• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Red Devils 2016-2017

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TWO TO GO Guillermo Varela and Tyler Blackett set to be made casualties of Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United revolution

Youngsters put up for sale as ex-Chelsea manager prefers academy products, Axel Tuanzebe and Timothy Fosu-Mensah

JOSE MOURINHO will look to sell Guillermo Varela and Tyler Blackett as he continues his Old Trafford revolution.
SunSport exclusively revealed how the new Manchester United manager will look to get rid of EIGHT players from the current squad.

And Mourinho appears to have deemed the youngsters surplus to requirements.

Red Devils fans should not see this decision as an indication the former Chelsea boss does not value the club’s youth academy, as he sees Axel Tuanzebe and Timothy Fosu-Mensah as better options.

Several United players face uncertain futures.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-jose-mourinhos-manchester-united-revolution/

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time's up, especially now after Euro

Manchester United will axe EIGHT players this summer .
Morgan Schneiderlin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Memphis Depay
and Juan Mata may all go
- as could Daley Blind, Marcos Rojo and
Adnan Januzaj (Sun)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mata exchange for Pogba?

Manchester United's Paul Pogba transfer chase takes new twist
as they offer Juventus Juan Mata in part-exchange

Juan Mata has been offered to Juventus in a bid by Manchester United to land £100million-rated French midfielder Paul Pogba, writes Steve Bates in the Sunday People.

New Old Trafford boss Jose Mourinho is willing to sacrifice playmaker Mata to grab former United starlet Pogba in a world-record deal with the Turin-based Serie A champions.

The Special One sold Mata to the Red Devils for £37.1m in January 2014 when he was Chelsea manager, believing the Spanish international didn't possess the physicality and dynamic presence he wanted in his midfield.

And those close to Mourinho claim that opinion hasn't changed, meaning the 28-year-old star is on borrowed time in Manchester.

It's a grim scenario for Mata, who is a popular figure in the dressing room, around the club and amongst fans.

His best hope is that Mourinho will use him as back-up. But that would represent a major comedown for the Spaniard, who has scored 26 goals in 104 games for the club.

Italian sources claim Mata has been offered to Juve with United desperate to land 23-year-old powerhouse Pogba, who will anchor the France midfield in Sunday's Euro 2016 final against Portugal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-uniteds-paul-pogba-transfer-8384518

attachment.php

The club colours may be different but Mourinho's view of Mata appears the same

Attachments

• Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Chelsea-Premier-League.jpg
    Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Chelsea-Premier-League.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 605

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's how silly and desperate United looks. Juve are in the driver's seat. They've bought Pjanic as Pogba's replacement and they're hoping to use the Pogba sale to fund their purchases this season.United has one of the worst group of negotiators in football history and it makes matters worse with a manager who keeps insisting on a single player.If United pays more than what is reported which I honestly doubt (it's pure BS from the tabloids), then fans should demand from Jose all 4 trophies including the worthless ones in his first season in charge.

Jose has wasted so much time with this pursuit when United could be better served looking at others. Walk away and look elsewhere.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One of my fave players before the nasty one last fall. Good to have Luke back

Luke Shaw makes comeback in Jose Mourinho's first Manchester United game

Manchester United defender Luke Shaw returned from a 10-month injury lay-off in Jose Mourinho's first game in charge of the club in a friendly at Wigan.

Left-back Shaw has been out since suffering a double fracture of his right leg last September and played the first half against the Latics.
New United signings Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Eric Bailly also started as they made their debuts at the DW Stadium.

Goals from Will Keane and Andreas Pereira gave United a 2-0 win.

Mourinho's other summer signing, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, was absent, as the Swedish forward is on holiday having played at Euro 2016.
England players Wayne Rooney, Marcus Rashford and Chris Smalling were also unavailable following their international commitments. Mourinho confirmed the trio will go on the club's pre-season tour of China but will not play against Borussia Dortmund or Manchester City.

The Wigan game was goalless at half-time but Mourinho made seven changes at the break, with Keane and Juan Mata among those coming on.
United then took the lead when Latics keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen's mistake allowed Mata to square for Keane to sidefoot home.

Just before the hour Pereira made it 2-0, firing home after Ander Herrera's shot was blocked.

"When I found Luke Shaw in the training ground, it was a surprise for me because I thought he cannot be ready," said Mourinho.
"But he did fantastic in the summer, sacrificed his holiday, staying in the city and training every day.
He is trying hard and was mad to play more than 45 minutes but for me, it's better 45 safe than more, so let's go step by step."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36814631

attachment.php

Attachments

• l shaw.jpg
    l shaw.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 579

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's nice to see Shaw back on his feet. Showed great attitude by working out during the summer. Mou is right that he should take a step at a time. Anyway, it's great to have him back!!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not expecting Mou to win any silverware this season and I don't think it will be a failure if he doesn't. As long as he brings passion back to the club, that would be an achievement in itself.

Mou will need more players for sure. I hope he brings in two or three more players and we're good to go.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In contrary I expect him to win something - the charity shield for one

If Pogba joins, immediately the stake is up and he must win at least the Europa cup. Getting CL finishing for next season is the default - not even an achievement. If Pogba is not signed - at least challenge for Premier League.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luke shaw - I wonder if he is not injured - perhaps LVG would still be in charge.

Yup, that crossed my mind too. I reckon they would not have finished 5th. The opportunities came and went as we lack the cutting edge and thrust which Shaw could have provded. Before the PSV game, he was easily the best player at United.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
In contrary I expect him to win something - the charity shield for one

If Pogba joins, immediately the stake is up and he must win at least the Europa cup. Getting CL finishing for next season is the default - not even an achievement. If Pogba is not signed - at least challenge for Premier League.

:smile: The shield is symbolic but you're right. It's a starter or a marker if you like of where we are under the new manager and the measurable progress that we've made at the end of the season.

Going by the last ditch attempt by Allegri to coax the player to stay, I'd say the possibility of Pogba returning is real. Whatever the price we're playing for the player, I say let's give Mourinho the full support and get on with the team building. The manager knows best the type of player that he needs.

We can send the young players for the Europa Cup. This is one tournament every top team wants to get out early and concentrate on their domestic competition.The long flights across borders is simply not worth it as it will take a lot out of the players. It's something Mou has to consider when he reaches that bridge.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another young one shoe-horned out.
I would rate him higher than say, Valencia. He has speed and his crossing is decent...don't understand why Mourinho decide against developing him.

=================

Manchester United's Guillermo Varela set for Frankfurt loan - sources
Guillermo Varela made four Premier League appearances last season.

Manchester United defender Guillermo Varela has agreed a loan move to Eintracht Frankfurt, sources close to the Premier League club have told ESPN FC.

New United boss Jose Mourinho is willing to let Varela leave Old Trafford as he does not figure in the Portuguese's plans.

Varela has not featured for United in preseason so far and has not been training with the first team as Mourinho made him available for offers.

Matteo Darmian, Antonio Valencia and Timothy Fosu-Mensah are all ahead of Varela in the right-back pecking order at United.

Eintracht Frankfurt have moved quickly to agree a deal for Varela and the defender is set to spend next season on loan in Germany with a view to a permanent deal.

Varela, who joined United in the summer of 2013 from Penarol, made 11 appearances under Louis van Gaal last season, but failed to figure after March following United's Europa League exit to Liverpool.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One before China

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mu china.jpg
    mu china.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 390
  • mu2.jpg
    mu2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going soon

[h=1]James Wilson, Tyler Blackett and Will Keane set for Man Utd exit as Jose Mourinho's squad overhaul continues[/h]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/19/james-wilson-tyler-blackett-and-will-keane-set-for-man-utd-exit/

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
100 million man scored his early goal for academy

[video]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3698220/Manchester-United-confident-land-Paul-Pogba-record-breaking-100m-Juan-Mata-four-departures.html#v-3044862805001[/video]

attachment.php

Attachments

• pogba.jpg
    pogba.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 543