• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Foreign Giants challenge MHA's rules - MHA balls dropped and turn tail?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Reaffirming its long-standing support, a Google spokesperson said: “We’ve been proud supporters of Pink Dot since 2011.” Barclays also reiterated its stance of supporting the movement by directing TODAY to the Pink Dot website.

On the website, John Currie and Kok May Yin, co-chairs of Singapore Spectrum Network, Barclays LGBT Employee Network, had stated: “Barclays’ core value of respect underscores a commitment to treating employees equally, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability or sexuality. Our relationship with Pink Dot is an important element of our commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.”

A spokesperson for Goldman Sachs said it was “currently reviewing the Government’s statement”.

TODAY reached out to 15 corporate sponsors of the Pink Dot event following the MHA’s statement on Tuesday, but firms such as JP Morgan, Apple and Bloomberg declined to comment.

In that statement, the MHA had also said that it would “take steps to make it clear that foreign entities should not fund, support or influence” such events held at the Speakers’ Corner.

Yesterday, in response to further media queries on the issue of foreign corporate sponsorship for the Pink Dot event, the MHA said: “The Speakers’ Corner is meant for Singaporeans to speak and demonstrate without a permit, if certain exemption conditions are met. These include no participation by foreigners.”

It added: “MHA will take further steps, including reviewing the exemption conditions for Speakers’ Corner to make it clear that foreign entities should not fund, sponsor, support or influence such events held at the Speakers’ Corner.

“No action will be taken against the foreign corporate sponsors, and the event organisers, in relation to the foreign corporate sponsorships this year.”

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/no-action-against-foreign-sponsors-pink-dot-event-mha

Does it mean MHA is backing down?

Shows Govt has no balls to face up to Corporate giants......

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you care CREATUT for example...you make & sell world class sound system & have a worldwide business...& is LOCAL....you support pint dot....just see what MHA will react?.....& CREATUT is owned by the opposition MP....what will the reaction be?.....you will get a chorus of "angels" in parliament condemning that MP...

no?...you APPLE, MICROSHIT, GOOGLE, FACEBOOK....& ...... they will say...ahhh!..so soree!...'wrong lumber"..." what a mistake, me make"..

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The Singapore government should BAN all economic activity by companies that defy the instructions of the MHA.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The foreign MNCs management did not make those statements. It was the LGBT lot in these companies. Barclays for instance sacked a senior MD for shouting profanities at the construction site the next day and sent him back to whatever country he came from. This time next year, none of these MNCs will participate as their purpose is to make profits not a lifestyle agenda.

LGBT have hijacked the diversity approach and this means gender, race, minorities etc . Diversity is not confined to Sexual identity and role.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Freak shows like pink dot should definitely be banned. The era where the oddities of nature were paraded at fun fairs and circuses are long gone. We are supposed to be far more civilized in this day and age.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he who has the gold makes the rules.we got the money,u do as we say,even if it means swallowing our dick in ur mouth.i am finally convinced the key to success in singapore and getting everyone to bend over.MONEY. be a ultra billionaire like li ka shing,own a hundred billion dollar conglomerate and u can support any political party and any gay rights political activists and thats absolutely nothing PAP can do.and if that doesnt work i will offer to pay all my opposition MPs 5 million a year as a advisor and director in one of my companies.....and see how many of them jump ship.....i will start a billion dollar charity organization in singapore....and if fucking peasant sinkies refuse to vote for me in the next election i will say no more goodies for them.

Last edited:

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By not taking action, MHA sends out a signal that it is weak, and have guts to bully locals only......

Maybe if social entities set up by CSJ were to receive foreign funding........ hmmmm........ then perhaps MHA will take action.

then there is the scenario that a political party hijack the Pink Dot movement.....

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Singapore government should BAN all economic activity by companies that defy the instructions of the MHA.

Singapore government and singaporeans are spineless.....they will not do anything or stand up for their principles if they feel slightly threatened in any way or anything that might jeopardise their smooth sailing sampan....and if the foreign companies promise them some money or business/money making opportunity,it will ease whatever guilt they have and forget their morals completely.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

many of these sponsors are owned by Zionist Jews.........they're the ones behind the Gay movement and Transgenderism..........Lee Family works for these Jews...........

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just ban hong lim park.
Who suggested to set up Hong Lim park?

They should just ban it outright....the event had been held for many years already.....ask the same who suggested Hong Lim Park, why they allowed activities there?....they want to imitate what they do in LONDON....but we have no "balls" to be like LONDON.

Close off Hong Lim....ban all activities there & ban the gay movement...period!....they DARE?