• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat NUS launches Bachelor of Hawker-preneur! Please support Joey at Ci Yuan.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Hawker-preneur' programme popular with diploma holders, grads

Who: Miss Joey Teo, 27, selling satay beehoon and laksa at Ci Yuan Hawker Centre

Past: Diploma in psychology, pursuing a part-time degree in business, former logistics assistant

Why: "My friends thought that I wouldn't be able to stand the heat and stand for long hours, but I always wanted to open a stall selling laksa because it is my favourite dish.

"Opening a cafe is too common nowadays and I also had to consider factors like capital.

"Manpower is my biggest challenge. I now hire two part-time assistants to help me.

"Initially, I had problems commanding respect among my staff because of my age. I have to learn to be respectful and firm at the same time."

20160611_joey_np.jpg

ssembed4.jpg

brucelee777

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stay within 500m of Ci Yuan. I have seen her on several occasions. Didn't know she was a diploma grad. it is admirable for her to take up the hawker trade. Indeed she is wife material; I agree with bro Bonut!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her business will shoot up the stratosphere with so many admirers in SBF. :biggrin:

How many bowls of laksa do you have to eat a day at her stall to get a date?

brucelee777

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her business will shoot up the stratosphere with so many admirers in SBF. :biggrin:

How many bowls of laksa do you have to eat a day at her stall to get a date?

im old and desperate. hope sbf bros gimme chance. she is my last hope since i don't go for viet cai. problem is i don't like to eat satay beehoon and the laksa sold by her. how?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im old and desperate. hope sbf bros gimme chance. she is my last hope since i don't go for viet cai. problem is i don't like to eat satay beehoon and the laksa sold by her. how?

You buy laksa for others. You score a goal with her for your charity to others. Sure got chance.

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
BruceLee, u can offer yourself as her assistant on the daily chores! Serving the customers, clearing the empty bowls and canvassing the sales by using the loud hailer!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabei can only cook laksa....everyday eat until you sick

Salah ! It's Laksa plus Satay Beehoon. If she becomes your wife, your Laksa and Satay Beehoon will get a very special hum.

In Singapore context, if you can find a educated lady who can cook or willing to cook, it's already very 难得。

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
You buy laksa for others. You score a goal with her for your charity to others. Sure got chance.

Very easy, especially if you are some grassloots or church committee members. Just organize a party or some lunch gathering using grassloots money or church funds and order one cauldron of Laksa from her. Sure can get her phone number as you need to liaise with her.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
let's see old fart LHL will queue in her stall.

if he does confirm he is lao tiko too.

Very easy, especially if you are some grassloots or church committee members. Just organize a party or some lunch gathering using grassloots money or church funds and order one cauldron of Laksa from her. Sure can get her phone number as you need to liaise with her.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
You tell us lah. Study psychology, work as logistic assistant, now hawker, then take part time business pang sai paper.:o Don't need bussiness degree to run an eatery, just basic book keeping can le. Know how to handle simple cashflow concept can le.

This young lady is a headless chicken:(

This shows PAP education system failed? Should adopt SDP Education policy?

mako65

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a good example of true entrepreneurship! As every one knows, the govt is inept in providing enuff jobs for the educated masses now unlike the yesteryears...Globalization rears it's ugly horns! Tink I shall be a hawker soon..Hahahahahaha!

brucelee777

Alfrescian
Loyal
You tell us lah. Study psychology, work as logistic assistant, now hawker, then take part time business pang sai paper.:o Don't need bussiness degree to run an eatery, just basic book keeping can le. Know how to handle simple cashflow concept can le.

This young lady is a headless chicken:(

bro, I have to admit your observations are very astute and spot-on! Great critical thinking skills. Looks like Ms Joey is more suited to be a housewife than a career woman. I would love to marry her. I am not looking for outstanding corporate types; I only need a virtuous housewife

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually Har, when I see young people manning the stall and everything new, I will avoid that stall.

Especially for laksa, those old folks selling with the gravy earthen pot as old as themselves, the laksa will be real good.

Same as in tea. You don't really wash the teapot.

So new people, new pots.......I give them a miss till years later, maybe.