• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Why do foodcourt Cleaners clear your food

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they clear your food when u have barely finished ... But don't touch empty tables with dirty plates and trays..and stuff?? I've seen this couple of times and I talked to some of the Cleaners. Apparently they have kind of zonal system in place. Those not in my zone is not my problem, I just take care of my area. Sounds a bit like Soccer formation where each player takes care of his part of the pitch!

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we return our own trays this kind of things will not happen.

Get rid of all crutch mentality.

Its wrong!! Its sinful! That is why the world is totally messed up!

jw5

Loyal
Why they clear your food when u have barely finished ... But don't touch empty tables with dirty plates and trays..and stuff?? I've seen this couple of times and I talked to some of the Cleaners. Apparently they have kind of zonal system in place. Those not in my zone is not my problem, I just take care of my area. Sounds a bit like Soccer formation where each player takes care of his part of the pitch!

Couple Of Points:

1. They won't clear your food if you communicate clearly that you have not finished. :wink:

2. Don't assume you are in a restaurant when you are in a hawker centre or foodcourt. :biggrin:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why they clear your food when u have barely finished ... But don't touch empty tables with dirty plates and trays..and stuff?? ...
dey got wel defined job scope n kpi's 2 achieve ... dun believe can go ask their boss ...

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Couple Of Points:

1. They won't clear your food if you communicate clearly that you have not finished. :wink:

2. Don't assume you are in a restaurant when you are in a hawker centre or foodcourt. :biggrin:

I have got my bowl of noodles cleared from me right under my nose, at the SGH Kopitiam canteen, when I took a pause in eating. The idiot did not even ask me whether :

a he has my permission to clear my bowl of noodles;
b I have finished with my bowl of noodles.

He just came snooping in and took the bowl of unfinished noodles and poured it into the waste bin!!!

Let me put it in another perspective - whether they have their own territory to clear or not, or whatever kpis, I do not bloody care. What I want as a customer is for me to eat my food in peace, without idiots coming in to snatch off unfinished food, or have them watching me like a hawk and coming in to snatch my bowls. Whether I have finished eating the food in the bowl or plate is besides the point. The important point is that they need to respect the customers' privacy and personal space and leave them to finish their food in peace. The only time they should come in to clear is when I leave my seat, indicating very clearly I have finished with my eating.

Whatever the circumstances of the hawker centre or food court, whether it is busy or full of customers, it is time that cleaners and their supervisors to learn to show some respect to customers and leave them alone to finish their food in peace. Otherwise, the Alice episode is likely to happen again and again. Also, let not the dumb within the internet be mislead by the media or others to always think that the issue is that cleaners ought not to be 'abused???' even if they display disruptive behaviour against customers by clearing off their food before they have finished.:rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have got my bowl of noodles cleared from me right under my nose, at the SGH Kopitiam canteen, when I took a pause in eating. The idiot did not even ask me whether :

He just came snooping in and took the bowl of unfinished noodles and poured it into the waste bin!!!

Let me put it in another perspective - whether they have their own territory to clear or not, or whatever kpis, I do not bloody care. What I want as a customer is for me to eat my food in peace, without idiots coming in to snatch off unfinished food, or have them watching me like a hawk and coming in to snatch my bowls. Whether I have finished eating the food in the bowl or plate is besides the point. The important point is that they need to respect the customers' privacy and personal space and leave them to finish their food in peace. The only time they should come in to clear is when I leave my seat, indicating very clearly I have finished with my eating.

Whatever the circumstances of the hawker centre or food court, whether it is busy or full of customers, it is time that cleaners and their supervisors to learn to show some respect to customers and leave them alone to finish their food in peace. Otherwise, the Alice episode is likely to happen again and again. Also, let not the dumb within the internet be mislead by the media or others to always think that the issue is that cleaners ought not to be 'abused???' even if they display disruptive behaviour against customers by clearing off their food before they have finished.:rolleyes:

to get to the root cause, cleaners should not be clearing plates, bowls, trays from tables. they should just put away trash and wipe the table clean for the next customer as the basic incentive for eatery and stall owners is to clear space for customers to sit and eat in order to generate orders and revenue. trays of plates and bowls should be the territorial right and responsibility of the customer in order to avoid confusion, and if heshe chooses to leave everything behind on the table after hisher meal, the cleaner should not be responsible for it. the next customer will have to clear the tray to get a spot. after 6.9 days of soixante-neuf patience and tolerance, sinkies will get so tired and fed up of other sinkies not returning their trays that they will explode, either shaming them online and or bringing wrath and violent justice upon the lazy nincompoops. this will add interesting content and value to sbf - a plus for the site.

jw5

Loyal

This has never happened to me (yet), but what you experienced with that cleaner at that particular foodcourt is simply wrong. Obviously a case of poor training and supervision. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we return our own trays this kind of things will not happen.

