• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why do foodcourt Cleaners clear your food

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
They clear even before you leave the table because:

1. Their performance is based on uncleared bowls and plates
2. Management wants them to clear table fast so that people would leave and table can be used by other customers

Ever been to McDonalds where people buy one cup of coffee and sit there for hours..

U r rite! Yes, besides the zonal system, their KPI is to try to harry u to finish and go!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they clear your food when u have barely finished ... But don't touch empty tables with dirty plates and trays..and stuff?? I've seen this couple of times and I talked to some of the Cleaners. Apparently they have kind of zonal system in place. Those not in my zone is not my problem, I just take care of my area. Sounds a bit like Soccer formation where each player takes care of his part of the pitch!

Hahaha....defending set pieces ?? :biggrin:

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I urge all customers to have patience with these cleaners. As of now most are lowly or not educated old folks who have no other hobbies than to clean tables.

Wait till the degree, masters and PHDs jobless PMETs take over these jobs, then they will raise the profile and standard of food court/market cleaners profession. As of now, these people are still at UBER/taxi driving stage. Won't be long. Just hang on your wraths a while more.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
I share my bad experience here.

One day I went to Newton hawker centre to have my xo sauce noodle.
Then I bought the noodle first then put on table and went to buy a drink.

While I came back, my noodle is gone. Not sure whether the cleaner clean my bowl, or someone took it and eat.

But I haven started to eat yet, and can see there is full bowl of noodle.

I dunno what to say. I only can conclude that I was bad luck that day and had to buy another bowl of noodle.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... One day I went to Newton hawker centre to have my xo sauce noodle.

While I came back, my noodle is gone. Not sure whether the cleaner clean my bowl, or someone took it and eat ...
eating alone in sinkielan tuff ...

dun haf sum1 2 chope table, skali bot fud oredi cannot find seat, cannot leave table wif fud unattended ...

ahmad

Alfrescian
Loyal

While I came back, my noodle is gone. Not sure whether the cleaner clean my bowl, or someone took it and eat.

I dunno what to say. I only can conclude that I was bad luck that day and had to buy another bowl of noodle.

You should chop table with tissue, not bowl of noodles :biggrin:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

Never leave your food unattended! In foodcourt the birds will be there in a flash a la Hitchcock!! Even air con food court not safe, people have seen birds inside shopping mall food court!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe stall owners just charge each customer extra $10.00 (refundable). If customers want the $10 refunded they just need to return their own plates to the counter (return tray counter)

Like that?....I will demand, they serve my meals on Wedgwood China's....silver or gold plated cutlery....I will glady leave $10 as deposit...even $20 , the extra $10 for service on good china'a & cutlery's...

Not to mention, another $10...for the cleaners, if they are dressed in tux or....

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I urge all customers to have patience with these cleaners. As of now most are lowly or not educated old folks who have no other hobbies than to clean tables.

Wait till the degree, masters and PHDs jobless PMETs take over these jobs, then they will raise the profile and standard of food court/market cleaners profession. As of now, these people are still at UBER/taxi driving stage. Won't be long. Just hang on your wraths a while more.

i urge all customers to bring the plate, fork and spoon home after eating. after, you already paid for the food, so if the hawkers want their utensils back it is only natural they have to pay the cleaners to do a good and fast job. if the job is not done to satisfaction, all customers should save the hawkers the hassle to spend money to wash, clean and arrange them for resale.

imagine the time and effort spent could be put to better use.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to check out Timbre+ since nothing to do whole week.

They have a tray return deposit refund machine there. Stall holders' cash register automatic charge a dollar to the food you ordered and you pay for it. Then when you return the tray at the tray return machine, the machine will automatic detect and refund you a dollar in coin.

Quite a good idea........until I saw customers brought their food to their table, unload the food from the tray and return the tray first. After eating, the bowls and utensils all still at the table!!!

I realize the machine cannot detect bowls and other stuff. It only detect trays!,

Good idea, but stewpig implementation. Did not considered the way human behavior and do things! Ended up, still need cleaners to clear used bowls and utensils on table!

Oh, by the way, if you go during lunch time when sun is shining bright, you be drenched in your sweat after your meal inside the oven-place.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
sir its a gay phone, you will have to sanitize the table and replace the chair each time. who dare to pick it even if paid to do so.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never leave your food unattended! In foodcourt the birds will be there in a flash a la Hitchcock!! Even air con food court not safe, people have seen birds inside shopping mall food court!

Birds still ok.....kns got malls got big fat rats!
Pap's Sg is indeed all inclusive