• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Is it worthwhile to upgrade your Windows to 10 ?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is precisely the reason why I switched from Mac to Windows. The hardware is expensive when it goes out of fashion. Even if I get a spanking new Mac now which will make me look super cool in MacDonald's, I know after 3 years my heart will begin to itch for a new model.

Is it true to Windows 10 requires 8 MB RAM ? My PC only has 4 MB.

it is better to run with 8GB, definitely faster. go sim lim and buy extra 4gb for your lappy, $20 to $30.

use the tool below to find what ram specs u using now:

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this b4 installing

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2972298/microsoft-windows/10-reasons-you-shouldnt-upgrade-to-windows-10.html#slide1

Here's the bit that could put you off..

"..........Most disconcerting of all are the privacy questions. Peter Bright at Ars Technica has a disturbing revelation that, even with all of the Win10 security settings on Off, Win10 still sends some data to the Microsoft Mothership. The simple fact is that Microsoft hasn’t told us what data it’s collecting -- there’s a short note at the end of Bright’s article -- although the EULA says it can do nearly anything with the data it collects. Stack Exchange has an insightful thread on the topic".

There's a way around this. You can reconfigure your settings or look for the solutions on the net. It's available. As certain as death and taxes, you can ALWAYS count on Microsoft to piss off their users each time they come up with something new.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! 4MB ram???? That's like stone age if you ask me. It must be darn slow......

Things to consider b4 jumping onto the RAM bandwagon

1.Your mudder board. The RAM size is limited by your motherboard. It is wasteful if you get say a 16MB RAM if your motherboard's RAM cap is only 8.

2. User needs.

You can be sure that any upgraded OS with more features will chomp quite a bit of space and memory-much like your bloatware on your mobile.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow! 4MB ram???? That's like stone age if you ask me. It must be darn slow......

Things to consider b4 jumping onto the RAM bandwagon

1.Your mudder board. The RAM size is limited by your motherboard. It is wasteful if you get say a 16MB RAM if your motherboard's RAM cap is only 8.

2. User needs.

You can be sure that any upgraded OS with more features will chomp quite a bit of space and memory-much like your bloatware on your mobile.

no lah, he typo error, how can it only be 4MB? :rolleyes:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
no lah, he typo error, how can it only be 4MB? :rolleyes:

No typo error.

I am running on Intel Pentium 2020M @ 2.4GHz.

The RAM is indeed 4MB.

It's a 17" laptop. I bought it for the big screen for less than S$700.

I don't play video games. I watch plenty of videos online, though.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No typo error.

The RAM is indeed 4MB.

no way, i dun believe your crap. either you are a garang guni collector or working somewhere for a computer museum.:biggrin:

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Window$ 10000 anyone?

[h=1]Woman Sues Microsoft Over Unwanted Windows 10 Upgrade, Wins $10,000[/h]A few days after Microsoft released Windows 10 to the public last year, Teri Goldstein’s computer started trying to download and install the new operating system.
The update, which she says she didn’t authorize, failed. Instead, the computer she uses to run her Sausalito, Calif., travel-agency business slowed to a crawl. It would crash, she says, and be unusable for days at a time.
“I had never heard of Windows 10,” Goldstein said. “Nobody ever asked me if I wanted to update.”
When outreach to Microsoft’s customer support didn’t fix the issue, Goldstein took the software giant to court, seeking compensation for lost wages and the cost of a new computer.

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
No typo error.

The RAM is indeed 4MB.

If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:

•Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
•RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
•Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
•Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12660/windows-8-system-requirements

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:

•Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz)* or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
•RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
•Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
•Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12660/windows-8-system-requirements

this specs are minimal, you will feel that a snail is crawling.