• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat PAP MP ALex Yam ask BCA to check if heavy lift usage cause unreliability. Brilliant!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: PAP MP ALex Yam ask BCA to check if heavy lift usage cause unreliability. Brillia

I think more the problem is that these lifts are now being maintained by the cheapest FT they can find. If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys. If u wonder why BCA would let this quality of lift be installed in flats and wonder why there were not more stringent and regular inspections, just look for whether the org is headed by a Scholar. In the case of BCA, confirmed got one fucktard Ex scholar BG Lee Fook Sun, who is the Chairman now. Any org touched by a scholar general is condemned, and shit useless.

In my area.....they reduced the number of lift maintenance people, you pass by these people, you can hear from their accent, Malaysians or Malaysians PR...everyday when I pass by, their tiny office under the stairs....grumbling... there are checks, but who is checking the checks?... for example.. the fire panels in a building, I used to mange, when I took over...I checked.....the fire alarms did not work, the sprinkler system is not functioning....the central fire alarm panel, I have to search & find....& found, it was broken & the main alarm to the fires station CUT....so, don't ask me, if the building burn down, MY FAULT.....every year for the last 5 years, before I came in....it was signed & certified by all the RELEVANT bodies....ha ha ha....Yes, on paper & filed with the proper authorities....on-site, that is another story...never mind the passenger & cargo lifts.....that is another long story.....ha ha ha

This what we get....we pay for what we get...we vote for what we get....your life, your money....is in their hands...

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: PAP MP ALex Yam ask BCA to check if heavy lift usage cause unreliability. Brillia

I can see where he's going.

He wants to impose coe's for lifts. Start of with liftpooling. That's how coe is born.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I can see where he's going.

He wants to impose coe's for lifts. Start of with liftpooling. That's how coe is born.

Don't encourage the PAP. They will start charging for the use of the lifts, like ERP. You must drop a coin to operate the lift. And they will charge you by how many floors you travel. Their excuse is that it will reduce the usage of the lift and hence increase reliability.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What the failed actor is trying to say, which he cannot is better articulated below

http://www.theliftconsultancy.co.uk...replacementlift-duty-and-lift-life-expectancy

As for the useless 60 and 70 year old experts who talk rubbish about lifts lasting up 28 years, what was not said which would have also affected how you cheat properly when buying substandard lifts is how often a lift is used daily and the total distance travelled. That will give you the possible wear and tear that could have accumulated. It is possible for an intensively used lift to have an overhaul under 10 years. Our Hyundai taxis here clock more mileage than a car in 10 years. I pity the idiots who buy second hand in a foreign country, basically a defacto scrapped taxi. That should also explain to you why some jokers do not bother to maintain the taxis and use third rated tires that can make a mercedes taxi feel like a qq.

As a real technocrat, we should be hearing what a typical lift goes through in terms of a hdb usage, what is the recommended usage for the lifts and whether the maintenance or overhaul is necessary. Installing logs for each lift that is fed back to a centralized monitoring system is better than installing millions of CCTVs that cannot spot Al Qaida coming in out of the rock without of incompetent police knowing.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What the failed actor is trying to say, which he cannot is better articulated below

http://www.theliftconsultancy.co.uk...replacementlift-duty-and-lift-life-expectancy

As for the useless 60 and 70 year old experts who talk rubbish about lifts lasting up 28 years, what was not said which would have also affected how you cheat properly when buying substandard lifts is how often a lift is used daily and the total distance travelled. That will give you the possible wear and tear that could have accumulated. It is possible for an intensively used lift to have an overhaul under 10 years. Our Hyundai taxis here clock more mileage than a car in 10 years. I pity the idiots who buy second hand in a foreign country, basically a defacto scrapped taxi. That should also explain to you why some jokers do not bother to maintain the taxis and use third rated tires that can make a mercedes taxi feel like a qq.

As a real technocrat, we should be hearing what a typical lift goes through in terms of a hdb usage, what is the recommended usage for the lifts and whether the maintenance or overhaul is necessary. Installing logs for each lift that is fed back to a centralized monitoring system is better than installing millions of CCTVs that cannot spot Al Qaida coming in out of the rock without of incompetent police knowing.

what happened to those urine detectors they used to have on the lifts? More pee in the lift means more usage, right? LOL

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

The thing is about finding something to ask so as to get the media exposure to show the residents their MP is speaking up.

jw5

Loyal

Pappies are the experts in stating or asking the obvious. Next thing he will be telling you that you can choose to use the lift or use the stairs. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Pappies are the experts in stating or asking the obvious. Next thing he will be telling you that you can choose to use the lift or use the stairs. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Soon, the fucktard Vivian the Chindian will be chiming in:

"How many lifts do you want to ride a day? Do you want three rides in Otis, Fujitec, or Mitsubishi?"

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What would be the response if all the breakdowns and injuries were to be in Ajuneid or Hougang?

This is a Town Council issue and WP should ask them back the same questions and ask for a proper audit/inspection by independent auditors /inspectors .

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What would be the response if all the breakdowns and injuries were to be in Ajuneid or Hougang?

This is a Town Council issue and WP should ask them back the same questions and ask for a proper audit/inspection by independent auditors /inspectors .

Attribute your quote to Li Ao.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Singaporeans had it too good these days. In the good old days when lifts stopped at say the 6th, 10th and 15th floors lifts were so much more reliable and Singaporeans were so much healthier - good for the equipment and better for the people.

kkbutterfly

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is because modern day lift use more sensors (etc doors sensors, smoke detector, overweight sensors, level sensors, water detection sensor,abnormal speed detection, vibration sensor ) than 1970s lift.
if a lift have 30 sensors, just only 1 sensor malfunction, the entire lift will crawl to a halt.
sensor wise, you cant do regular servicing. When it malfunction, you just replace a new one.

today you send you your bmw for servicing.., the technican aren't going to check every of your sensors in the car.

tomorrow, the thermostat break down,and you kpkb

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think Singaporeans had it too good these days. In the good old days when lifts stopped at say the 6th, 10th and 15th floors lifts were so much more reliable and Singaporeans were so much healthier - good for the equipment and better for the people.
dey shud bring it back ... juz like 1 burger said about collecting cardbords, sinkies wud wanna do it 4 ze exercise ...

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal

If only more forum members here think like you there will be more understanding in this society. Thank you kkbutterfly.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dumbass Alex: propose to have daily lift usage quota. Once exceeded daily quota all residents must use staircase.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal

dey shud bring it back ... juz like 1 burger said about collecting cardbords, sinkies wud wanna do it 4 ze exercise ...

You've got it right. Very enlightened.

Yamato

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dumbass Alex: propose to have daily lift usage quota. Once exceeded daily quota all residents must use staircase.

Agree it's very stupid suggestion. He should at least say lift after exceeded daily quota will continue to operate for old folks above 65 or handicap, show more compassion.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Yes, they will then hire a contractor company owned by a Crassloot member to stand in front of all the lifts with a counter and count everyone using it Once the limit is reached, then turn off the lift?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have ELP Electronic Lift Pricing. If lifts become pay per use, it will discourage molesters from following little girls into the lifts.