• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Denise Phua Tay Khor

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
March 30, 2009
Threat to hurt MP case
ln-sg-denis-phua.jpg

MP says she will help family

MP FOR Jalan Besar GRC Denise Phua (left) on Monday said she is sorry to hear that rag-and-bone man Ng Kim Ngweng was sentenced to six months' jail, shortly after he was convicted of threatening to cause her hurt. --ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN

MP FOR Jalan Besar GRC Denise Phua on Monday said she is sorry to hear that rag-and-bone man Ng Kim Ngweng was sentenced to six months' jail, shortly after he was convicted of threatening to cause her hurt.
The 49-year-old was found guilty after an eight-day trial.

Said Ms Phua of the sentence: 'I am sorry to hear that Mr Ng has been sentenced to six months.

'Let me stress that I am not the party who asked for Mr Ng to be charged. Whatever the situation, the Judge has made the decision.

'I maintain my stand that I will help Mr Ng and his family members, as their MP. Up till now, I am still in contact with his family members and assisting them.

'Mrs Ng took the trouble to visit me at my Meet-The-People's session recently to apologise to me. I am glad she has found a job and the family's financial situation has improved.

'I will continue to assist Mr Ng upon his release to the best of my ability.'

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did anyone read or hear her try to stop the charges from going forward??

Now sentenced liao say she didnt want it to happen

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad. Rag and bone man finally managed to get her attention and his family is getting help now.

Looks like these MPs need more than high salaries to be motivated to help residents

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to agree with you on this.

Lip service, that's what these DOGS are good at. :biggrin:

Yup. If she had really helped his family, as she claims she will now continue to do, then he wouldnt have did what he did in the first place.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did anyone read or hear her try to stop the charges from going forward??

Now sentenced liao say she didnt want it to happen

They jailed, "oliver" who begged for more gruel, and bad mouthed the giver..now the giver, with deep compasionate heart will still help the family.

Doesn't this sound hypocrtical?..she should have just forgive the man, get him medical help & tell the court to forgive the charges:mad:

What a hyprocrite...:mad:

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
they jailed, "oliver" who begged for more gruel, and bad mouthed the giver..now the giver, with deep compasionate heart will still help the family.

Doesn't this sound hypocrtical?..she should have just forgive the man, get him medical help & tell the court to forgive the charges:mad:

What a hyprocrite...:mad:

在她的心里只有两个子“该死“

可在她口里只能说“可惜“

人面兽心!

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try tell the police your neighbour threaten you and see whether they got 6 months jail or not.
Bloody two system, one for elite and the other for lesser mortal.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
March 30, 2009
Threat to hurt MP case
ln-sg-denis-phua.jpg

MP says she will help family

MP FOR Jalan Besar GRC Denise Phua (left) on Monday said she is sorry to hear that rag-and-bone man Ng Kim Ngweng was sentenced to six months' jail, shortly after he was convicted of threatening to cause her hurt. --ST PHOTO: NG SOR LUAN

MP FOR Jalan Besar GRC Denise Phua on Monday said she is sorry to hear that rag-and-bone man Ng Kim Ngweng was sentenced to six months' jail, shortly after he was convicted of threatening to cause her hurt.
The 49-year-old was found guilty after an eight-day trial.

Said Ms Phua of the sentence: 'I am sorry to hear that Mr Ng has been sentenced to six months.

'Let me stress that I am not the party who asked for Mr Ng to be charged. Whatever the situation, the Judge has made the decision.

'I maintain my stand that I will help Mr Ng and his family members, as their MP. Up till now, I am still in contact with his family members and assisting them.

'Mrs Ng took the trouble to visit me at my Meet-The-People's session recently to apologise to me. I am glad she has found a job and the family's financial situation has improved.

'I will continue to assist Mr Ng upon his release to the best of my ability.'

A big drop of crocodile tears.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The poor fella did not threaten her directly but said it to a third party.
I just can't help comparing it to the case of the company boss wife who slapped the SIA stewardess and was allowed to settle out of court.

Why can't this case (where there is no actual physical contact or even direct confrontation) be settled out of court?

Let the voters decide in the next election.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
The man was obviously desperate for help. WIth all the propaganda of/ how good the pappies are and how no one will be left behind, he naturally thought that she was not doing her job in helping him and his family. Sinkies like this actually believed in the garment in that if you want to work, there will be jobs and that you can pay for your home and for your family as long as you want to work.

That may be true years ago but after the gates opened for FTs, sinkies become 2nd class citizens and even if they want a job there is only sweeper and toilet cleaner jobs for them.

Bravo to the pappies for showing their true colors and to Phua for showing us her despicable torn undies.