Rojo but Phil Jones in the Manchester United squad
    as the Jose Mourinho clear-out continues.




    Phil Jones could spark a defensive exodus after Stoke manager Mark Hughes did not denythe club's reported interest in the 24-year-old centre-back.
    New signing Eric Bailly, Daley Blind and Chris Smalling are all ahead of Jones in the central defensive pecking order, while Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is interested in Southampton centre-back Jose Fonte and has talked up the potential of 18-year-old academy graduate Axel Tuanzebe.

    Marcos Rojo, whom United want to sell, even made the bench ahead of Jones for the wins over Leicester and Bournemouth.
    Mourinho wants a 26-man squad for the new season and, although it would be a surprise if Jones and Rojo both went, he has ready-made replacements in Fonte and Tuanzebe. Cameron Borthwick-Jackson is wanted by Wolves, currently third in the Championship table and unbeaten after four games.

    The 19-year-old signed defender a new contract days after Jose Mourinho's appointment in May but M.E.N. Sport revealed last month Borthwick-Jackson had been advised on a loanmove.

    An inferior United left-back - Tyler Blackett - could be in line for a defensive masterclass from Jaap Stam at Reading. GetReading claims The Royals could sign the 22-year-old permanently, who had a terrible year on loan at Celtic.

    And there is an revelatory line in this morning's Observer : United want to sign Fonte from Southampton.

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SPACE
    Posts
    1,779
    My Reputation Points: 473 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by red amoeba View Post
    Arse is desperate. Anyone who play defender is in their radar. Phil jones ? I will pay for his cab fare to Emirates.
    LOL! Not a good idea. It will set you back by a few hundred quids for sure. Just drop him off a plane, ahem.... without a parachute ie. After six blardy years, he has yet to come good and stay injury free.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SPACE
    Posts
    1,779
    My Reputation Points: 473 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    If they get a CD, it will be game on for the race to the premier league title.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SPACE
    Posts
    1,779
    My Reputation Points: 473 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Mourinho and Man Utd at odds over immediate Fonte deal

    Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is pushing to sign Southampton skipper Jose Fonte.

    The Sun says United top brass say some big-earners must be moved out before he can add to the Old Trafford playroll.

    Mourinho is pressing United to allow him the defensive reinforcements he needs and is pre*paring a bid of around £12million for Southampton defender Fonte.

    Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward insists on trimming the squad first.

    Yet Woodward has yet to secure a sale or loan deal for any of United's senior players even though Marcos Rojo and Bastian Schweinsteiger have been available all summer.

    Daley Blind has played alongside summer signing Eric Bailly, but Mourinho is concerned about the Dutchman's lack of height.

    Fonte, 32, is stronger in the air and has four seasons' Premier League experience with Saints.


    Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...3yepPlGTlHE.99

    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Dark side of the moon
    Posts
    9,635
    My Reputation Points: 4075 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Exits over the weekend

    22 August

    Tyler Blackett [Manchester United - Reading] Undisclosed
    Cameron Borthwick-Jackson [Manchester United - Wolves] Loan

    20 August


    James Wilson [Manchester United - Derby] Loan

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    in a longkang somewhere in Mozambique
    Posts
    8,792
    My Reputation Points: 961 / Power: 9

    Default Re: Red Devils 2016-2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallego99 View Post
    Mourinho and Man Utd at odds over immediate Fonte deal

    Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is pushing to sign Southampton skipper Jose Fonte.

    The Sun says United top brass say some big-earners must be moved out before he can add to the Old Trafford playroll.

    Mourinho is pressing United to allow him the defensive reinforcements he needs and is pre*paring a bid of around £12million for Southampton defender Fonte.

    Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward insists on trimming the squad first.

    Yet Woodward has yet to secure a sale or loan deal for any of United's senior players even though Marcos Rojo and Bastian Schweinsteiger have been available all summer.

    Daley Blind has played alongside summer signing Eric Bailly, but Mourinho is concerned about the Dutchman's lack of height.

    Fonte, 32, is stronger in the air and has four seasons' Premier League experience with Saints.


    Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...3yepPlGTlHE.99

    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********
    if Phil Jones move to Stoke, Mourniho's hand will be stronger - which i think it will be.

    Jones will want to leave to keep a chance with Sam Allarydace team.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Red Letter Bombs and Pek Kim Matters
    By Pek Kim Lui in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-07-2013, 09:18 AM
  2. Wear Red And White For Those Attending NDP
    By clinton666 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 02:02 AM
  3. China is not little red dot.
    By Stingray2008 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
  4. Madrid 2016 bid organisers head to Beijing for inspiration
    By PCIOFC in forum Sports/Games/Hobbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-07-2008, 08:06 AM
  5. Seeing red over "free" notebook
    By Microsoft in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24-07-2008, 05:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •