• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Zlatan's goal should have stood. The referee disallowed it for dangerous play. I really have my doubts about the quality of referees in the premier league.

Martial was an intimidating figure throughout the game. Hope he'll bang in more in the weeks to come. Such an exciting player!!!!:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
We got lucky when Fenghouli saw red and Ibra scored from an offside position. Poor decisions by the referee Mike Dean and the linesman. It was the same with the Pool game when Mane was clearly offside before he scored. What is going on with the referees???!!!!:mad:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to Boss and Zhihau for SOS :p

_93351712_star_zpsj97wgugt.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fellaini to score again this weekend.:biggrin:
Oh no, Jose's triggering the mop's extension to 2018!:eek:

[h=1]Marouane Fellaini: Man Utd boss Mourinho
triggers midfielder's contract extension[/h]http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38590948

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh no, Jose's triggering the mop's extension to 2018!:eek:

If they dun do anything about the core central defensive positions, you can be sure Fellaini will be around. They will probably decide to keep or sell him in the summer.The club needs to recoup some of the investments made on players. It would be best if Basti and Memphis follow Schneiderlin this January followed by another purge in the summer.Players like Jones, Young,Rojo,Januzaj, Rooney and Fellaini to follow but I have to say some are playing very well under Mou.

It's good to see Mou at ease these days and it augurs well for the club.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man Utd v Liverpool:
Jurgen Klopp expects Old Trafford 'fight'

Manchester United v Liverpool
Venue: Old Trafford Kick-off: Sunday, 15 January, 16:00 GMT

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says his team are preparing for a "fight" in Sunday's "special" Premier League game at rivals Manchester United.
The Reds go to Old Trafford fourth in the table and without a win in three matches, while Jose Mourinho's sixth-placed United side are unbeaten in 15.
Asked about the game's significance, Klopp said: "I hear it when I talk to different people.
"It's very, very big - but my players know their responsibilities."

Liverpool are eight points behind leaders Chelsea after Saturday's fixtures and their most recent match was a 1-0 defeat by Southampton in their EFL Cup semi-final first leg, which Klopp said they should have lost by more.

"Because of our last game it is like, 'oh my God, and now it's Manchester United' - but we will be competitive," added the 49-year-old German.
"There is a moment when you realise this is really different, but we will realise too that we are Liverpool, so let's show this.
"Everyone who wants to see a real fight for a result, yeah, watch it. It is a special game."

In-form United are five points behind Liverpool and last time out beat Hull 2-0 - their ninth victory in a row - in the other EFL Cup semi-final first leg.
"Nobody is nervous, everybody wants to play," said Mourinho.
"I am sure Jurgen is the same and Liverpool's players are the same, so let's make a big match. It is three points, plus the emotional side of it."

The 53-year-old Portuguese recently asked United fans to be more vocal at Old Trafford, and he repeated the sentiment when explaining his take on one of British football's most iconic fixtures.

"The fans understand the feeling better than I do - but I've been here for a few months and I understand the dimension of this rivalry," he said.
"Now it is just a question of them trying to give us extra in a match that for them means a little bit more. They have to make us feel that feeling."

Analysis
BBC Sport chief football writer Phil McNulty

Manchester United and Liverpool will be looking to their game-changing players to shape the latest episode of this fierce rivalry.

United manager Mourinho will want Paul Pogba and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to demonstrate once more the partnership - helped by the stabilising midfield influence of Michael Carrick - that they have shown so far this season while Liverpool counterpart Klopp will hope fit-again Phillipe Coutinho can give side his that extra dimension.

Two players who will also have a significant influence on who comes out on top will be United's Carrick and Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson, who Klopp will hope is available to start after a heel injury.

Liverpool look more vulnerable without Henderson, who has grown into a mature and outstanding midfield anchor this season.

The likes of Ibrahimovic, Pogba and Coutinho will splash colours on the canvas - but the importance of more understated players like Carrick and Henderson cannot be underestimated on Sunday.

Lawro's prediction

BBC football expert and Former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson
Manchester United got a 0-0 draw at Anfield in October in a game that was basically a Jose Mourinho masterpiece. His gameplan was to restrict Liverpool to relatively few chances - and it worked.

United will be far more ambitious in attack at Old Trafford, however, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has some big decisions to make over the fitness of some of his players.
This is a massive game for both teams and I think it will end up with a point apiece.
Prediction: 1-1

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why Man Utd & Liverpool rivalry runs deep

A brief history of the rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester United that has run for more than 120 years,
from the opening of the Ship Canal, through the Merseybeat & Madchester music scenes and on to two of the game's most influential managers.

Interesting video

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37673147

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
An entertaining but scrappy game. Paul Pogba failed to pick up the player for the umpteenth time. It was one of the poorest performance by Paul's standard. I expect him to rebound in the next game.

United had their chances but fell short yet again. Pool played well to apply the pressure and stop United from playing their free flowing style. It stifled United for most of the game but the pressure tapered towards the final quarter. As Ferguson previously mentioned, he has never seen a team anywhere in Europe applying that kind of pressure throughout the full 90 mins.

It was a bit disappointing that Rashford didn't play. Mou brought on Rooney to keep the shape of the team. Bringing Rashford on would have tilt that balance. Suffice to say,Fellaini's introduction was no surprise. They needed height and not pace to trouble Pool's back 4 and it did just that. The funny thing about players like Fellaini is that their form come in patches and when he's good,he's really good. He had a good game and the subs Mou made were the right ones. Pity that there were only two goals and personally I'm not surprise that Pool is at the top end of the table. They were very good.:mad::biggrin:

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just hope that this game will serve as a reminder to Mou on why he needs a center half right now and not later. Jones will buckle under pressure. It's high pressure games like this that will determine the Premier League Champions or finishing top 4. There's nothing like a stable and steady back 4 and keeper to win big games.:biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Clearer that Roon's past his prime. Mhiki was his recent usual, with cutting passes. Zlatan made good his chance despite poor service. Gratifying he brought in Mata. Only reasonable chance of silverware is the league cup and FA

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would have thought Champions League qualification is even more of a priority.
Missing out on 2 consecutive seasons is just not acceptable to a club of this calibre.
Europa League is not good enough.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The margin among the six top teams is so slim. Better for the club to set their goals high. The big games will decide the CL qualifiers.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No real loss, parting of ways best for both player (over-rated) and club.

Manchester United: Memphis Depay makes move to Lyon

Manchester United have sold Netherlands forward Memphis Depay to French Ligue 1 club Lyon.
It is thought the fee is £16m rising to £21.7m, with the add-ons including Lyon qualifying for the Champions League and Depay getting a new contract.
United have also agreed buy-back and sell-on clauses.

Depay, 22, has scored seven goals in 53 appearances since joining United in a £31m move from PSV Eindhoven in May 2015. The initial fee was about £25m.
The deal with PSV is thought to have included a number of add-ons which have not been met.
Lyon are fourth in Ligue 1, 11 points behind leaders Monaco and eight points behind PSG in third, the closest Champions League qualification place.
This season Depay has made eight appearances for United, but has featured for eight minutes since the end of October.

Depay a 'fantastic professional'
However, United boss Jose Mourinho put that down to the competition for places at Old Trafford.
"From my perspective, instead of trying to say why it didn't work, I think it is easier for me - and he deserves me to say - that he was a fantastic professional," said Mourinho.
"So if somebody thinks it didn't work because he was not a great professional, it is totally wrong.
"One thing is some picture that somebody takes with him in an amazing car or dressing in a very specific way, but the image is totally wrong.
"The guy is a fantastic professional, he is a kid that respected everyone, a kid that tried to work hard to get more chances, a kid that was frustrated because he was not having that, but I only have good things to say about him."

He added: "If I can find a little reason, it is to say he is a player from one position and the only position where we have overbooking. Wingers are what we have more of, so it is a position more difficult to have chances."

Depay was the Dutch Eredivisie's top scorer in 2014-15 and was brought to United under then-manager Louis Van Gaal, who had given him his Netherlands debut.

He becomes the latest high-profile Van Gaal signing to be sold on.

Argentina attacking midfielder Angel di Maria signed for a then-British record fee of £59.7m in August 2014, but was sold to Paris St-Germain for £44.3m a year later.

Morgan Schneiderlin, who signed from Southampton for £25m, was sold to Everton on 12 January for a fee rising to £24m.
Former Germany captain Bastian Schweinsteiger was also brought to Old Trafford by Van Gaal, joining from Bayern Munich for a reported £14.4m.
However, the 32-year-old has played just 16 minutes under Mourinho this term.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38663810