Get rid of all crutch mentality.

Its wrong!! Its sinful! That is why the world is totally messed up!

No point in clearing your own, tray... which I do automatically since young....but look like a pariah...in a hawker's centre..I AM THE ONLY ONE DOING IT plus...the dirty trays get stacked up at the tray return section & become a birds feeding station plus other vermin attraction section..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This has never happened to me (yet), but what you experienced with that cleaner at that particular foodcourt is simply wrong. Obviously a case of poor training and supervision. :biggrin:

It had happened to me.....was still drinking my glass of Kopi-O...it still has a quarter left...was chatting with the person on front of me...the cleaner came along & took my glass of kopi-O...I did not even notices...never asked.

But this one not deaf & mute....I scolded him..

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Till this day, I can never understand how people can dirty their tables when eating, unless they eat behave like pigs and don't practice table manners. Even our family cat don't dirty the surrounding areas while eating:o

............wipe the table clean for the next customer as the basic incentive for eatery and stall owners is to clear space for customers to sit and eat in order to generate orders and revenue...........

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe stall owners just charge each customer extra $10.00 (refundable). If customers want the $10 refunded they just need to return their own plates to the counter (return tray counter)

jw5

Loyal
It had happened to me.....was still drinking my glass of Kopi-O...it still has a quarter left...was chatting with the person on front of me...the cleaner came along & took my glass of kopi-O...I did not even notices...never asked.

Another case of poor training and supervision by the cleaning company. Boh pian, just have to be more alert if you haven't finished your food or drink. :biggrin:

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
They clear even before you leave the table because:

1. Their performance is based on uncleared bowls and plates
2. Management wants them to clear table fast so that people would leave and table can be used by other customers

Ever been to McDonalds where people buy one cup of coffee and sit there for hours..

jw5

Loyal
They clear even before you leave the table because:

1. Their performance is based on uncleared bowls and plates
2. Management wants them to clear table fast so that people would leave and table can be used by other customers

Ever been to McDonalds where people buy one cup of coffee and sit there for hours..

Who has never been to McDonalds, you twit? :biggrin:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

I experience it too at sgh kopitiam.
Aunties eagerly waiting to clear your bowls even before u leave.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another case of poor training and supervision by the cleaning company. Boh pian, just have to be more alert if you haven't finished your food or drink. :biggrin:
wen ur fud or drinks stil haf sum left n u dunwan 2 miss any of all ur moniz worth, dun leave dem unguarded ... hold on 2 ze cup or bowl 2 protect it wen u twurn ur attention 2 chatting or sumting else ...

but den, sum cleaners sti dun c it n wil stil remov ur cup or plate ... but as dey try 2 pull it from u n feel ze resistance coming from ur grasp, dey wil realise dat u stil wan it n let go ... but den, after dat do u wanna continue wif ur fud or drink after their table cloth has touched ur plate, cup or bowl dat u were eating or drinking from? ...

jw5

Loyal
wen ur fud or drinks stil haf sum left n u dunwan 2 miss any of all ur moniz worth, dun leave dem unguarded ... hold on 2 ze cup or bowl 2 protect it wen u twurn ur attention 2 chatting or sumting else ...

but den, sum cleaners wil stil remov ur cup or plate ... but as dey try 2 pull it from u n feel ze resistance coming from ur grasp, dey wil realise dat u stil wan it n let go ... but den, after dat do u wanna continue wif ur fud or drink after their table cloth has touched ur plate, cup or bowl dat u were eating or drinking from? ...

They will normally try to take the plate or cup first before using the table cloth, so if your resistance is strong enough, your plate or cup will not be touched by the table cloth. :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do sinkies eat so slowly? Eat halfway chitchat chitchat look at mobile phone play game? Of course can clear otherwise how to hint you eat finish faster go?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They will normally try to take the plate or cup first before using the table cloth, so if your resistance is strong enough, your plate or cup will not be touched by the table cloth. :biggrin:
4 sum, dey hold table cloth in 1 hand n use same hand 2 remov ur cup or plate ... so, ze free corners of ze cloth may even fly on2 ur plate or cup ...

jw5

Loyal
4 sum, dey hold table cloth in 1 hand n use same hand 2 remov ur cup or plate ... so, ze free corners of ze cloth may even fly on2 ur plate or cup ...

This is terrible....................... :biggrin: